First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Fiesta ST
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
That's what I was afraid of, bigger tires don't mean much if your travel has been impaired by them, thus the bump stops.

And to get the bigger clearance and travel you're going to need weird CV angles, so I'm guessing they cut down travel as the easiest solution.

The extra High Clearance lift has been floating around, I assume they'd take out the bump stops... or I could do it. Figures that they didn't completely take the headache out of lifting...
Less than 1/2 inch (10 mm) less travel with squatch compared to nonsquatched badlands. So I don’t think it’s a big deal.
Sponsored

DC9atnight

Black Diamond
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota Tacoma
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Question. Is the 2dr painted modular hard top available for Base? If answer is No, what stops you from ordering it from Ford Parts?

Mopar2Bronco2021

Base
First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Dodge Charger RT 5.7L
Your Bronco Model
Base
Question. Is the 2dr painted modular hard top available for Base? If answer is No, what stops you from ordering it from Ford Parts?
I don’t think anything would stop you from ordering it from Ford parts but it could be on back order. I know it’s common for Mopar parts, that’s for sure. I was put on an 8 month wait list for the Mopar performance suspension once.

DC9atnight

Black Diamond
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota Tacoma
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I don’t think anything would stop you from ordering it from Ford parts but it could be on back order. I know it’s common for Mopar parts, that’s for sure. I was put on an 8 month wait list for the Mopar performance suspension once.
Thanks. My follow up is that all Ford has to do is paint the damn thing the matching body color Oxford White and make every two door Bronco owner shell out an additional $1,900.00 as an accessory or “replacement part” that wants a white hard top. Seems like easy money for Ford and suckers like me would pay it and they could even back order it for another year if they wanted and it wouldn’t affect the assembly line or delivery dates because you would still have your lovely plastic grey one until the white arrived.

Mopar2Bronco2021

Base
First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Dodge Charger RT 5.7L
Your Bronco Model
Base
Thanks. My follow up is that all Ford has to do is paint the damn thing the matching body color Oxford White and make every two door Bronco owner shell out an additional $1,900.00 as an accessory or “replacement part” that wants a white hard top. Seems like easy money for Ford and suckers like me would pay it and they could even back order it for another year if they wanted and it wouldn’t affect the assembly line or delivery dates because you would still have your lovely plastic grey one until the white arrived.
I agree. I think they’ll end up offering it if possible manufacturing wise. At least by the 2022 model year anyway. Like you said, people WILL pay for the white top. It’s a miss by Ford. I also think they underestimated the demand for the Bronco in general.

Sponsored

WoolyBugger

Base
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Ridgeline / 2dr. Base 7 spd. EG
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I must not be reading it right. I punch in the numbers at tirerack and 255 is 7.8". That's for tread, I wonder if 10" is sidewall to sidewall?
255 is the tread width from shoulder to shoulder, 255 mm = 10". Hope this helps.

Lanman12

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Swede
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Is anyone else mad they are only offering the rear locker with sasquatch? This should be an option for all trims without sasquatch.

Inventor

Banned
Base
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Base
Base factory tires are downright anemic sitting next to the other trims, and I know that's on purpose. The Sasquatch tires are too big for DD.
But I'm going base/manual and now need to figure out Sasquatch since they added that to the mix. I've been reading threads, but I still don't know yet. And it's not like anyone has one yet and tried modifying yet to tell us. Need more info. It's a lot of money to end up with something you don't want

Things are a lot easier when someone has already tried it:ROFLMAO::unsure:
The base plus Sasquatch gives you the rear end gearing and Bilstein shocks ,suspension . Im sure the bead lock wheels are useful but I really like the look of the Black Diamond steelies. I might buy after market wheels and either put the 35s on or move to 33s. I noticed the black Badlands we see in all the videos are on 33s. I know you have more power but less clearance.

Screen Shot 2020-10-09 at 9.38.29 PM.png

kodiakisland

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
12 Tacoma, 18 Indian, 23 GV70
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

To me, the base squatch is worth it if you plan on off-roading. Gears, axles, lockers, suspension cheaper than the basic BD. A base,2dr mansquatch looks like a whole lot of vehicle for the money. Add the aux switches and then upgrade other things through aftermarket as needed.

Inventor

Banned
Base
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Base
To me, the base squatch is worth it if you plan on off-roading. Gears, axles, lockers, suspension cheaper than the basic BD. A base,2dr mansquatch looks like a whole lot of vehicle for the money. Add the aux switches and then upgrade other things through aftermarket as needed.
I found the Aux switches option on the f-150 listed at only $165.

Sponsored

NCOBX

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
H2 Hummer, Holden Commodore
Your Bronco Model
Base
Only thing missing is no factory tow hitch/wiring on base.

Austin26

Base
First Name
Austin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Subaru Crosstrek
Your Bronco Model
Base
Is anyone else mad they are only offering the rear locker with sasquatch? This should be an option for all trims without sasquatch.
I noticed that too. I'd started to settle on getting only a rear locker as an upgrade but found it to be unavailable on the base model.

I also just found out we're limited on colors but after seeking out and getting a bright crazy color for my current car and not loving it so much anymore, I'm okay with getting white or such!

kodiakisland

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

kodiakisland

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I hope that’s at least a junction box for the wiring because I passionately hate cutting into factory wiring.
You haven’t had to cut into wiring in a long time, although some do to save $10. Most of the add on harnesses plug into the blinker/taillight harness.
Sponsored