Sponsored

Anyone holding out long term to be a future classic, or in the Bronco for the long haul?

Austin Bronco

Black Diamond
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Triumph Street Scrambler
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I plan to drive it forever if it will hold up. The 2.3L seems to be a tried and true engine so hoping for the best. IMO it will always look cool and be 4x4 which never goes out of style. šŸ˜Ž
Sponsored

Donkeygyrl

Base
First Name
Sheri
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco on order
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

My opinion is that the gas engine will prevent anything from ever becoming a classic. 20-30-40 years from now gas will be next to impossible to buy, rendering the vehicle we now drive only valuable as a piece of sculpture.

7sKnuckledragger

Heritage
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2002 TJ, 1978 K5, 2007.5 Ram 2500, 2022 F150
Your Bronco Model
Heritage
Itā€™s a twin turbo ford. I give it 10 years before we have to LS swap these things.
The style is awesome but the quality of new cars is spotty at best.

nhmountainman

Badlands
First Name
Kman
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Chevy 2500 Duramax 2018 BMW 340 2016 Rubicon
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Howā€™s that classic Ford Probe doing? Most things are just made to be disposable these days. Itā€™ll be easier to keep my JK alive, and granted it wonā€™t be worth anything, but it has much better chance than this flimsy bronco Iā€™m enjoying today. Enjoy it todayā€¦.

2023bronco

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
How collectible is the retro Thunderbird? Not so much. The retro Mustangs? Not so much.

The retro Bronco? If you were to keep a new Bronco very low mileage and in excellent condition, so that you don't have to pay most of the market value or more to restore it, you'd have to basically store the thing indoors for decades. Do the cost/benefit ratio of that and tell me it's worth it.

Sponsored

21BL2DR

Badlands
First Name
JD
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 BL 2dr, 2021 BB 4dr, 2022 BS 2dr, trifecta
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I'm 64. All my vehicle purchases are being made with the thought that I am done buying for the rest of my life. I bought hopefully my "last" diesel super duty in 2022, and it has taken me about 4 Broncos to figure out what I "really" want in a Bronco so when the Badlands gets built next week I am planning on it being the "last" new car purchase forever.

I am going to drive the wheels off both of them and hope they last until I'm in the dirt. the kids can take care of it all after that.

Last edited:

Mattyp23

Wildtrak
First Name
mathew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Accord
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Iā€™ll be keeping mine forever considering the direction we are heading with combustion engines. Vehicles will be more techā€™s out in the future. Hydrogen, electric, Fisionā€¦ who knows. Iā€™m keeping it until the very end. That said, if gvmnt forces us to ditch combustion engines, Iā€™ll keep this and convert it over to electric. Not giving it up. My roof rack will now be a battery pack.

TonkaTruck

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Pilot
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Howā€™s that classic Ford Probe doing? Most things are just made to be disposable these days. Itā€™ll be easier to keep my JK alive, and granted it wonā€™t be worth anything, but it has much better chance than this flimsy bronco Iā€™m enjoying today. Enjoy it todayā€¦.
Yes, because Wranglers have always been known for their stellar reliability and durabilityā€¦

nhmountainman

Badlands
First Name
Kman
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Chevy 2500 Duramax 2018 BMW 340 2016 Rubicon
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Yes, yes they are, relative to this Ford turd. Seen a Jeep hardtop? Solid quality. Seen a Jeep twill soft top? Engineered far better than Ford. And Ford supposedly worked on the G6 for 10 years. Point being my more analog Jeep JK has fewer electronic nannies. And far more aftermarket support. Which one will last longer? I think you know. Your Bronco will go the way of the Probe. Iā€™ll ditch mine far before that. Enjoy it while you can!

AZ_Liberty

Base
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Expedition
Your Bronco Model
Base
Howā€™s that classic Ford Probe doing? Most things are just made to be disposable these days.
Terrible. But the same year Fox Body Mustang or Ford Bronco is doing quite well. So are F-150s from before 97.

Sponsored

Snacktime

Black Diamond
First Name
Nate
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco, F150
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Mine will look like a true classic car soon, some rust, paint chips and torn seats. That sweet faded paint with a multi color hard top for that real retro touch. And I can do 10 times faster than everyone else with almost no effort.

Nothing classic about modern vehicle.

cbrenthus

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 BadSquatch, '02 T/A
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Didn't read the whole thread, but anything 20+ years old in good condition with low miles will always be a classic. And the less rare/expensive, the better - go look at my 99 corvettes, then look at my F bodies. You'll find way better deals on the vettes because people bought them as toys and babied them, but the F-bodies were bought to drive and there are not as many survivors. ;)

Bottom line though, don't buy any vehicle as an investment. I did the math a few years ago, and don't feel like doing it again right now, but I figured out that a split window stingray was a worst investment than the DOW.

Mattyp23

Wildtrak
First Name
mathew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Accord
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Yes, yes they are, relative to this Ford turd. Seen a Jeep hardtop? Solid quality. Seen a Jeep twill soft top? Engineered far better than Ford. And Ford supposedly worked on the G6 for 10 years. Point being my more analog Jeep JK has fewer electronic nannies. And far more aftermarket support. Which one will last longer? I think you know. Your Bronco will go the way of the Probe. Iā€™ll ditch mine far before that. Enjoy it while you can!
Youā€™re welcome that bronco came out so wrangler can finally step their game up. Copy paste each years models looking same but increasing the year and price while you still paid higher prices for the same model years before it. Jeep had to join the rest by adding a ā€œ truckā€. Sounds like jeep is struggling.

Area51BS

Badlands
First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Badlands non SAS 4dr 2.3
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Plastic classic? I donā€™t think so. They would make a good blank canvas for stripping and making them a bare bones true off road vehicle.

Ballerj98

Outer Banks
First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco Outer Banks
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Iā€™ve been thinking about this occasionally. Or at least whenever a new vehicle comes out that slightly gets me interested.

For context - I specā€™d it out at the prospect of being a future classic or at least something that would continue to interest me long term (first model year 2021 antimatter blue on roast OBX sas, loaded, hardtopā€¦actually first hardtop my dealer got in). And with AMB dropped its even more special. Iā€™m not saying I have high hopes it will be a future classic, itā€™s probably doubtful, but I wanted a very special spec for the first model year that aged well that I would appreciate. The plan was to keep it for a solid 15+ years. Pass it down to kids as they start driving etc

I think I may always be between ā€œitā€™s not for saleā€ / I wouldnā€™t let her go for under an outrageous price, like 75k+ for my spec (keep in mind Iā€™m only putting 3k miles a year - not intentionally BTW)ā€¦.Markets at maybe at 55k. So huge disconnect that will continue to grow. So whether I want to keep it forever or not Iā€™m almost stuck with it because I donā€™t think Iā€™d ever be willing to sell at a price the market will bear.

Does it actually become a future classic or something that starts to appreciate in value in 20+ years? IDK. But seeing that I wonā€™t be willing to sell at a mutual price, I may be naturally waiting to see what the future holds anyway

again, very odd situation. Iā€™ve treated all other vehicles as more of a commodity. But my bronco, will be with me for a very long time. I say that in more of a good way then a bad way. Just hope it doesnā€™t become a love/hate relationship in 10 years if itā€™s time to move on and Iā€™m unwilling to sell for a certain price.

anyone else in this boat? I guess this is what happens when guys are simply in the ā€œitā€™s not for sale campā€ forever with a vehicle they are passionate about. This is a first for me
jaruss01 - We are so thinking the same thing, I have a 2021 Bronco OuterBanks that I really want to cover up in my garage and it keep it around. I have done a lot of work to it and I just hit 35,000 miles. I would love to keep this to be a classic one day.

2021 Bronco.jpg

2021 Bronco1.jpg
Sponsored