Luke
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco Base, 2017 Ford Superduty F-250 STX
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

The way it looks, feels, the technology too! The bronco you also get way more bang for your buck!
Sponsored

BroncMe

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMWs
Your Bronco Model
Base
Nothing wrong with a Jeep. I consider it a little more robust for serious rock crawling.

This vehicle was to spend more than 95% of the time on pavement and when off road it would usually be on rough gravel roads or maybe an overgrown roads with ruts at most.

For me the choice was really between a Toyota 4 Runner TRD and a Ford Bronco. Both seemed to fit my need better than a Wrangler. In the end I felt the 4 runner needed a refresh badly, so Bronco it was. No regrets so far.

Everyone seems so focused on the Wrangler vs Bronco. I get the comparison, but I see the Bronco as a bigger competitor to the 4 Runner than the Wrangler. I think that Ford did a good job placing the Broncos capabilities squarely between the 4 Runner and Wrangler.

Humble opinion... no open top, no comparison

pakrat

Badlands
First Name
JG
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota 4Runner-F250-Tundra
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Speed wobbles/highway manners. If I wanted a pure rock crawler a side by side or trailered rig would be better option. But for a one vehicle quiver...Bronco is the clear winner.

WarringEagle

Big Bend
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Headroom. While I wish the seat dropped 1/2" more, I'm up against the bar in the Wrangler

Sponsored

Lèòn

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Several:

I: Wanted a Jeep to begin with
II: Already built an Ecoboost Mustang, so was familiar with the engine
III: V6 doesn't have the same easy of tuning as the Ecoboost did
IV: Fords manual was easier to drive than Jeeps (addressed here)
V: New and unique; for better and/or worse, I'm the only 2dr Rapid Red Badlands I've ever seen in my area, especially with my soft top xD (Vs the endless amounts of just JL's you'll see at say, Jeep beach)
VI: Handling, I like the way my girl drives, and also don't like the live front axles
VII: Toughness. I might have beaten up my suspension, but my jeep friends say there Jeeps woulda been worse off.
VIII: Comfort. Roomier and never felt fatigued driving it from Jerzy to Florida
IX: Fun factor. Just the way I am, don't think I'd enjoy the Jeep as much.
X: I was able to be among the first to order and get my Bronco, I can tell the stories of 7/13, following the reveals and waiting all these months. Can't do that with a wrangler at this point, unless ya count a '24 model

ryannshit

Badlands
First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Website
youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Badlands 2.3 L Manual
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

The Badlands is just a bit better in every category for me compared to my old JL Rubicon, especially drive quality and looks.

#TeamIFS

Acadist

Badlands
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 BadSquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Jeep’s are on the banned list from my wife which includes
Ford Bronco What made you choose Bronco over Jeep Wrangler? IMG_0423
every vehicle I have ever totaled

mike8675309

Base
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco ManSquatch, 2023 Chevy Silverado
Your Bronco Model
Base
I was never indecisive. The value of the Bronco vs a Wrangler was just too obvious. A 2 door-base manual SAS vs a comparable Wrangler? Bronco wins that every day.
In fact, you can't build something from the factory that compares. I can't get the low-range transfer case with the manual transmission, and to get even close, you are almost $10k more in cost.

jbellousux

Badlands
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘13 Land Cruiser
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I learned to drive on a ‘64 Willys, 2WD, 3 speed manual. It was a great ranch vehicle.
As an adult, I’ve never had a craving to hardcore off-road and never truly had a second car/“toy” so to speak.
With the kids grown, and my 200 series LandCruiser getting up in miles, I thought I might get an old muscle car as a toy. The Bronco was not on my radar. I didn’t even know Ford was planning one. But when the pictures dropped in July, 2020, something about its appearance was visceral to me. I knew I wanted one after reading about the flexibility of the vehicle, and equally importantly, the availability of a stick.
Twenty months later, the rig arrived and I’ve had lots of fun with it. Three Badge of Honor trails in CO and UT (didn’t know what those were before), the full round trip of Padre Island National Seashore and lots of assorted tooling around town.
I have gotten more compliments about it than the three Porsches I owned combined (not that I give a rat’s arse).

It’s not a Jeep or a LandCruiser. But 17 months since I have had it and I still love the looks. Hopefully, the mechanical won’t disappoint. The LandCruiser remains my daily driver, but I’m driving the Bronco when I’m not at work.
Ford Bronco What made you choose Bronco over Jeep Wrangler? DSC_6151

Sponsored

Russ.Cere

Wildtrak
Lux Sponsor (Level 2)
First Name
Russ
Threads
Reaction score
Website
modcrate.myshopify.com
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I figured the reservation cost was so I might as well reserve one. I wasn't really in the market for a new vehicle, but it looked cool. After I reserved it, I started looking into the Bronco and went down an overlanding/vehicle recreation rabbit hole. I intended to flip it until I picked it up from the dealership. Fell in love with it on the road trip home. Keeping it was the best decision I've made in a while.

gwp

Badlands
First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Harley Davidson FLTRUSE
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

For those who were indecisive between the two... what made you choose Bronco over Jeep Wrangler? I 100% without a doubt want 2 door!! Also want auto (no manual) and trims with NO carpet on the floor.

LOVE the rubberized/washable floors many Bronco trims have which Jeep Wrangler does not seem to have (I could be wrong about this but doesn't seem Wrangler has this). But I am still conflicted between Bronco vs Wrangler... I am extremely stuck between the two and I keep going back-and-forth. It is driving me insane 😶

I would be using mine as daily driver with some overlanding in the mountains...
At 6’5” I am cramped in any Jeep. In the two door, my head hits the roll bar. Feels like a penalty box.

On the highway a Jeep drives like a penalty box in comparison as well. Horrible steering and suspension.

The Jeep is better for hard core wheeling on the rocks. For any other purpose the Bronco is superior, and it’s very comfy on a 10 hour drive.

LCW

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco 2dr Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Just traded my 22 JLUR for a 2dr BL! Wanted a 2 door but something with a bit more wheelbase and cargo space than a 2-dr JL.

I will take some getting used to but I’m stoked! Got the 2.7. That hood is the biggest adjustment. It’s GIGANTIC compared to a Wrangler hood!

I look forward to wheeling this thing though!

Ford Bronco What made you choose Bronco over Jeep Wrangler? IMG_7216
Ford Bronco What made you choose Bronco over Jeep Wrangler? IMG_7218
Ford Bronco What made you choose Bronco over Jeep Wrangler? IMG_7215
Ford Bronco What made you choose Bronco over Jeep Wrangler? IMG_7214