Benjamin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 GT500, 1987 F250, 1969 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Several weeks ago, I called a Ford number someone on the forum told me about, and said a recommended magic phrase, and shockingly was immediately connected with a nice older lady, who looked me up and gave me the price protection certificate number. It was one of the best customer service calls I've ever had. I'll try to find the info for you.

One thing though, the lady said just because the amount (in my case I recall $2854) is listed and I have a certificate, that didn't mean for sure I was entitled to all or any of that, and that the dealer was involved somehow in making it happen. But at least I have the cert#.
What is the "recommended magic phrase"? I have called the Ford hotline and my dealer multiple times and always get told "we don't see anything, call the other guys"

gtabert

Badlands
First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 gt350r / '65 f100 / '99 Silverado / '15 VW TDI
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Several weeks ago, I called a Ford number someone on the forum told me about, and said a recommended magic phrase, and shockingly was immediately connected with a nice older lady, who looked me up and gave me the price protection certificate number. It was one of the best customer service calls I've ever had. I'll try to find the info for you.

One thing though, the lady said just because the amount (in my case I recall $2854) is listed and I have a certificate, that didn't mean for sure I was entitled to all or any of that, and that the dealer was involved somehow in making it happen. But at least I have the cert#.
My dealer wouldn’t do anything until I really pushed the issue. And then I emailed Ford executives, every one I could find and finally got some movement. Dealer just said they had cert this morning. 26 days after delivery. I will see hopefully Monday the actual amount and pricing. I don’t trust them at this point , to not try and add charges. To me It’s pretty simple. We’ll see.
Thank You for the encouragement, any help would be appreciated. I look forward to an update. The one thing my dealer did say is now that the sale is closed, Ford said they will provide him more info. I find that a bit odd, as if Ford is holding back info from him until the deal is finalized, then they will disclose the certificate number and dollar amount. If the "Private Offer" is between me and Ford, why would they not contact me to disclose the particulars of when and what amount. I may be trying to defend Ford in the belief they will not abandon those with transmission problems, that does not mean I'm not skeptical. On another Ford issue I have concern with, some of the GT350 FPC Engines are prone to failure. Most notably 2015 - 2018 engines. They figured out after some time the problem, having replaced several customers engines, they redesigned and improved them for the "19 - '20 MY. All replacement engines were of the new design noted by the markings on the side of the block. There was no accross board recall, and if a failure occurs out of warranty, too bad. I have a 2018, am I worried, not necessarily as not all motors were affected. But. I did buy an extended warranty. These are $25k engines if you go it alone, I have no intention of selling out of fear. Milage is the devil with any warranty, passage of time has nothing to do with failures. I, unfortunately do not put a lot of miles on that 2018, currently 1,500, but I hope and pray, with a strong bit of confidence, the engine in this car is one of the good ones. That's the position I'm living on with my MT Bronco, hoping I have one of the good transmissions. Time will tell in both cases.

kermite1

Badlands
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Chevy Blazer, 2007 Kawasaki Mean Streak SE
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I brought my Bronco in to get the transmission noise looked at. They said they couldn't recreate the issue. After encouraging them to wait until the next morning, it was colder outside and they were able to hear the noise. They had my Bronco for 3 days. I had to pick it up as the were no safety concerns and they did not have the parts to repair. "Customer to return at a later date".

It wasn't completely a wasted trip to the dealer as they also worked on the windows:
SSM 50711 2021-2022 Bronco - Window Rattle When Driving Over Bumps
SSM 50477 2021-2022 Bronco - Short Drop Window Feature - Contact With Weather Strip When Opening

Sponsored

indio22

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'72 Rover, '85 CJ7, '98 TJ, '14 BRZ, '23 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
What is the "recommended magic phrase"? I have called the Ford hotline and my dealer multiple times and always get told "we don't see anything, call the other guys"
Here is what I was told by a forum member, and it worked for me:

Call 800 392-3673 and say "Bronco Price Protection Certificate" to the automated answering system. Then a live person will check several items of info you provide: email, address, phone#, etc. Then you will be given the cert# on file for you, along with potential dollar amount tied to it.

So for me that was the "magic phrase", lol.

Here is my hunch, for why some folks are having an issue. I wonder if somehow their dealers did not place an order early on or at least file the order in a certain way or category, and so the order never was classified in a way to make it visible to the algorithm that assigns a cert#?

I3lackRose

Banned
Big Bend
Banned
Banned
First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

406 confirmed YES on the poll. This is getting out of control very quickly! I drove mine all around yesterday. Beautiful 55-60*f day. Noise never went away. It was present on our 70*f day in Cleveland previous week. It's all the time now. Louder than ever. 3100 miles been going on since 200.

dingle87

Black Diamond
First Name
Reese
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Explorer XLT
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Here is what I was told by a forum member, and it worked for me:

Call 800 392-3673 and say "Bronco Price Protection Certificate" to the automated answering system. Then a live person will check several items of info you provide: email, address, phone#, etc. Then you will be given the cert# on file for you, along with potential dollar amount tied to it.

So for me that was the "magic phrase", lol.

Here is my hunch, for why some folks are having an issue. I wonder if somehow their dealers did not place an order early on or at least file the order in a certain way or category, and so the order never was classified in a way to make it visible to the algorithm that assigns a cert#?
Also, ensure they have the correct address from when you placed your original reservation/order. Any inconsistency could be an issue. Name? Email? Address?

I think this is going to come down to if the dealer COVP'd the order properly way back when and that information matches what Ford has on file with the reservation/order. It shouldn't be this hard, but it is. I'm not sure why they simply don't keep the reservation/order number consistent, that way all the other info doesn't matter. The rebate/Price Protection/Private Offer or whatever language they want to use, is tied to the reservation/order and not name, address, email, etc.

UTultimate

Badlands
First Name
UltimateBronco
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Volvo
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
406 confirmed YES on the poll. This is getting out of control very quickly! I drove mine all around yesterday. Beautiful 55-60*f day. Noise never went away. It was present on our 70*f day in Cleveland previous week. It's all the time now. Louder than ever. 3100 miles been going on since 200.
I'm in Charleston, SC, mine started in the winter of '22 and has never gone away, not even during the summer.

huey

Badlands
First Name
kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
VW GTI VW EOS GMC Envoy Badlands Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I had my bronco in a week ago for a leaking CV boot, rear window adjustment and the trans noise. They did not hear the noise, but they also left it inside. This winter has been unusually warm and there are not likely to be too many more cold days this year. Will stay on them but so far I am getting nowhere

Sponsored

I3lackRose

Banned
Big Bend
Banned
Banned
First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

I'm in Charleston, SC, mine started in the winter of '22 and has never gone away, not even during the summer.
It's ashame b
I had my bronco in a week ago for a leaking CV boot, rear window adjustment and the trans noise. They did not hear the noise, but they also left it inside. This winter has been unusually warm and there are not likely to be too many more cold days this year. Will stay on them but so far I am getting nowhere
I've been able to produce it just rolling in 1st or 2nd super slow. Pressing in the clutch while moving also will produce it as it spins down. The noise gets worse over time so personally I feel at some point temp probably won't matter as much in relation to when the noise is heard. Drove mine on our 70* day up here in Cleveland and noise never went away even after 5hrs of long range driving

bobogto

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
M5
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
I have another idea...

What are the chances the dealer lets me keep the old transmission if they replace it? Because chances are we are not going to get any confirmation or answer from Ford or Getrag about the issue. My idea is to replace mine, which would probably have the same issue, but I just want the old one to take a part. I'll discuss with my mechanic and post pictures here so we can possibly find what the issue is and what's causing the noise. If it will cause long term damage or it might be just for nothing. That way we can see if we can get a remedy ourselves.
I'm willing to pay for a CORE if I have to. As long as I get my hands on it.

Or if anyone in the Chicago area has this issue and their transmission is being replaced ask if you can get the old one. Again, I'm willing to pay a reasonable CORE charge for it.

Mortonm

Black Diamond
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco Black Diamond
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I have another idea...

What are the chances the dealer lets me keep the old transmission if they replace it? Because chances are we are not going to get any confirmation or answer from Ford or Getrag about the issue. My idea is to replace mine, which would probably have the same issue, but I just want the old one to take a part. I'll discuss with my mechanic and post pictures here so we can possibly find what the issue is and what's causing the noise. If it will cause long term damage or it might be just for nothing. That way we can see if we can get a remedy ourselves.

Or if anyone in the Chicago area has this issue and their transmission is being replaced ask if you can get the old one. Again, I'm willing to pay a reasonable CORE charge for it.
Chances are 0

Bmadda

Badlands
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1990 Bronco eddie bauer
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I have another idea...

Warranty parts don't work like that. There is no "core charge". The old one will sit in the parts dept till Ford sends them the list of warranty parts they want back. If the dealer can't produce the part that's on the claim, it will get backcharged. Your only hope would be to get your parts managers phone # and check if it gets called back (which a major part like a trans almost certainly will). If the vehicle is under 1 year in service, the trans will come through the hotline/exchange, and not through parts, in which case 100% get returned

bobogto

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
M5
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Warranty parts don't work like that. There is no "core charge". The old one will sit in the parts dept till Ford sends them the list of warranty parts they want back. If the dealer can't produce the part that's on the claim, it will get backcharged. Your only hope would be to get your parts managers phone # and check if it gets called back (which a major part like a trans almost certainly will). If the vehicle is under 1 year in service, the trans will come through the hotline/exchange, and not through parts, in which case 100% get returned
Will the "backcharge" be the amount for the new transmission?
Sponsored