Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F250, Mustang, Explorer
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Good find

I have seen that carrier before but I’ve never seen a ring/pinion set to go with it, or been able to confirm if the ring is not welded to the carrier like the m220 non-ELD is (so you could re-use your existing ring gear)

I suspect you might be about to find a 3.73, it’s a common ratio, but the other ratios are kinda specific.

(It also costs almost as much as an entire m210 FDU, not counting new axles)
It might be an option for those of us with 4.27s, or 3.73s. If I knew how to set up gears the cost might be OK. But then I'd constantly fret over what was going to break first, my axle or steering rack.
Sponsored

Snacktime

Black Diamond
First Name
Nate
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco, F150
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Might as well chime in on this one.

If you kill a M190 you should upgrade, your getting better CV axles and a stronger front ring gear. Fixing the M190 or M190 CV axle is just wasting money, I got another 5k miles out of my front after swapping in a new cv.

I drove 1.5k miles on a broken front end all the way home and for a few weeks waiting on parts. Not ideal but you can limp it around without damaging more parts if you remove the front cv axles. Don't feel rushed.

Why upgrade? You can next day air the M210 cv axles and M210 housing, which makes it very desirable for the next time you need to fix it. These are not bullet proof upgrades and you should plan to kill them since you killed a M190. Pick what you put in now based on what you will do if it breaks again. You are gaining strength but mostly gaining the ability to do quicker repairs.

I strongly think 4.71 or 4.46 gears are the best choice for anyone doing the M210 swap. If you are back and forth, stay in this gear range. Has proven it works and easy to get.

You want to play with the big boys, go with deeper gears. 4.88, 5.13, 5.38. Your buying into a more expensive future but more common gear sets which should in the future be better supported. If you think your going to buy a Dana 60 for the rear this is a smarter move.

Spicer 44 thing we put in @NORCALGXP bronco is sweet! I didn't buy one because its not what I consider a cost effective upgrade. Defetinily a good path if you have the money, but if you bought a non-sas bronco your most likely not in this group.

How you get to what you buy is different for everyone.