mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2500hd
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Here is our update and outlook on the 2023 model year for all of our existing Bronco reservation holders.

Where we've been: We received a larger piece of the pie for the 2021 model year Broncos and with the allocation changes for 2022, our share of the overall Bronco production was cut significantly. We'll deliver 9 less broncos over the 2022 model year than in 2021 because of these changes.

2021 Model Year Bronco Deliveries - 164
2022 Model Year Bronco Deliveries - 105
Current Broncos with VINS - 50

2023 Bronco Allocation - as posted here, the 2023 Bronco allocation is based on 2 factors, neither of which is the amount of outstanding orders/reservations that the dealership holds.

1 - 50% of it is the share of nation sales for the last 3 yers (this number has gone up for us, but the 3 year average makes it very hard to move).

2 - 50% is based upon the share of nation sales for 2022 model year for Bronco and Bronco Sport. I detailed the decrease in the share of nation sales on Bronco above, but our aggressive discounting on the Bronco sport greatly increased our Bronco Sport sales going from 18 in 2021 model year to 64 in 2022 model year.

Our first month of allocation was 15 Broncos. I was hopefull that the Bronco COVP process would have been a part of the allocation formula, but since Ford made the decision to omit that factor. I would anticipate that 15 number being our typical monthly allocation. I would estimate 150-200 Broncos as our total 2023 allocation. This will put us well short of the 828 outstanding reservations that our dealership currently has.

What does this mean for our reservation holders? I'm still certain that the bronco orders won't be picked up in exact numerical order. Commodity restrictions will determine which Broncos get scheduled. Like in 2021 and 2022, we had some October reservations that were very 'commodity friendly' (think Big Bend, soft top) that got scheduled well before earlier reservations. I would not anticipate there being a very good chance of a reservation being scheduled if you are in the later 60-70% of our reservation holders.

Where do I stand in line? You can check the attached 2023 Bronco PDF and search your reservation number to find the applicable place in line.

How will price protection work for 2023 MY? With the change from one model year to another, Ford has typically applied a direct offer to the customer vehcile as a rebate. This is all the information we have below:
Price Protection.JPG

Will I have price protection for 2024? I believe Ford has stated previously that 2023 is the final year for price protection. This is not something we control, but a Ford corporate decision.

Will you continue to honor your discount? Yes, if you are a reservation holder with us, regardless of when the vehicle is fulfilled (2028 MY Bronco), we will honor our price protection discount on a non-allocation limited trim (ex. no heritage limited, or Bronco Raptor). We feel like its the least we can do for our customers and that discount will be honored at $1000 under invoice or $2000 under invoice depending on when the reservation was placed.

When will I be contacted about my order? We will have our staff prioritize the customers who have the longest held reservations and run through the list. If you'd like to send a Build & Price from Ford's website to [email protected] we can update that for you. We will process all of these orders by the November deadline.

What if I want to cancel my reservation? We certainly understand and can refund back your deposit of $100.

We are still offering 4% under invoice on Jeep Wranglers for anyone that would like to make the switch. You can email [email protected] with a build and price to get started.

This is certainly not what we had envisioned when we initially took reservations and we will do our best to hold up our end of the bargain.

Zach
My number is not on the list. placed on 5/21.
Sponsored

frostyjake

Base
First Name
Jacob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2009 Ford Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Base
Thanks @Zach@Granger for all your hard work and transparency. I'll be buying something from Granger in the future - it just might not be a Bronco.

I'm a late Grangetober reservation holder (535 on the list). I'm frustrated by the way Ford has handled this, just like everyone else.

What I really want is a 2-door base Sasquatch. I feel like that's not going to happen for me in 2023, unless something changes dramatically.

Is it worthwhile to switch to a 2-door Big Bend with rear locker to increase my chances?

I know Sasquatch is a constraint, but I've also heard there aren't too many 2-doors being made, so it might not matter.

dingle87

Black Diamond
First Name
Reese
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Explorer XLT
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

BigDaddySquatch

Base
First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Toyota Tacoma TRD Sport
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Thanks @Zach@Granger for all your hard work and transparency. I'll be buying something from Granger in the future - it just might not be a Bronco.

I'm a late Grangetober reservation holder (535 on the list). I'm frustrated by the way Ford has handled this, just like everyone else.

What I really want is a 2-door base Sasquatch. I feel like that's not going to happen for me in 2023, unless something changes dramatically.

Is it worthwhile to switch to a 2-door Big Bend with rear locker to increase my chances?

I know Sasquatch is a constraint, but I've also heard there aren't too many 2-doors being made, so it might not matter.
Yeah, I would guess the hardtop is just as big of a constraint as the Sas package, if not worse.

scotts418

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler 392
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Yeah, for now at least. But going forward, Bronco won't be the new kid in town, Ford will burn through the "must have it" folks and those odd people buying multiples of the same vehicle. And some other people will have an epiphany, when image conflicts with reality of the vehicle and usage. Plus new interesting vehicles will show up, and tech changes are coming.

As a late orderer who would like a Bronco (but am actually more interested now in getting a new Nissan Z), I don't have much of a dog in this fight. But if I legit reserved in the first week, was led to believe by Ford the fulfillment would occur by reservation timestamp ... and then sat around two years watching big spenders and other people get their hands on sometimes 3 or even 4 Broncos in one household ... to say I'd not be happy would be an understatement, lol.

I'd be like the grocery store customer who gets poorly treated, and takes a lifetime of future business to some other store (vehicle maker). Ford should think about that, and should have thought about it when they implemented the early reservation (marketing scheme) that was never going to work out like it was first represented.

Anyway, the situation bites all around, because Ford actually created a legit body on frame rugged open top 4x4, kudos to Ford for doing that in this day and age of pretend and image. But then trying to deliver ... it fell apart for too many potential customers.
well written post. As a Stephens reservation holder and a July 18, 2020 reservation date with basically no hope to get my order filled in 2023 and then lose price protection for 2024, I will certainly never trust ford again on their communicated plans.

so many simple things could have been done to alleviate frustrations (like give raptor and limited heritage orders based on reservation time stamp) or even provide those customers with 2+ year waits an opportunity and the option to switch and support local dealers to increase their likelihood of order fulfillment. But, the bronco is unique and we continue to hold out hope.

for those who don’t need a new car, it’s easy to call the $100 a sunk cost and be patient. But I would hope those same people keep an open mind to other vehicle options and remember how badly ford screwed the early reservation holders.

Sponsored

frostyjake

Base
First Name
Jacob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2009 Ford Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Base
Yeah, I would guess the hardtop is just as big of a constraint as the Sas package, if not worse.
That's especially frustrating because I would actually prefer a soft top, but two years after launch it's still not an option for 2-doors. Another way Ford has completely bungled the reintroduction of the Bronco.

MikeinTN

Wildtrak
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 F150
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Here is our update and outlook on the 2023 model year for all of our existing Bronco reservation holders.

Where we've been: We received a larger piece of the pie for the 2021 model year Broncos and with the allocation changes for 2022, our share of the overall Bronco production was cut significantly. We'll deliver 9 less broncos over the 2022 model year than in 2021 because of these changes.

2023 Bronco Allocation - as posted here, the 2023 Bronco allocation is based on 2 factors, neither of which is the amount of outstanding orders/reservations that the dealership holds.

1 - 50% of it is the share of nation sales for the last 3 yers (this number has gone up for us, but the 3 year average makes it very hard to move).

2 - 50% is based upon the share of nation sales for 2022 model year for Bronco and Bronco Sport. I detailed the decrease in the share of nation sales on Bronco above, but our aggressive discounting on the Bronco sport greatly increased our Bronco Sport sales going from 18 in 2021 model year to 64 in 2022 model year.

Our first month of allocation was 15 Broncos. I was hopefull that the Bronco COVP process would have been a part of the allocation formula, but since Ford made the decision to omit that factor. I would anticipate that 15 number being our typical monthly allocation. I would estimate 150-200 Broncos as our total 2023 allocation. This will put us well short of the 828 outstanding reservations that our dealership currently has.

What does this mean for our reservation holders? I'm still certain that the bronco orders won't be picked up in exact numerical order. Commodity restrictions will determine which Broncos get scheduled. Like in 2021 and 2022, we had some October reservations that were very 'commodity friendly' (think Big Bend, soft top) that got scheduled well before earlier reservations. I would not anticipate there being a very good chance of a reservation being scheduled if you are in the later 60-70% of our reservation holders.

Where do I stand in line? You can check the attached 2023 Bronco PDF and search your reservation number to find the applicable place in line.

How will price protection work for 2023 MY? With the change from one model year to another, Ford has typically applied a direct offer to the customer vehcile as a rebate. This is all the information we have below:
Price Protection.JPG

Will I have price protection for 2024? I believe Ford has stated previously that 2023 is the final year for price protection. This is not something we control, but a Ford corporate decision.

Will you continue to honor your discount? Yes, if you are a reservation holder with us, regardless of when the vehicle is fulfilled (2028 MY Bronco), we will honor our price protection discount on a non-allocation limited trim (ex. no heritage limited, or Bronco Raptor). We feel like its the least we can do for our customers and that discount will be honored at $1000 under invoice or $2000 under invoice depending on when the reservation was placed.

When will I be contacted about my order? We will have our staff prioritize the customers who have the longest held reservations and run through the list. If you'd like to send a Build & Price from Ford's website to [email protected] we can update that for you. We will process all of these orders by the November deadline.

What if I want to cancel my reservation? We certainly understand and can refund back your deposit of $100.

We are still offering 4% under invoice on Jeep Wranglers for anyone that would like to make the switch. You can email [email protected] with a build and price to get started.

This is certainly not what we had envisioned when we initially took reservations and we will do our best to hold up our end of the bargain.

Zach
At this rate I guess I can give my grandchild their first new car..... 13 years from now!

Slyder

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 KTM 1290R
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Zach, has there been any indication, from your team members handling and converting our orders, as to how many have opted to go or change to the Standard Heritage so far?

I'm still waiting to be contacted, but it would be kind of a nice thing to know for those of us not contacted yet and considering it.

Even with all the not-so-great stuff (which varies from person to person) associated with it I have this sinking feeling it's going to have a fairly large amount of people, nation wide who're early res, 99'd, or still not built, choosing it for one reason or another (mod top, manual trans, grill style, squared wheel openings).

I dropped roughly 100 spots on the list after the 99'd folks were added in and now sitting roughly in the lower 270's. The standard Heritage has enough things going for it, that I like/don't mind, but I honestly don't expect to move up to anything higher than the 230 range once the dust settles in Nov.

Now figure in that the standard Heritage is late availability and it more than likely will have a higher conversion/demand than Ford expects, and my place and estimated place in line come November and the possible fact if I did go standard Heritage. My choice would essentially cement me into the 'Not built in 2023 club'.

I have other builds saved to submit and try to play the allocation-parts constraint-Ford hates 2Dr's game.
If your crew is seeing a decent amount of people converting to standard Heritage, could it be possible for them to give us a note/heads up in the contact email?

bveselka

Outer Banks
First Name
Beth
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 F250 Super Duty
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks

Price Protection.JPG

Zach
Wow! I wish all dealerships would be more forthcoming. So many reservation holders are basically left in the dark, or told “we just don’t know”. If you know, then they all know.

indio22

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'72 Rover, '85 CJ7, '98 TJ, '14 BRZ, '23 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
That's especially frustrating because I would actually prefer a soft top, but two years after launch it's still not an option for 2-doors. Another way Ford has completely bungled the reintroduction of the Bronco.
Has there every been a good explanation from Ford, for why they don't offer a 2-door with soft top only? Agreed it's frustrating and could have potentially freed up a lot of 2-doors for sale, by getting around the hardtop constraint.

Sponsored

flip

Badlands
Base Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.ruxerparts.com
Vehicle(s)
Fords
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Has there every been a good explanation from Ford, for why they don't offer a 2-door with soft top only? Agreed it's frustrating and could have potentially freed up a lot of 2-doors for sale, by getting around the hardtop constraint.
Looking at our orders and what's been built, 2D is just cursed, period. Remember the excuse last year of floor sections being damaged in transit to the plant? No idea what the issue is now unless it's top, doors, frame, glass, drive shafts, or interior. I've yet to hear so much of a peep from anyone in the company outside of the "commodity constraint" excuse. Some guys have better sources for inside info, I'm not one of them.

mpeugeot

Outer Banks
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
97 Ferrari F355, 11 Ford F-150, 21 OBX 2D
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Looking at our orders and what's been built, 2D is just cursed, period. Remember the excuse last year of floor sections being damaged in transit to the plant? No idea what the issue is now unless it's top, doors, frame, glass, drive shafts, or interior. I've yet to hear so much of a peep from anyone in the company outside of the "commodity constraint" excuse. Some guys have better sources for inside info, I'm not one of them.
You keep making me feel lucky to have gotten what I managed to get last year.

wannabronco

Base
First Name
Shawn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tundra, Tacoma, Camaro
Your Bronco Model
Base
https://www.ford.com/support/how-to...onco-order-holder-frequently-asked-questions/

Yep. Here is the link to the updated guidance. Take it as you will, but Ford most definitely has published MY2023 price protection information. However muddy it might be, it still exists. Follow the link and simply click "MY 2023 Price Protection".
Ford will continue to honor MSRP pricing based on when a customer’s reservation or order was placed for similarly equipped vehicles. Previously announced price protection amounts for eligible customers are still valid, and price protection will also be provided for 2023 MY price increases. In the coming weeks, Ford will provide dealers with the 2023 MY price protection amounts for each eligible customer.

dingle87

Black Diamond
First Name
Reese
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Explorer XLT
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Ford will continue to honor MSRP pricing based on when a customer’s reservation or order was placed for similarly equipped vehicles. Previously announced price protection amounts for eligible customers are still valid, and price protection will also be provided for 2023 MY price increases. In the coming weeks, Ford will provide dealers with the 2023 MY price protection amounts for each eligible customer.
Correct. They put this current 2023 price protection guidance in their FAQs. They will be releasing more info like you bolded in your post. I think we all feel Ford might move the goalpost on what price protection is, if any they offer. But right now it’s muddy. No one knows anything at this moment.

wannabronco

Base
First Name
Shawn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tundra, Tacoma, Camaro
Your Bronco Model
Base
Correct. They put this current 2023 price protection guidance in their FAQs. They will be releasing more info like you bolded in your post. I think we all feel Ford might move the goalpost on what price protection is, if any they offer. But right now it’s muddy. No one knows anything at this moment.
Yeah it's a little hard to make a decision on what to order without all the facts on the table!
Sponsored