Ray
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco 2DR Badlands Sasquatch, 2021 RR Sport
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I think you're right that Ford is missing a big segment here. The Explorer Timberline isn't distinctive enough in looks or hardware to separate it from soccer mom status. Bringing the Everest to the US could be an option.
That’s exactly where I was going; the Everest!

Everest has a 4L and at least a rear locker and has the looks to compete with this with no issues and all the tech and is comfortable and quiet.

To not import the Everest would be dumb as well as trying to put the word Bronco on it like Ford did the Raptor to Bronco. Warthog was much more appropriate.

Anyway, until a final decision is made on Everest, Toyota LC will rule alone and I totally see why it will for years to come.

Everest also needs a hybrid. Not a damn V8! Really getting tired of the V8 talk by the blind faithful, that horse is dead.
Sponsored

Jdyount

Badlands
First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

You talking pure looks or usability?

Telluride is a KIA, whatever it’s actually for. But for a family that goes camping and hiking, but need soft and quiet, this LC will be very hard to beat.

In fact, I don’t think it can be beat at the new lower price.

Dad will like the boxy, mom and kids will love the tech.

Install a compressor in this thing and trials or Forest Service roads are easy.

Basically, Ford would be wise to make a bigger Bronco Sport to go head on with this thing. I feel it’s that good and Toyota knows this too and soon will everyone else.
What is different between this and a 4Runner?

Fuzion2Bronco

Base
First Name
Asher
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Base Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

The BASE model starts at mid 50,000s. I'd say Ford doesn't have to worry much.
There is a rumor that a short wheelbase - 2 door version of Landcruiser might be introduced in the future like Defender then there would be competition with Bronco and Jeep as the starting price would be much lower than mid 50K 🤷‍♂️

Joshc920

Black Diamond
First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

The 3rd row is speaking to the 6 children dad in me. Grrrr. The not removable doors and top are not. Bronco wins this round but will still need to always take the other SUV anytime we take all the kids anywhere…. Oh well, makes me like my bronco trips even more still

bumyoon

Heritage
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco Heritage Edition 4-dr manual.
Your Bronco Model
Heritage
Y’all think the new Land Cruiser is going to affect the market for Broncos?

Let’s not let our Bronco love clout us, the Land Cruiser is ultra competitive at its price range.

Super curious to hear everyone’s thoughts.
Definitely looks good and I'm sure it's going to be just as capable. But until they offer removeable roof while keeping the same price range, I wouldn't be in the market.

Sponsored

HCGxKaLiBeR

Wildtrak
First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Audi S4
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I'm not loyal to any brands. It looks cool and the stats are impressive.
While my 2 door SAS looks beefier and cooler, but I think with proper aftermarket support, the new Land Cruiser would look just as good if not better.

If I'm getting one I would pick the one with rectangular headlights. Looks mean and cyberpunky.

JTBros

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GR Corolla
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I really like it but keeping the bronco as a toy and getting an EV as my daily for next vehicle. Leaning towards Rivian as my next daily.
The Rivian seems awesome but definitely want them to shake off those new car manufacturer woes. Plus would be much more attractive around ~$65k with a little less lux. Also hate the lack of basic buttons for a lot of things.
I like it, definitely better than a 4 dr bronco. If I didn't already have a new (2022) bronco I would consider it.

Even if I wanted one, the drama of getting one is beyond my tolerance.
Granger spoiled me.
Granger was great (kinda) but I did find a bunch of non-ADM Toyota dealers in my hunting. Takes a lot of work and you have to get in line early. Only thing that may sway me from the Bronco would be if this thing had a manual and 3rd row. Maybe the new 4Runner will but I doubt it.
Now realizing the standard hybrid system robs it of a third row. The next GX (same platform) has 3 rows since it’s a non hybrid. So all those guys here thinking about the GX for wife/family and may be holding out for the GX hybrid, take note that there a good chance that the hybrid may have the same battery pack setup with no 3rd row.
No reviewer has been able to lift up the big hump in the cargo area. My guess is that’s where it’s hiding. Even if a 3rd row was there your feet would be parallel to your butt.

MannyG20

Badlands
First Name
Ted
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F-150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

The BASE model starts at mid 50,000s. I'd say Ford doesn't have to worry much.
I think if Toyota can poach a significant percentage of the customers who would buy a Badlands/Wildtrack then Ford would have a huge problem.
If the upper Price range customers base erodes away for the Bronco then the entire Bronco line will be in jeopardy

Sponsored

IROCnRoll

Badlands
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru BRZ
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Let’s not let our Bronco love clout us, the Land Cruiser is ultra competitive at its price range.

It plays somewhat in a different market. Primarily not being a convertible. And it likely competes more with the 4-door. It's interesting though. Toyota has successfully built hybrids for decades. I wish the battery didn't intrude so much into the cargo space. But I do want to check this out when we can see it in person. I do like they spell out Toyota in the grill.

Bruno

Base
First Name
Bruno
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

THIS IS A PRADO
NOT the "World Premier" - Its the NA Debut of the watered down Land Cruiser nameplate.
the 300 is a Land Cruiser, this is a Prado that looks like a 4 Runner
For $50k, I would but a 200 Series and get a real Land Cruiser

Last edited:

SeaVee

Outer Banks
First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2002 2500 Suburban, 77 Bronco, 2001 Cherokee
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Give me an Everest diesel with the 7 speed manual

prospectfour

Outer Banks
First Name
Pete
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Bronco, '18 Tiguan
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks

timhood

Badlands
First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Several
Your Bronco Model
Badlands

I like the version with the round headlights. Styling is good. Heck, for Toyota, the styling is amazing. It's the other personality in bi-polar Toyota design. The hybrid powertrain is a great idea. A lot of good specs, though I'm pretty sure it doesn't come with 17" disc brakes front and (or) rear, as the post in the link claims. :LOL:

I can't help but think this is a variation on a 4Runner, though. It sure looks a lot like an updated 4Runner on the side.

The biggest limitation is that this starts in the mid-50's. That's more than I paid for my Lux V6 Badlands. Nonetheless, I'm sure it will sell well. But more as a supplement to its platform mate, not enough to justify this as a stand-alone model. If it was priced more comparable to a Bronco, I'd certainly give it consideration. Of course, with Bronco prices rising, by the time the Land Cruiser arrives, they may be priced about the same. 😁
Sponsored