First Name
Marty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Edge-F-150 Supercrew
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Completely irrelevant to the subject at hand.

The fact there are people that reserved within a few hours of reveal that don't have a vin while people that walked in LAST WEEK to place an order and get a Vin is disgusting.

I'm going to hold strong for now, maybe even a few more months but at some point I'm just going to buy something else and it WILL NOT be a Ford product.

My wife and I will soon have our youngest graduate and with that we wanted to spend the summer going on little adventures with this vehicle. We have worked very hard to get to this point and damn deserve it but month after month Ford has done nothing but shit on the ones that have supported this launch from the get go.
I hear ya my wife and I had a trip out west last summer that I totally expected to have my Bronco to take out there from Michigan. We went to Moab Rodeo and had a blast but I would have liked it more if I had my Bronco. I have a OBX ordered 9/22/20 and reserved date of 1/22/21 and nothing its very frustrating to hear other builds like mine that just walked in and now they are driving a new vehicle. I plan on hanging in there till I get my Bronco but the wait is getting old!
Sponsored

ChompSticks

Black Diamond
First Name
ChompSticks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'02 E55 wagon, '98 Suzuki X-90, '96 Town Car
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

If Ford can't build higher end trims then they need to let us know so we can just buy something else then.
They did tell us that some people may expect a 2023. WIsh they could narrow it down though.

Brongo

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
But what I meant, is that your party of 5 is compared to your list of constraints. Makes sense in my head. Lol

you missed that memo. 🤪
I see. But that suggests that the constraints are caused by the reservation holder and not the restaurant. In our case, my whole party is here, but the restaurant doesn’t have plates and forks available for us yet.

Johnny Mo

Raptor
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Website
teachu2shoot.com
Vehicle(s)
Ford Fusion Energi, Ducati XDiavel
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

But what I meant, is that your party of 5 is compared to your list of constraints. Makes sense in my head. Lol

you missed that memo. 🤪
I think the more appropriate comparison is that the restaurant ran out of the mashed potatoes and creamed spinach. Or more appropriately in this case the main part of the entree that was selected from the menu.

Booback

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Xxx
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I see. But that suggests that the constraints are caused by the reservation holder and not the restaurant. In our case, my whole party is here, but the restaurant doesn’t have plates and forks available for us yet.
And when they do, they give them to a walk in while you sit by the door @Ford Motor Company

Sponsored

shieldsy

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'79 Bronco XLT
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Nobody made Ford take reservations.

They marketed, launched, promised and sold the vehicle that way (along with a lot of other promises they ended up breaking).

Ford was rewarded by using that approach with a metric ton of reservations as well as early buying preferences from actual customers lining up. The Street was very happy as well.

It was a bait and switch tactic that you normally get from one of their slime-ball dealerships not the Mothership.

It is painfully clear that no matter what comes out of Fords mouth, they have zero intention on being customer focused. They will continue to cater to their large dealership network at the expense of everything and everyone else.

Bongo Fury

Base
First Name
Bongo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2003 Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Base
If I read this correctly the "Reservation" has limited functionality beyond getting the reservation holder a spot in line to order a Bronco. Outside of that it would appear there is not much else that tool provides.
https://fordauthority.com/2020/07/full-details-on-how-bronco-sport-and-bronco-reservations-work/

Ford Bronco An open letter to Ford. 1642776608960

Ford Bronco An open letter to Ford. 1642776824013

https://www.ford.com/support/how-tos/owner-resources/sales-support/reservation-to-order-faqs/

Additionally footnote "2" may be of particular interest to those who have placed deposits and have had Dealers mark up final costs.

djlumen

Black Diamond
First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Google
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I mean restaurants keep selling and processing to-go orders while the tables are full. The tables are like Broncos with restricted commodities there are only so many available. If you are starving and want food now order it to-go (a non-restricted bronco).

BC overlanding

Badlands
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
seriously you guys know how to beat a dead horse..
Try just try to wrap your head around this
1. Life isn't FAIR
2. FORD doesn't care
3. Dealerships done care
4. Moaning about not getting to spend 35,000-65,000 dollars is 1st world problem
4. World doesn't care you haven't got you Bronco yet

sooner you realize this the better off you are, So wait or buy something else
with that said hope everyone gets there Rig sooner then later

Sponsored

okbob

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
71' u15, 66' u14, 66' u14
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

The Ford sympathizers will be along shortly.....oops, already have lol.

Graybs

Base
First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1968 F250
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Dear Steve,

We do not give two shits.

--Ford

ChompSticks

Black Diamond
First Name
ChompSticks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'02 E55 wagon, '98 Suzuki X-90, '96 Town Car
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

seriously you guys know how to beat a dead horse..
Try just try to wrap your head around this
1. Life isn't FAIR
2. FORD doesn't care
3. Dealerships done care
4. Moaning about not getting to spend 35,000-65,000 dollars is 1st world problem
4. World doesn't care you haven't got you Bronco yet

sooner you realize this the better off you are, So wait or buy something else
with that said hope everyone gets there Rig sooner then later
Yup, I am waiting for the right G wagon to come up.

22OBX

Outer Banks
First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'15 F150 Lariat, '04 F150 Lariat, '73 F100 Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

When you go to a restaurant do you expect them to hold the table if your entire party is not there for another 2 hours?

dealer allocation does suck though
Or do they sit others while you wait for your party to arrive?

If I read this correctly the "Reservation" has limited functionality beyond getting the reservation holder a spot in line to order a Bronco. Outside of that it would appear there is not much else that tool provides.
https://fordauthority.com/2020/07/full-details-on-how-bronco-sport-and-bronco-reservations-work/

1642776608960.png

1642776824013.png

https://www.ford.com/support/how-tos/owner-resources/sales-support/reservation-to-order-faqs/

Additionally footnote "2" may be of particular interest to those who have placed deposits and have had Dealers mark up final costs.
This. I never saw anything stating other than what is posted here and what was in the reservation agreement. As it relates to allocation and dealers stacking orders there are state laws and antitrust laws they have to take into account. If there were 100 dealers out of 3,000 getting the bulk of orders, you think the other 2,900 dealers wouldn't cry foul? There were never any guarantees other than you will be able to place an order if you had a reservation. If anyone has in writing that Ford said we will be every reservation order before we build any others, please post it.
Sponsored