Sponsored

BRONCO 2.7 Stalled and left me Stranded!!!!

1stBroncoBase

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Base Bronco (Ordered)
Your Bronco Model
Base
I don't think he's being dramatic at all. just stating what happened. I do most of my wheeling solo in places there are few people and no cell service. I have to trust my vehicle. If I don't, I have no reason to own it. If it strands me, there better be a clear reason why and the 100% satisfaction that it was fixed.

Now, if you're cruising the mall or the more frequented tourist trails, then by all means embrace a vehicle that is not reliable. Rides and tows are a dime a dozen.
Agreed! I thought the same but you said it perfectly
Sponsored

Southern Girl

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1974 Bronco/2023 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

WOW! That never happens in any other vehicle ever made it only happens in 2.7 V6 Ford Broncos...
That's hilarious. My son just had to replace his Jeep starter after it would not start in a parking lot. Imagine working on your vehicle in a movie theater parking lot. :LOL:

OP
OP
RedThor

RedThor

Wildtrak
First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

So I was having a few problems, mine is a 21 though, all my problems were fixed with a factory reset. Might be that simple, ford's customer care can help you troubleshoot it
I factory reset it twice. Nothing. 😔

Sponsored

F-Spot

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tesla, FJ
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
It really was, at that point. I was fed up and was like lets just get this outta here.

Glad you guys made it down safely...now, hopefully, your Ford dealer can find the issue quickly. Keep us posted!

H - 2 CHARLIE

Wildtrak
First Name
CHARLIE
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F 150 - E 350
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Some trucks had loose fuse link connections. It's worth a try . Good luck .

22OBX

Outer Banks
First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'15 F150 Lariat, '04 F150 Lariat, '73 F100 Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Here was a result of the exact same problem by this poster. Died on the trail, crank, crank no start.

98BC9FCA-2F09-484C-9568-D7FB9F3C17DE.png

Shenanigans

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20 Explorer ST
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
That's hilarious. My son just had to replace his Jeep starter after it would not start in a parking lot. Imagine working on your vehicle in a movie theater parking lot. :LOL:
Had the exact same experience myself. Girlfriend (wife now) was working at theater and came out to her baby blue AMC Pacer (think Wayne’s World without the flames) was dead. Got a new battery and installed it, when I attached the second lead poof was instantly engulfed in grey smoke. Scared the bleep out of me and I was out of there. Now keep in mind I was young dirt poor and had no one to learn me no better. Knew enough about to know that my brand new battery went instantly to ground and realized the starter was bad. Pulled it and replaced the battery cables (they melted hence the smoke) and it was full of metal shavings so instantly pushed all the stored energy of the brand new battery through the systhem. Good thing it was pre microchips or who knows what it would have destroyed. Ahh to be young again…

Sponsored

Butzy

Base
First Name
Butzy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
f150 & bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

No, you can't. But I don't get in an airplane if I don't trust it and I don't drive off the beaten path if I don't trust my vehicle. I'm OK with the risk that anything could break down, but I'm not OK with the certainty that it will. I do too much crazy stuff to know I'm going to be stranded or worse. I like to think I have a chance.

Now, my swiss GMT watch currently works, but not correctly, so it's not even correct twice a day like it would be if it was broken. I just stare at the sun and guess.
Oh no!!!! What are you going to do now???!
I would probably get another watch.....😮🙂😏

sdchrisp

Black Diamond
First Name
Christopher
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I might not be the best source for this answer. I got into a heated discussion with someone about this very subject a while back. To me, someone who does NOT make a single penny off of it, Ford ESP is the way to go. I've seen ESP pay big money on repair orders. The argument the other person had was that they're nothing but pure profit, and nobody ever uses them, and that my experience was "nostalgic" and that I lack the big picture. I can only speak for what I see, and what I see is that ESP can be a very good investment. Just take heed, you may invest in it and never need it.

As for when to buy, I'm not sure the best time. I think it is probably cheaper the earlier you buy it, at least the last time I looked at the chart.
Thank you! You’re telling someone who works at Apple and sells AppleCare+. It really does save you if something happens, but you many never use it. I completely understand it.

SubmarineNuke

Wildtrak
First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Website
twitch.tv
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I’m sure people could tell tons of stories about weird places they’ve made repairs. I had to do a battery swap in the parking lot of the USS Arizona memorial back in like 1997. 😂

calgecko

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Chevy ZR2 Bison V6
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I replaced the transmission of my '73 Plymouth Duster in a Kragen Parking lot when I was 17

Longnius

First Name
Curtis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Kona
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

Yeah I get you, im just all bummed out right now. Waited all this time
It's a fair reaction in my opinion, people are paying 50-60k+ for this vehicle that's brand new. You expect these types of vehicles to take wear and tear a little more than the average but get the exact opposite after a few thousand miles, tack on the wait time some people have.

Sorry this happened OP, let us know how the dealership/Ford handles it.
Sponsored