xcxv

Heritage
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Heritage
Copy pasted article on page 2. Don’t click link.

OP
OP
BrentC

BrentC

Badlands
First Name
Brent
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 F150 Sport, 2021 Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Copy pasted article on page 2. Don’t click link.
I’m embarrassed to have fallen for that ruse. I’ve fixed the first post.

Sponsored

Darforce

Black Diamond
First Name
Darlene
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru crosstrek/ Mazda miata
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Well, it seems gimmicky but the drain holes were the #1 feature for me along with the rubbery floor. I have never understood why they would put carpet in a car. You wouldn’t wear you shoes on the carpet in your house so why put it in a car where you wear shoes all the time. And if you live in the north where salt is used 6 months out of the year on roads. It looks like hot garbage shortly after you buy it and even with all weather mats the salt spills over. Brilliant move on Fords part and hopefully other company pays attention

BigSteveO

Badlands
First Name
Stephen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru Outback
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Gimmick #1: Drain Holes in the Floor
The idea of putting drain plugs in the interior to facilitate easy cleanup isn't a new one. But in this day and age, when about 80% (or more) of a vehicle's interior controls are electrical in nature, it's probably not the best idea to turn a hose on inside your Bronco — even if you do point it at the floor. Ford touts this feature as something that makes it "simple, fast and painless" to clean up after an adventure, but we think everyone's better off with some decent all-weather floor mats (which you can take out and hose off in your driveway), a damp sponge and a towel to dry everything off. We've been in some pretty muddy and sloppy conditions over the years, but never once have we needed to douse our interior with water to the point where drain holes would actually help.

Gimmick #2: Removable Doors, You Rebel
We get it, kinda. Taking your doors off feels a bit rebellious and makes for an invigorating driving experience. But unless you're doing some serious low-speed rock crawling where you'd actually benefit from the added visibility, taking the doors off of your car "᠎'cause it's cool" is dumb.

Gimmick #3: GoPro Mounts
Making your friends watch your unedited 2.5-hour trail adventure is the new '70s-era slideshow-at-a-house-party nightmare. Of course, Ford isn't the first manufacturer to offer a special GoPro (or other equally high-quality video capture system) mount in a vehicle — Toyota's Tacoma immediately springs to mind. The Bronco uses a dash-mounted rail that allows for easy camera (as well as phone-mount) positioning, but if you're going to mount a GoPro to capture your rugged radness, you're better off mounting it on the outside. That means you'll get a better field of vision and also ensures that your camera can focus on the environment instead of a dirty windshield. A dedicated camera mount is really an answer to a question no one's asked.

Thanks to all who chimed in about this clickbait article - link is below but the essence of the article is now pasted above
https://www.edmunds.com/car-news/th...nco-features-are-pointless-and-heres-why.html

I think these guys are missing the point of this vehicle...
What the bottle opener didn't make the list :unsure:

JTBros

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GR Corolla
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Blaaabllaaaaablaaa Who cares about what this likely sub compact car driving, latte sipping, flannel shirt wearing hipster thinks...
3 Great options in my opinion.
Hey now, you’re allowed to like those things and like the Bronco. Can’t wait to compare the size of my Fiesta to the Bronco lol and it should make a good stablemate.

All I’m getting here though is someone who is picking at straws and should be embarrassed to call themselves a journalist while putting out garbage like this.

wvmtneer

Banned
First Edition
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F-150
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

Did not read responses.
i do agree with the go pro comment and comparing it to 70s slideshow.

Sponsored

DaveH

Badlands
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
14 Ford Focus, 98 Ford Expedition
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Regarding the GoPro mount on the Picatinny rail, they are criticizing the Bronco for a feature that, while likely will be available at some point, is not currently available and all indications are that it will be an aftermarket offering. Soooo... Criticizing the Bronco for something that doesn't exist and may not even be available from Ford. Beyond stupid. Why aren't they preemptively criticizing the Bronco for the inevitable person that will hang a tacky looking air freshener????

Karl_in_Chicago

Badlands
First Name
Karl
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I can't believe they missed the removable (hard top) or collapsible (soft top) roof! I mean if the roof isn't there and it rains you, and the interior, could get wet (and DON'T get me started on bird poop)! What was Ford thinking making a convertible/removable top a standard feature? Thank you for looking out for us, Edmunds, we'd be lost without you.

DaveH

Badlands
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
14 Ford Focus, 98 Ford Expedition
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

And about this:
But in this day and age, when about 80% (or more) of a vehicle's interior controls are electrical in nature, it's probably not the best idea to turn a hose on inside your Bronco — even if you do point it at the floor.

Did they not read the part about the electronics being all weather and test against water? 3rd grade journalism at best.

BigSteveO

Badlands
First Name
Stephen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru Outback
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

He left out the biggest gimmicky thing, autopilot or maybe he likes to inflate it so it didn't make the list ;)
Ford Bronco 3 “gimmicky” things Edmunds doesn’t like about the Bronco 1617229082849

Toccoa

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Isuzu Rodeo Sport
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Sounds like the perfect background to be rating off-road vehicles. 🙄 I see “sluggish acceleration”, “numb steering”, and “noisy tires“ in a future review. 😂
Sponsored