Sponsored

Anyone else feel like Ford is doing this all wrong?

LandCruiser

Base
First Name
Bocephias
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Some dealers are requiring a deposit. This isn't any different than ordering another vehicle.

It'll also easy for dealers to sell a refused Bronco since they won't be able to get anything but reservations on their lots. Probably at a markup.
So, essentially this favors dealers when deposit holders start walking away.
Sponsored

BroncoKong Jr.

Badlands
First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Yeah. But I wouldn't expect too many people who order to walk away. Certainly there will only be a percentage of reservation holders converting to orders, though.

CycloneGT500

Base
First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 Mustang GT
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I can tell you from this first public event, it is very obvious that they simply got ahead of themselves on this one and were not prepared for the public scrutiny and demand.

They are doing the best that they can to try and keep us happy, but they just don't have it all in place at this point. I think maybe things got leaked a little too early so they are working with the circumstances and trying to give us any information they can.

They aren't ready to get into the weeds though, so we need to recognize that when asking our questions and keep things high level at this stage.

Everyone is complaining about not having more information before ordering... But take a step back. You have nothing ($100 refundable) invested in a vehicle that is not set to deliver until spring of next year. Outside of a new release, the vast majority of their buyers do not order vehicles to spec...they buy off the dealer lots. To have this level of demand and this many custom orders is a new experience for them. The information will come, but we have to be careful with what we are expecting at this stage.
There will not be any on the lots - except for those that were ordered and customers backed out. And to that end I know dealers who are getting everyone and their brother to reserve so they will have lot Broncos. I was told not to back out, that if I was getting wet feet to let them know and not tell Ford so they could still get my Bronco here.

Incognito

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 jk
Your Bronco Model
Base
Yeah. But I wouldn't expect too many people who order to walk away. Certainly there will only be a percentage of reservation holders converting to orders, though.
Read through the start of the Granger $2000 off invoice price thread.

Ford did not just change the order in which reservations are going to be produced ( based on regions and dealerships getting some at a time) .

Ford also let it be known that dealerships that see a high percentage of reservation holders walk away, or disappear ( because they were fictional cut-outs created by the dealer) would be punished, financially.

Ford made it so the buyer has some leverage again.

jehines3

Badlands
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lexus RX350L, Chevrolet Silverado, Lincoln MKC
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
stupidity.

so basically 2 fewer models not counting a very limited edition one? We have only 3 packages mid, high, lux. 2 engine choices and then a heavy offroad package. How is this in any way confusing or complicated? Are you bitching because the vehicle will launch with hundreds of accessories? How is any of this a bad thing? lol.
I'm not complaining at all. I was responding to the OP question.

My September 21 deposit did exactly what I wanted to and got me a 2022 model year vehicle.

I was applying logic to a very confused and wary launch of a product that will cost in excess of $45k for most people. My proposal would have reduced complexity, gotten limited configurations in the hands of actual buyers, and allowed dealers to get some on their lots so that anyone that wanted to see it before ordering.

Most here are upset about the lack of clear informaiton from Ford. Upset about option shown on pre-production not being offered, concerned that the configuration that they thought they could get is is is not available. These are reasonable emotions from buyers that just wanted to buy their dream vehicle. I can handle being told no on an option or configuration, but it may affect my decision to consummate an order and sale.

Why not clear that log jam hurdle upfront rather than keep your purchasing and sourcing folks heads spinning and failing to get to production state.

Sponsored

Streetbob08

Badlands
First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150, Harley.
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
This isn’t a post so much about lack of B&P as much as it is about Fords seemingly “Do nothing, tell no one” strategy. The cats out of the bag for what the bronco has and what it seems to be capable of. My issue and I’m sure the dealers as well, is lack of transparency between HQ and the dealerships around the US.

its one of the most hyped cars trying to break into a market dominated by Jeep and no dealers appear to have any info at all. Meanwhile there's pamphlets showing how Jeep plans to go toe to toe with the bronco and seems Jeep dealers have strategies in place. Things like strategy and build and price and promotion showings should have been in the works since last year through the reveal this year. i know there’s a pandemic but there’s so many ways to promote this vehicle and it seems Ford isn’t pursuing any of them.
Ok, here's my thought's on what happened. The Chinese virus FUBAR"d everything!

Bronc-O

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Lincoln Aviator
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Ford also let it be known that dealerships that see a high percentage of reservation holders walk away, or disappear ( because they were fictional cut-outs created by the dealer) would be punished, financially.

Ford made it so the buyer has some leverage again.
This echo's what I said a couple of times. I've seen what seems like far too many placing reservations that have under 10 posts made here. In one thread, there were 2 in a row and their very first posts were to claim they placed a reservation and singing the dealer praises. I've seen way too many to not think some of them are shills trying to drive others to place real reservations.

LandCruiser

Base
First Name
Bocephias
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Can someone explain something to the retard (me).

Ford says that reservations after Sept 15 won't be MY 2021, but MY 2022... but also people are saying that not all reservations will be converted to a build. So that means there are much more reservations than builds, especially if dealers are trying to sock puppet these things or people reserved with no intention to build.

So how do they KNOW that they won't exceed production numbers if they go through mid Sept reservations until they start to build these things???

Sponsored
OP
OP
Blitzinger

Blitzinger

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tiguan
Your Bronco Model
Base
Can someone explain something to the retard (me).

Ford says that reservations after Sept 15 won't be MY 2021, but MY 2022... but also people are saying that not all reservations will be converted to a build. So that means there are much more reservations than builds, especially if dealers are trying to sock puppet these things or people reserved with no intention to build.

So how do they KNOW that they won't exceed production numbers if they go through mid Sept reservations until they start to build these things???
They're basing it on estimates. So I think they are saying "we think we can only produce x amount by end of MY21 and we have y amount of reservations so difference is MY22

Although if this "no x plan" bs is for real I have a feeling that MY22 holders will get catapulted to MY21

First Name
Donnie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1976 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
I don't know if Ford is doing it all wrong but to me it does seem like the Bronco comeback has been rode hard and put up wet for a while now. Could be wrong but think I can remember back 3 years ago and there was talk of our much anticipated Bronco being available again. Looks like now finally the rubber is going to meet the road.

Heck Chevrolet announced last year it was introducing the Hummer again with 1,000 horsepower, having a 0 to 60 mph acceleration of 3 seconds and 11,500 feet of torque. It appears the Hummer will be delivered to it's customers before the Bronco possibly...

I think the Jeep Rubicon may be on the trails with a diesel version before the Bronco I have reserved can be born...:unsure::( Not bashing Ford or the Bronco but just thinking out loud with my thoughts I guess....

Undecided

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1969 Bronco, 2002 Tacoma, 2015 Wrangler
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
I think Ford is doing things well, but definately could have been better. I think they revealed too much at the start that turned out to be unclear or they reversed course on or is not for production or will be added later or may & may not happen or got delayed... and delayed.

But it has been a crazy year to say the least and hindsight is 20/20.
Sponsored