Sponsored

Anyone else buying a Bronco because.... IT'S NOT A JEEP?

khatch

Wildtrak
First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford F150
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Maybe I'm over thinking the question but I read into it that you like some of the things a Jeep is (off roading capabilities, removable doors and roof) but Jeeps have the negatives you mentioned that the Bronco does not.

So to answer your question... yes, sort of.

I've ridden trails in my in law's jeep and it's pretty fun. It was gifted to my son and then passed on to my daughter so it's kind of our Jeep now. I enjoy driving it but it has had so many mechanical issues and it bounces around on the highway and feels kind of cheap inside. I wouldn't mind having one if it were newer (for reliability), nicer and not so pricey.

But I've driven F150s for most of my adult life so I'm comfortable with Fords and the Bronco hits all the marks for me. The MGV, wash out floors, IFS, modular features, plenty of off road capability, removable doors/roof, less common on the road (currently), and a Ford.
Sponsored

UNBROKN

Black Diamond
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
04 F-350 CC dually, 97 Infiniti QX4, 21 Bronco BD
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I have been a die hard Jeep guy my whole life... and then I saw the new Bronco and fell in love. I always liked the original, loved the Gen 2 Broncos, and the gen 5's came next. I could get any Jeep I want as well but have decided to go with the Bronco for lots of reasons. Glad I ordered a Bronco because the last straw with Jeep was drunk Bruce S. The end of the super Bowl commercial really pissed me off, "The Reunited States of America". COME ON!!

OP
OP

3Dogs

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Escape, 2000 F150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I have owned 3 first generation and 1 second generation Bronco's and currently driving an FJ. I like the Wrangler but I'm weary of Chrysler products or Fiat or Stellantis, whatever they are now. The roads here are saturated with Wrangler's so that is another reason.
I am both weary and wary of FCA products!

Bronco4lyfe85

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Challenger Scat Pack
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
No, if I had my choice I would have bought the Jeep already and not had to go through this but my wife wants the Bronco.

Navy94

Wildtrak
First Name
Craig
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Grand Cherokee Overland
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
My first car I ever purchased was a 93 Bronco, two-toned blue with white stripe. I loved that car. Put a 3 inch lift on it. After 10 years, engine gave out. Would have bought another one but stopped production. Now that they are back and my Jeep Grand Cherokee is probably on its last legs, getting another Bronco. Nostalgia probably and it looks awesome. Drove a Wrangler as a loaner and felt like I was in a coffin. I am 6’2”. I am ready to go back to my Bronco.

Sponsored

mrjerry469

Black Diamond
First Name
JERRY
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BLACK DIAMOND
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Getting a Bronco bc it's bad ass. My friends that belong to a Jeep club say that the new lower/mid range Jeeps have lost it to the beautiful young lady leasing group lol. Years back I had a 91 Cherokee Sport loved it did mostly beach and sand driving. Can't wait for my new BD.

Dads_bronze_bronco

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
08 JKUR / x_x 00 TJ x_x
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

I am not in your camp.

I have 12-1/2 years and 156K miles of happy modding and adventuring on my JKUR. It represents to my sons what my dad's Bronco represented to me—family adventures—and I wouldn't trade that for the world.

Rather than buying a Bronco because it is not a Jeep, I am buying a Bronco because IT IS A BRONCO.

BR0NCO

Raptor
First Name
Randy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Audi
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
My wife and I each have a Wranglers and we love them. Mine is built up so is not a great daily driver. I considered getting another and keeping it stock but the Bronco was announced and is seems superior to the Wrangler for what I will be using it for. If I was smart I would have got a truck but the Bronco looks so awesome

TJconvert2.7

Banned
Base
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
I had a 00, 03 and 04 wrangler

they were okay, but the market is absurd.

im Happy there is an alternative now

interesting how quickly Jeep made some adjustments to add content to the lower trims...proves competition is good, but also that Jeep could have done more this whole time

onetong8r

Base
First Name
Adrian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F250, VW Beetle, Jeep TJ, Bronco Sport
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I love Jeeps and have had several over the years. I still have a TJ that my daughter has started driving. My last real Jeep was a JK with D60's and 38's. I hope the Bronco crowd doesn't get like this too fast, but I got to where hated going to any Jeep events or even getting stuck at a gas station next to another Jeep owner because it was always people standing talking about their new angry eyes grilles and Rubicon Express 2" lift and praising snorkles on vehicles that never left the pavement. I live in Florida and it's also becoming much more difficult to find places to off road. I wasn't impressed with the power of the JK and overall quality. With all that I sold the JK almost 8 years ago and have been happy in my F250. I was thinking about getting a new Rubicon last year and my wife actually got me interested in the Bronco after seeing it online somewhere. I am a late reservation (11/20). I am pretty excited to have something made by Ford that hopefully is a good all-around vehicle I can daily drive and still ride with daughters in the woods. I love that Ford is letting us basically get a Rubicon without all the required bells and whistles. My Basemansquatch will be under $40k which is way under the Rubicon build I was originally looking at. The wife just got a Bronco Sport and overall we've been pretty impressed with it. My last knock on Jeep: The Bruce Springsteen re-center America commercial was an embarrassment for the brand. Maybe they should have used that money to work on correcting their JL steering issues.

Sponsored

Portapot

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Cj7, RX350, f250,
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Kind of...I have owned a 1984 CJ7 for over 25 years that I rebuilt and put a MPI head on. It runs great and starts up every spring without issue. For ten years you rarely saw other jeeps on the road and then they became like assholes, everyone has one. With the CJ I felt somewhat different and old school....could not bring myself to buy one of the newer jeeps because they were just too common, even though they seem like great enjoyable vehicles. My first car was a Bronco II so yes I was waiting for a drop top SUV that was something other than a Jeep, if I am being honest. But I will not get rid of my CJ7. I hope I am making sense. I'm a weird dude. ;o)

Coldsmoke

Badlands
First Name
Knuckles
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford F150 Lariat
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I could buy any vehicle I want. I've looked at Jeeps, but I think they are ugly, and they are absolutely ubiquitous out here - at any stop light, if I look around there will be at least 3 Jeeps.

And, I'm kind of a "Ford guy," event though I've owned other brands.

I want something that's just a little less run-of-the-mill.
Yep... Jeep... Been there, done that.

Seacat

Wildtrak
First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Wildtrak, 2014 VW Touareg TDI R-Line
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Owned a 70's Bronco in the 80's, currently own my 3rd Jeep. I love jeeps for what they can do off the road, hate to drive them on the road. Bying a new Bronco for the best of both worlds.

BEM-S4

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMWs & Porsches
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Yes and no. Jeeps annoy me. That said I am not a longstanding Bronco lover, thought they were cool when I was a kid then never gave them another thought. I just need a tank to drive in bad weather, new with a warranty. Would look at FJ if they had one, 4Runner bores me, Defender maintenance scares me. G-Wagon way too much money. I need something nice but not so nice that my OCD takes over and it becomes another thing I won't drive in bad weather or park anywhere.

Bronco looks great, satisfies all the basic needs, will be a nice addition to the stable.

Jackattack

Badlands
First Name
Jarmon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bullsh
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I'm in somewhat the same boat. Not an OG bronco enthusiest as they are before my time. Im 28 I have a 3 year old and I need a toy to occupy me! I have always wanted a wrangler but have heard terrible things about reliability, leaking, ride quality, and I think their interiors are severely outdated and not simetrical, i.e. ugly.... this is my dream vehicle because of its modularity, capability, and potential ride quality and reliability (compared to jeep). Im pretty much getting it because it's not a jeep but at the same time, it's better than one too! Haha
Sponsored