Beachin 74

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1974 Bronco, 2015 F-150, 2022 OBX
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I remember the last guy that shamed people and got bent over the very next week even with his “signed” agreement. Ya’ll better hope that doesn’t happen to you because you won’t get any sympathy from me or likely anyone else here.
I have to admit, that was awesome! I wonder how that crow tastes?:unsure:
Sponsored

Pootypoot

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Joseph
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator Mojave
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I have to admit, that was awesome! I wonder how that crow tastes?:unsure:
Lol me too. I remember he got a “priority” order after the dealer refused to give in. Not sure if he ever got a Bronco or not.

Pootypoot

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Joseph
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator Mojave
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I agree. This is my first ordered vehicle. I ordered when order banks first opened up, way before I heard the term ADM. I had a DORA that had the price on it and it never occurred to me to get it signed so I don’t get a crazy markup. Maybe the people calling first-time orderers like me who don’t get signatures idiots have been around the block a few times and know better. I’m getting mine at MSRP because I don’t have a shady dealer
You’re not an idiot. 99% of car orders are simple, you tell the dealer what you want and he provides a price sheet. You sign it, car gets built and shipped and you pay what the paper says. This is only a thing now because of Covid.

JAricB

Outer Banks
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
540i, Rubicon, Bronco, TRX
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Do I have any recourse? As you can imagine, pretty frustrated.
A good option is to buy a different vehicle and forget about the Bronco and any Ford branded product again. Then write a letter to Ford explaining the specific situation. Buy a Jeep. As an owner of both a Wrangler and a Bronco, neither is worth $15k over sticker. Frankly, neither is worth sticker price.

SkyKing

Wildtrak
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 CG Wildtrak, E.R.A. 1966 Cobra 427 S/C replica
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Sorry but I just don’t understand how ANYONE could think it makes sense to wait until the car arrives at the dealership until they talk about the price. With all the headlines about markups, high demand, parts shortages, why why why would someone wait until the dealer has the car - which is the point when the buyer has zero leverage. You could have switched dealers if you had this conversation with the dealer before it was shipped. This has been going on for nearly a year now. This should not be catching anyone by surprise at this point.

Sponsored

Evergreen

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F-150, Zero FXS
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Sorry but I just don’t understand how ANYONE could think it makes sense to wait until the car arrives at the dealership until they talk about the price. With all the headlines about markups, high demand, parts shortages, why why why would someone wait until the dealer has the car - which is the point when the buyer has zero leverage. You could have switched dealers if you had this conversation with the dealer before it was shipped. This has been going on for nearly a year now. This should not be catching anyone by surprise at this point.
As time has gone on and this become more commonplace more people are aware and being proactive, but it's still not something most people are aware of. To the vast majority of car buyers if a dealer tells you the price of your order on a DORA and you say "ok great" that is the price conversation.

There's no other business to consumer interaction where the business can legally get away with pulling the rug from under you at the last second, so why would anyone expect a car purchase to be different?

SkyKing

Wildtrak
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

As time has gone on and this become more commonplace more people are aware and being proactive, but it's still not something most people are aware of. To the vast majority of car buyers if a dealer tells you the price of your order on a DORA and you say "ok great" that is the price conversation.

There's no other business to consumer interaction where the business can legally get away with pulling the rug from under you at the last second, so why would anyone expect a car purchase to be different?
My point is that these stories are all over the news and buyers have had many many months to speak to their dealer BEFORE the car is shipped from Ford. Even if someone doesn’t have a signed agreement they can still go get one, or switch dealers. Waiting until the car shows up the dealer leaves the buyer with no control. Three weeks ago, he could have avoided this.

MLRey

Outer Banks
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Ford Ranger Lariat FX4, 18 Subaru Outback
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
My point is that these stories are all over the news and buyers have had many many months to speak to their dealer BEFORE the car is shipped from Ford. Even if someone doesn’t have a signed agreement they can still go get one, or switch dealers. Waiting until the car shows up the dealer leaves the buyer with no control. Three weeks ago, he could have avoided this.
I don't necessarily disagree with you but I doubt going to the dealer 3 week or even 3 months earlier would have helped. Ford, contrary to what they stated, has not allowed dealership transfers for quite some time. At this point you're stuck with the dealership you have and there's nothing you can do about it. I cancelled my first reservation a year ago because even then they wouldn't commit to a price other than the "market price". I took that to mean I was going to get screwed. I then relied on my other reservation with Granger but now that's looking like it will take forever to come through because surprise surprise Ford lied again and changed the rules. I saw this coming when Ford wouldn't allow use of the X-Plan. Since then it's only gotten worse between dealership antics and Ford changing the rules to suit themselves and their largest dealers. Ford will be largely responsible for me buying my first Jeep this year.

Philvis77

Black Diamond
First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2000 Jeep Cherokee
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Up until about maybe 4-5 months ago, I saw nothing about ADMs except on this forum. I'd be willing to bet that well over 99% of car buyers have never paid above MSRP for a vehicle. The only people I'd consider scratching my head at and pointing fingers for not getting signed pricing deals would be regular members of this forum. Never in a million years did I think I'd ever pay MSRP and consider it a "good deal".

SkyKing

Wildtrak
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Up until about maybe 4-5 months ago, I saw nothing about ADMs except on this forum. I'd be willing to bet that well over 99% of car buyers have never paid above MSRP for a vehicle. The only people I'd consider scratching my head at and pointing fingers for not getting signed pricing deals would be regular members of this forum. Never in a million years did I think I'd ever pay MSRP and consider it a "good deal".
C8 corvette had the same situation happening a year earlier. They were widely publicizing that Broncos would be selling for over MSRP well
Before reservations opened. There was every indication that this would be happening. This happened with gen 1 Miata’s in 1989. As soon as people started seeing First Editions going for over $100k, alarms bells should have been going off for anyone who didn’t have a signed agreement. It was a totally predictable feeding frenzy.

Sponsored

67BroncoG1

Base
First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 2D Squatch, '67 Bronco, '24 Grenadier -ordered
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Dear Southern Girl, dont you dare scold me over the immature and unprofessional conduct of a wannabe Bronco owner, one who places an "order" and doesn't bother to get a purchase agreement with a transaction price. This thread is absolutely ridiculous, the timing of the Bronco introduction during a pandemic which disrupted most supply chains, coupled with a very strong demand has created a supply/demand curve which is insane. I know of a situation where a friend went looking for an abandoned retail order and found a dealer with a 4 door OB nicely equipped who demanded $5k over MSRP, a number my friend gladly accepted, Bronco came in, deal was done at +$5K and my friend promptly listed it online and resold it for a cool $10K profit above his cost. Who is the guilty party here, my friend, the $5k over dealer, or the ultimate customer who spent big bucks and got what he wanted?
why exactly did you feel you needed to quote me in this post?

GreenMtnBronco

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 BadSquatch; 13 Wrangler JK; 04 Lifted Mini
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Details please. I will be dealing with same situation here shortly. I'm a day one reservation holder I don't have a sing agreement but I know it's not much these day's but I have their word to honor msrp an order with the msrp amount and text saying they will honor msrp but you never know these day's. Hopefully it doesn't come to me needing the community to light a fire under them. So post your reservation information as long as you ordered you should get msrp.
due to what was going on here in the forums, when my day 1 reservation was still a couple of months from build date, I contacted my dealer by email (email can hold up legally) and said "the contract you sent me to sign wasn't signed by your dealership. next day it showed up (unsigned again) - I pointed that out, a few days later it showed up signed and there were no games at delivery. just their response to my email with the unsigned agreement can be construed as a legal signature in many states because they sent it.
do yourself a favor, have the conversation NOW not when they have leverage with a car sitting on the lot

I remember the last guy that shamed people and got bent over the very next week even with his “signed” agreement. Ya’ll better hope that doesn’t happen to you because you won’t get any sympathy from me or likely anyone else here.
If i recall, this guy went to the dealer in person, became an unhinged screaming lunatic, wanted to make a statement when he left and slammed the door so hard it shattered, police were called, charges were pressed and he ended up with no negotiating position once that happened. It was also a very large corporate owned dealership with a legal department.

MLRey

Outer Banks
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Ford Ranger Lariat FX4, 18 Subaru Outback
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Do I have any recourse? As you can imagine, pretty frustrated.
Simple answer No. Only real hope is to shame them online and hope for the best. Probably the best thing you can do is walk away, buy a nice new Jeep below invoice and enjoy it. Join some Jeep forums and say bad things about Ford and Bronco's if you need some closure.
Sponsored