First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW I3, F150, '89 XJ, Nissan Figaro & F100CV
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
First problem, it's a Stellantis product. Second thing, my ex GF has a '19 JL Rubicon with a RC lift and 35's. The 2.0T is the uprated engine? The quality was poor and it didn't drive (on the road) too much better than my lifted trail beater XJ. Not to mention what she paid for it.
Sponsored

Jimbob007

Outer Banks
First Name
Jimmy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco, 1996 Camaro
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I've had a soft spot for the Bronco since high school, and when I saw the 6th gen I knew eventually I wanted one. We also have wranglers in our family, so I like being the oddball. There's also too damn many wranglers on the road (which is my answer everytime my dad asks me why I didn't want a wrangler)

Tacoman

Raptor
First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Code Orange Braptor, 2022 Black Braptor
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Interior. I rented a Wrangler to confirm I wanted to wait for the Bronco and it confirmed it. I hated the look and feel of the Wrangler interior.
That's funny as we have both a Braptor(mine) and a OBX Bronco(wifes), and of course my 2020 Rubicon...and I 100% prefer the dash layout and overall front of my Wrangler over both Broncos we have......love all our offroaders!

ChaseG

Outer Banks
First Name
Chase
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco, 2018 Subaru Crosstrek
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
That's funny as we have both a Braptor(mine) and a OBX Bronco(wifes), and of course my 2020 Rubicon...and I 100% prefer the dash layout and overall front of my Wrangler over both Broncos we have......love all our offroaders!
That's super interesting. What a garage!

555-RGNE

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Basequatch 2dr 2.7L
Your Bronco Model
Base
I've had two JKUs ('12 and '16) and a 2020 JLU. I loved the JKs, but he JL just felt too "soft" with the rounded edges, touch screen, etc., and the ESS battery headaches were always in the back of my mind. My JLU also was also built in the short period where Jeep "upgraded" to the crappy steering boxes that caused really bad on-road wandering issues. I regretted trading in my 2016 and just couldn't mesh with the JLU. Once people started noticing the corrosion issue around the hinges on their Jeeps, I was out. I sold my 2020 during the COVID craziness 9 months and 14K miles after purchasing it for $200 less than what I paid out the door and bought a cash car beater while I decided my next move.

I wanted something like a Jeep and had previously owned two '91 Broncos, so I started looking and lurking on B6G. The value of the Basequatch sucked me in. I ordered my 2022 for MSRP ($41990) which was less expensive than my 2020 JLU Willys and had WAY more features. Now that I have all of the recalls and electronic issues on my Bronco fixed, I'm good with it. The side curtain airbags on my Bronco are a big plus, as well, and one of the main reasons I didn't dump it for a 2 door Wrangler when I was having all of my issues a few months ago. I'm hoping the cam phaser issue on the 2.7 happens before my warranty runs out, but who knows. Hopefully Ford will bite the bullet and do what's right when the time comes, but I'm not holding my breath. Maybe the Bronco will hold on long enough for the next gen Wrangler to come out and I can reevaluate my options.

My wife picked up a 2023 JLU 6 months ago or so once I verified that Jeep had fixed the steering issues and the corrosion issues. It's a lowly Sport with no power windows or locks, which is what she wanted (surprised the crap out of me after coming out of a Mercedes and a QX80). Once I stop being lazy and disconnect the ESS battery, my only major concern with it will be eliminated. It tracks well on the highway and is our family road trip vehicle just because of the extra cargo room versus my 2 door Bronco.

I can't knock on either, honestly. It'd still be a neck and neck decision where I at the same crossroads.

Sponsored

Agrod

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 4dr OBX
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I test drove a two-year-old Jeep Wrangler Sport with 40,000 miles and it felt HORRIBLE! Then I test drove a SAS Bronco and drove it off the lot.

I never test drove a new Jeep comparable to a SAS Bronco like a Rubicon or HighTide, however. Felt like too much money for almost no tech or creature comforts. The 2024 packs more tech and a better interior than the previous one, so I probably would've looked at those before deciding.

stpax

Big Bend
First Name
steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota tundra
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

I had a 81 Jeep CJ7 and i loved it..I also owned an 86 Dodge Ramcharger...it was horrible from the first day i owned it...it was going to be a "forever" vehicle...until the freeze plug blew on the highway... 53 thousand miles on a 50 thousand warranty...had a fender bender and the shop said they never saw such a thin paint job, the whole truck was rusting....mopar is a joke at my workplace...anybody stupid enough to buy one gets ridiculed!

RynoRanger

Badlands
First Name
Chuck
Threads
Reaction score
Website
azbluey.com
Vehicle(s)
2.7L Badlands NS 4dr
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

1. Interior room/space was pretty big reason. Jeeps are fkn TIGHT, i'm tall-ish and i've driven jeeps... just not comfortable to me. It's good on trail but for daily driver and roadtrip rig... nah.
  2. Stability at speed - have to drive on road for a while before I get to rocks and w/ family I wanted more comfort. IFS, despite the obvious complaints, is SO much better in every other instance than heavy crawling w/ articulation. I was fine w/ that tradeoff.
  3. Infotainment / wireless carplay w/ 'big' (12") screen.
  4. Built-in tech - upfitters, modes help, switches for front and rear lockers, trail-turn is nice but don't use it often, but when I do ... it's really nice. I've never once used trail assist mode tho.
  5. It was new... I liked the story of the Bronco coming back. And I liked the look. 10 billion jeeps driving around, this was different.

4X4XFAR

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F250, GT500
Your Bronco Model
Base
Bronco over Wrangler . . .
1. IFS
2. Rack and pinion steering
3. Inherited bias towards Ford products
4. Belief that resale will be better
5. My body-damaging off-roading happens with my '92 Toyota truggy (SAS, dual cases, stickies, etc.)

BlakeD69

Badlands
First Name
Blake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Range Rover Sport
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

For those who were indecisive between the two... what made you choose Bronco over Jeep Wrangler? I 100% without a doubt want 2 door!! Also want auto (no manual) and trims with NO carpet on the floor.

LOVE the rubberized/washable floors many Bronco trims have which Jeep Wrangler does not seem to have (I could be wrong about this but doesn't seem Wrangler has this). But I am still conflicted between Bronco vs Wrangler... I am extremely stuck between the two and I keep going back-and-forth. It is driving me insane 😶

I would be using mine as daily driver with some overlanding in the mountains...
Much better drive on roads 95% of my driving, while being highly capable off road for that 5%. I also find the look better for Bronco. Finally, I can sleep in the back of it when camping without tent for short overnight trips to the mountains.

Sponsored

Dtronic

Heritage
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 F350, 2023 Toyota Camry, 2022 BMW S1000R
Your Bronco Model
Heritage
Availability.

The jokes on me :LOL:

PrepVet

Big Bend
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
A bunch.
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
I've owned several Jeeps. 2 YJ's (95 2.3l, auto - max speed of 58mph, 93 4.0L, 5 speed, loved it but it rusted out around the driveline) 2 TJ's (98 4.0L, 5 speed, 99 Sahara 4.0L, 5 speed) and 2 JK's ( 13 3.6L, 6 speed - biggest POS I've owned and I bought it new, 07 3.8L, 6 speed - best car I've owned I drove it to over 225k miles).

I wanted something different and I have always been a Ford guy.

KABQ

Base
First Name
Aaron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'93 4Runner, '84 Vanagon, '93 Miata, '14 LittleGuy
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

It's always Jeeps driving off trail on the alpine tundra in Colorado. It's protected for a reason, stay the eff off it. So I guess I chose a Bronco because of Jeep people.

XirallicBolts

Outer Banks
First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Flex EcoBoost, 2010 Milan
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
AT FIRST, they didn't pull the "Certain trims require a certain number of doors" nonsense like Jeep -- there's no reason a Sahara can't be had in 2-door.

We were concerned about style, reliability, and comfort.

Jeep's build-and-price kept breaking and it was impossible to determine what trims offered front lockers. (Admittedly, Ford's build-and-price is pretty terrible too. Is it really asking THAT MUCH for them to clarify the different between standard carpeted floor mats and Upgraded carpeted floor mats? Maybe a photo instead of a generic silhouette?)

The doors on Bronco are an appropriate size, it doesn't look like you need to dislocate your spine to climb in.

Every Wrangler looks the same -- you see one and you aren't sure if it's a brand-new 2023, or a 2013 with Amazon headlamps.

For the same price in a Wrangler you're getting less interior space, smaller infotainment, no 360 camera, smaller tires, and less power.

broncohopeful

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hyundai, 22 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

whim tbh
Sponsored