Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler JKUR
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

But probably 70% of owners will not upgrade. A lot on this forum may...
Thats going to be 70% of some very unhappy Bronco owners when they realize The rear speakers sound like ear pods :)
Sponsored

Ig_bronco

Black Diamond
First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 JKU
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Also, the B&O reportedly has a somewhat mediocre sub/ sub amp. Not that I would want a crazy bone-shaking machine. I may move my 8" Polk MoMo/ Rockford Fosgate mono into my "imaginary Wildtrak" to tighten up the bass definition. I may need to break out my Thiele Small calculator and redesign the enclosure to fit the fold down height of the back seat.
Yeah that b&o is absolute garbage. I'd personally like to find the b&o sub enclosure and throw it in my bronco with a different sub. I like my things nice an tucked in...
Ford Bronco Base Audio Upgrade and Forscan 21F8B802-1E92-4E92-87CB-1145774DDC31

... And out of the way

22OBX

Outer Banks
First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'15 F150 Lariat, '04 F150 Lariat, '73 F100 Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Thats going to be 70% of some very unhappy Bronco owners when they realize The rear speakers sound like ear pods :)
Agree....lol. I'm most definitely will, but many that will own a bronco will not touch it, and a lot will also come with the B&O system. For me, it's new speakers, subs and 2 4 channel amps along with a Audiocontrol line converter.

mpeugeot

Outer Banks
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
97 Ferrari F355, 11 Ford F-150, 21 OBX 2D
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
What kills me is the people who actually think that the B&O without any upgrades "sounds great". I have serious tinnitus and even I could tell it sounded like crap! After upgrading the speakers, I could finally get the music louder than my tinnitus! ;)

hozer

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Suburban
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Sponsored

Ig_bronco

Black Diamond
First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 JKU
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

j_anderson

Outer Banks
First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Exactly, idk how big that sub is. 6? I'm sure it's listed but I'm driving. Plus the cover as well.

Its an 8" sub
Ford Bronco Base Audio Upgrade and Forscan ML21470

Ford Bronco Base Audio Upgrade and Forscan Screen Shot 2022-02-02 at 11.19.28 AM

Edit: the cover isn't listed. I believe it is part of the larger trim panel. I came across the drawing for the trim panel last week but that panel isn't available to purchase and no part number was listed.

Hoping an aftermarket powered sub enclosure will become available to bolt into the factory location.

Last edited:

j_anderson

Outer Banks
First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Here is the drawing I found:
Ford Bronco Base Audio Upgrade and Forscan ML21795

Ford Bronco Base Audio Upgrade and Forscan Screen Shot 2022-02-02 at 11.33.10 AM

stanger1944

Base
First Name
kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
98 F150, 16 F150, 2010 Mustang GT
Your Bronco Model
Base
Thought I'd share my findings on being able to replicate the FDRS JBL Soundbar 'changes' via ForScan. I upgraded the 6-speaker system with Audison components (2" dash / 6.5" kicker panel / 4" Rear / 4.300 AMP / JBL BassPro Go). In an effort to get full range on the rear speakers I went to a dealer yesterday to have them flash the ACM as-if I was installing the JBL soundbar upgrade.

I pulled my As-Built .abt files for all modules before the dealer made any changes. Dealer tech ran through the JBL software update/install and then I pulled down all the as-built .abt files after the dealer update. I just ran them through a compare and there are zero differences between the before dealer and after dealer files.

I thought for sure that there would be some change between the 2 files. There was a marked changed in the sound of the rear speakers. When the dealer first completed the update, the rear speakers sounded horrible as the pre-flash AMP settings I had needed to be changed for the new configuration. After the dealer update I had to switch the amp filter setting from full to hi and adjust the all the other levels to the rear to make them sound right again; I did note that I now had full range after the dealer update. Maybe this info will help someone trying to accomplish the same thing. I'm doing another stereo upgrade in a couple weeks and will probably run through this again to see if I missed something, but as of now I'm not confident that whatever Ford does in programming for the JBL soundbar is repeatable using ForScan.
So can or cannot accomplish this through forescan?

WuNgUn

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2 door Squatched
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

The standard ACM is direct to the speakers (no DSP). The LUX package connect the ACM to a DSP, which feeds the speakers. This is why the ACM mods are so different.
Most people are pulling the bass from the front channels, which is key for the sub. I am bent on finding a way to get more sound to the rear to be able to have more flexibility. If Ford wanted to protect those little OEM speakers, why not put a capacitor in the pod and give full signal through the wiring.
Funny, but the rear speakers ALSO have caps on them from Ford! Exactly like the front 4" set 🤷
I enabled the 00 hex flip in ForScan. Did nothing for the rear...and I have a feeling it made the front (Polk Audio) set sound worse!? It definitely reset my tone settings, but...
I might remove the caps from the rear speakers and poly fill the ensures for the time being and see how that sounds.

Sponsored

ASlaugh

Badlands
First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
65 Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Funny, but the rear speakers ALSO have caps on them from Ford! Exactly like the front 4" set 🤷
I enabled the 00 hex flip in ForScan. Did nothing for the rear...and I have a feeling it made the front (Polk Audio) set sound worse!? It definitely reset my tone settings, but...
I might remove the caps from the rear speakers and poly fill the ensures for the time being and see how that sounds.
I tried this with some 6x9s that I have sitting around and did not get any low frequency response. Someone else posted that setting the 727-01-02 eq to 00 worked for them. Not the case when I tried it. I'm going a completely different route and will leave the rear pods for the highs only, but with 4" coaxials.

Hossfire

Wildtrak
First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'06 Jeep Commander
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I tried this with some 6x9s that I have sitting around and did not get any low frequency response. Someone else posted that setting the 727-01-02 eq to 00 worked for them. Not the case when I tried it. I'm going a completely different route and will leave the rear pods for the highs only, but with 4" coaxials.
That's my plan as well.

Hossfire

Wildtrak
First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'06 Jeep Commander
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Its an 8" sub
Ford Bronco Base Audio Upgrade and Forscan Screen Shot 2022-02-02 at 11.33.10 AM

Edit: the cover isn't listed. I believe it is part of the larger trim panel. I came across the drawing for the trim panel last week but that panel isn't available to purchase and no part number was listed.

Hoping an aftermarket powered sub enclosure will become available to bolt into the factory location.
As long as you don't mind removing the pocket, that`s a good location for an aftermarket sub. The factory woofer + enclosure probably isn't a great investment. The enclosure looks pretty small. I think an aftermarket shallow-mount sub enclosure would be better.

Broncola

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Element, ‘75 Bronco widow
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Some new info. You and @ASlaugh should try changing line "727-01-01".

@Bronconewby says it works. See post. The reference material makes it look promising.

Keep us posted.

Geo

Base
First Name
Geo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

No matter how much tweaking you do, 4" rears aren't going to give enough mids and volume when you go topless. New rear mounts, that don't completely block your view, for 6's is what we all need. I put the stinger rear gate sub with a dsp in and it's a huge improvement. Now I need those 6's in the back.
Sponsored