Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.cspencephoto.com
Vehicle(s)
2022 Badlands 2DR
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Owners, Read the TSB. According to Ford our noise is prominent at Neutral, 1 and 2 while Cold. Exactly as you describe.

A7C9BEBB-2ADE-47B4-A49A-2DF3C40089B4.jpeg

98883BD2-A61B-4E8D-93D4-01681FF015B1.jpeg
Sponsored

Ford Motor Company

First Edition
Official Ford Account
First Name
Ford
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco, Bronco Sport
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Yes. Was not there when new, noticed it around 3k miles, currently at 6k. Have not noticed it getting any worse, but I don't drive it every day.
Good morning! If you are willing to send us a private message including your VIN and dealership info, I'd be happy to see how I can help on my end.

Ford Motor Company

First Edition
Official Ford Account
First Name
Ford
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco, Bronco Sport
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Mine did not start until around 9k miles. I hear it every time I start up and it goes away once engine is warm.
I will call the dealer after the new year.
Hi there. Could you privately message us with your VIN and the name and location of your Ford dealer so I can assist with this noise concern? Thank you!

Sponsored

Ford Motor Company

First Edition
Official Ford Account
First Name
Ford
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco, Bronco Sport
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Glad they finally recognized the noise, but I'm not sure this is going to cover it in it's entirety. Mine is most noticeable while in first and second, but exists in other gears as well. It almost requires something reflecting the sound back for it to overcome normal engine noise. Mine also never went away when winter became spring and then summer. It also doesn't go away as the trans warms up. It has existed from the time I picked it up a year ago in October, and continues today and 7k miles later. It has actually gotten louder with time although doesn't seem to cause any functional issues, at least not yet. If nothing else, it's an admission and a direction. I've been waiting for an answer as I also have a list of other warranty issues I want fixed while they are going to have to keep it.
Hello. Go ahead and send us a private message with your VIN and dealer info. I’ll look into this noise concern for you. Thank you!

Bmadda

Badlands
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1990 Bronco eddie bauer
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
No noise on mine. Built 2/22. 3700 mi
EDIT: In Wisconsin, knock on wood, still good in cold temps so far

Last edited:

MannyG20

Badlands
First Name
Ted
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F-150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Owners, Read the TSB. According to Ford our noise is prominent at Neutral, 1 and 2 while Cold. Exactly as you describe.

Ford Bronco Manual Transmission Noise Poll 98883BD2-A61B-4E8D-93D4-01681FF015B1

Ford Bronco Manual Transmission Noise Poll 98883BD2-A61B-4E8D-93D4-01681FF015B1
I know some of y’all are as good of a mechanic as the Ford techs. But I laughed that the Service Procedure was only 4 steps and the first step is - ‘Remove transmission from vehicle’.
You might as well tell me to ‘Remove brain from skull’ or ‘Remove warhead from nuclear device’.

Boreal

Badlands
First Name
Colby
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.cspencephoto.com
Vehicle(s)
2022 Badlands 2DR
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I know some of y’all are as good of a mechanic as the Ford techs. But I laughed that the Service Procedure was only 4 steps and the first step is - ‘Remove transmission from vehicle’.
You might as well tell me to ‘Remove brain from skull’ or ‘Remove warhead from nuclear device’.
It’s straight up rest of the owl vibes

68CFC48D-ACE9-4368-8B74-3EAECAE5729D.jpeg

Sponsored

thesocalexplorer

Big Bend
First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

No noise yet on mine, fingers crossed. January 2022 build @ 8500 miles currently. Hasn't really experienced routine cold starts below 63 degrees (garage kept) except when out camping/overlanding.

BaseManSquatch

Base
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
I've seen many threads covering the throw out bearing type grinding noise coming from their manual Trans at idle cold.

My 2022 at 300km makes this noise. This is obviously a fault out of the gate and not a normal operating feature.

I would like to see if we could get this thread stickied so we can start a list of those effected by this issue.
I like your idea of the poll but can you please redo it with a title stating that only members who live in cold climates (Michigan, Canada, Alaska, etc.) vote?

From the reading I've done on here the noise happens most likely on broncos that live in cold climates so I'm not sure how accurate the results are when you have people posting from California or Florida stating how they never hear any weird noises from their 7 speed since their tranny doesn't experience the same cold climate.

UTultimate

Badlands
First Name
UltimateBronco
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Volvo
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I like your idea of the poll but can you please redo it with a title stating that only members who live in cold climates (Michigan, Canada, Alaska, etc.) vote?

From the reading I've done on here the noise happens most likely on broncos that live in cold climates so I'm not sure how accurate the results are when you have people posting from California or Florida stating how they never hear any weird noises from their 7 speed since their tranny doesn't experience the same cold climate.
I’m in Charleston SC and mine makes noise all the time, so it’s not limited to only cold weather.

BroncoAZ

Badlands
First Name
Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 2 Door Badlands manual, 2021 Tacoma TRD OR
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Built 11/2021, 2600 miles, had the noise at idle since new. I’m in Massachusetts and had the noise all summer. I have an 8 year 100K extended warranty, so I figured I’d drive it until it breaks or until Ford decides on a fix.

BaseManSquatch

Base
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
Built 11/2021, 2600 miles, had the noise at idle since new. I’m in Massachusetts and had the noise all summer. I have an 8 year 100K extended warranty, so I figured I’d drive it until it breaks or until Ford decides on a fix.
How much was the warranty? What if someone wants to keep the bronco forever, do they have a warranty for 15 or more years?
Sponsored