IdaNeck

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GX460, Mustang GT
Your Bronco Model
Base
My issue is that I want the Sasquatch everything(lockers n suspension), but don't want the wide wheels and tires that come with it. And I don't know if the Sasquatch is going to lift it too much, that putting on a 33 will make it look like the tires are too small
I bet you’d have no problem selling the wheel and tire combo. Look on your local Craigslist at F150 and Raptor wheels and tires. Cheaper to buy take-offs than buy new tires.
Sponsored

Lifeliberty

Base
First Name
Moonbeam👀
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
93CBR900RR, (prior)88 Bronco Manual 4.9L str 6
Your Bronco Model
Base
I bet you’d have no problem selling the wheel and tire combo. Look on your local Craigslist at F150 and Raptor wheels and tires. Cheaper to buy take-offs than buy new tires.
Yeah, but I don't want to go through all that if it looks terrible in the end.
Choices are to stick with base and get bigger tires, or go Sasquatch and get smaller tires.
Once you choose an option there isn't any going back

IdaNeck

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GX460, Mustang GT
Your Bronco Model
Base
Yeah, but I don't want to go through all that if it looks terrible in the end.
Choices are to stick with base and get bigger tires, or go Sasquatch and get smaller tires.
Once you choose an option there isn't any going back
I must have misunderstood your previous post. I do wonder how hard it’ll be to recalibrate the speedometer for different tire sizes. I too prefer tall and skinny... that’s what we run on the GX in winter (also studded- it’s unstoppable).

Incognito

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 jk
Your Bronco Model
Base
The Badlands runs on 33" Does that have a "Factory Lift" installed to allow the 33's. I thought it was when you got to Sasquatch or Wildtrack (sassed) that's when the suspension gets bigger?
From what Ford said at the East meet, the Base, BB, BD OBX and WT all use the same suspension.
Ford just juggles spring weights to get the correct ride height going from a stripped 2D to a fully loaded 4D BD.

Shocks will get stiffer as the total rolling weight and tire diameter goes up.

This exactly how it's been done for the F150.
A basic 2D short bed F150 with the tiny tires will have weaker shocks and springs, and a lower ride height than a 4d Platinum long bed running on big rims and tires.
Ride quality would be crap if they didn't.

Builtdadbodtough

Big Bend
First Name
Dad
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.wtf.com
Vehicle(s)
Mazda
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Starting to come around on a base. Price is right and Ford has supremely annoyed me with some of the things about the various trim levels (hello no cyber Orange til BD) buuuuuuuuuuut will totally depend on if/what options are offered a la carte.

Sponsored

Lifeliberty

Base
First Name
Moonbeam👀
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
93CBR900RR, (prior)88 Bronco Manual 4.9L str 6
Your Bronco Model
Base
Base factory tires are downright anemic sitting next to the other trims, and I know that's on purpose. The Sasquatch tires are too big for DD.
But I'm going base/manual and now need to figure out Sasquatch since they added that to the mix. I've been reading threads, but I still don't know yet. And it's not like anyone has one yet and tried modifying yet to tell us. Need more info. It's a lot of money to end up with something you don't want

Things are a lot easier when someone has already tried it:ROFLMAO::unsure:

dejones64

Black Diamond
First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco 2-dr Black Diamond
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

255 should be around 10.1" wide. 265 are around 10.5".
I must not be reading it right. I punch in the numbers at tirerack and 255 is 7.8". That's for tread, I wonder if 10" is sidewall to sidewall?

LandCruiser

Base
First Name
Bocephias
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Anyone have a guesstimate on the Sasquatch price?

Looking at a base 2-door with that as the only option.

Will there be an option for a LT suspension ON TOP OF the Squatch? At least with the parameters of the IFS, CV axles, and ASB?

Most of the preproduction models running around don't seem to have a lot of space for those big ass wheels and tires--but I'm sure Ford's crack engineers already must have determined it's not going to rub when stuffed.

Last edited:

DonM

Base
First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 4DR Base Sasquatch 2.3 in VB
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Sponsored

DonM

Base
First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 4DR Base Sasquatch 2.3 in VB
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Anyone have a guesstimate on the Sasquatch price?

Looking at a base 2-door with that as the only option.

Will there be an option for a LT suspension ON TOP OF the Squatch? At least with the parameters of the IFS, CV axles, and ASB?

Most of the preproduction models running around don't seem to have a lot of space for those big ass wheels and tires--but I'm sure Ford's crack engineers already must have determined it's not going to rub when stuffed.
Current guesstimates have this as potentially possible:

Base-Outer Banks - max w/no lift 32"ish.

Badlands - per Overlander package assuming not Squatched is 35" with what appears to be very limited travel.

Anything Squatched easily 35".

There appears to be an additional lift package (2")(unsure) that will be available as a dealer install option, but unclear if you need Sasquatch first or if it can go on any suspension?

Squatched vehicles also appear to have the upwards wheel travel limited by a longer bump stop, most likely to limit rubbing at full compression.

I second the $5k amount. It was floated in a survey by Ford. I hope it comes down a touch. Still seems like a good deal for the price especially with dealer support of it.

dejones64

Black Diamond
First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco 2-dr Black Diamond
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Here is the link I use ; https://tiresize.com/calculator/

That 7.8" is probably sidewall height!?
Thanks. Tirerack has a column labeled 'tread width'. I like your link better.

Edit: looking at the measurement pics on your link, it looks like they measure the full width of the tire, not just the tread. That helps in interpreting.

LandCruiser

Base
First Name
Bocephias
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Squatched vehicles also appear to have the upwards wheel travel limited by a longer bump stop, most likely to limit rubbing at full compression.
That's what I was afraid of, bigger tires don't mean much if your travel has been impaired by them, thus the bump stops.

And to get the bigger clearance and travel you're going to need weird CV angles, so I'm guessing they cut down travel as the easiest solution.

The extra High Clearance lift has been floating around, I assume they'd take out the bump stops... or I could do it. Figures that they didn't completely take the headache out of lifting...

RBF 1401

Base
First Name
Tricia
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
98 Avalon, 95 Dakota
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

DIY hand paint won't be bad. My hope is someone makes laser cut vinyl decals to stick over the lettering and just slap that on. Easier, cleaner than painting
The ones I've bought for the motorcycle are nice. But cycle doesn't see bad weather.
I've also thought about buying a factory paint pen from Ford, Oxford White or velocity blue and using that.
Ford Bronco Base Model Bronco Thread 20201004_172446
These were some kind of laser-cut decals my not-so-little kid put on his 70 EB. I'm sure there will be ones available for the new Bronco.

kodiakisland

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
12 Tacoma, 18 Indian, 23 GV70
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I’m guessing the front is the issue during turning. Hate to Squatch just to add 33”s.

I'm squatching for the gears and the front axle/locker. I prefer 285/75/17s to the 315/70/17s and will eventually switch out.

If this special squatch bump stop actually exists, I'll remove it. So far, I don't think it's ever been confirmed or seen on the rolling frame or chassis. Anyone got pictures of it at any of these events?
Sponsored