Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2008 F-350 reg cab srw v10 manual
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Anyone else seeing this? My BMW’s N63 engine had a lot more issues than this and never heard a peep. I guess the volume speaks for itself
Ford Bronco Getting 2.7 failure compensation now ads on ig 665F28BB-C2A0-41E9-9ACB-62B6DCFCD2E3
Sponsored

Mainerunr

Wildtrak
First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 F150
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
some lawyer thinking he can make a buck off a class-action lawsuit. Do Bronco sales exceed that model BMW in the US? Probably. Are there a lot of failures? No (and yeah, there's a list of 60-odd from this site, guess what, when people have a problem they look for a place to complain, this is that place...

Grand scheme of things, the number of failures relative to the number of 2.7's out there is low.

OP
OP
Murph914

Murph914

Badlands
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2008 F-350 reg cab srw v10 manual
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

some lawyer thinking he can make a buck off a class-action lawsuit. Do Bronco sales exceed that model BMW in the US? Probably. Are there a lot of failures? No (and yeah, there's a list of 60-odd from this site, guess what, when people have a problem they look for a place to complain, this is that place...

Grand scheme of things, the number of failures relative to the number of 2.7's out there is low.
Yep. Porsche and BMW both have WAY more failures than Ford. The lawyers think because Ford is in the news they can come in for a payday.

JediMcMuffin

Badlands
First Name
Tommy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

62 blown engines out of 100k and we’ve escalated this far? Karen needs a new hobby.
Yeah I shed my anxiety over this I think. My Julian date is 21209, the exact day with the MOST failures tracked at one point. I just rolled over 13,000 miles, swapped over to synthetic oil a while back and have run a few tanks of premium through and I'm driving this thing like I stole it the last few weeks.

Sponsored

mountainbronco

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
To think every Bronco customer has a B6g account would be incorrect.

The 62 reported here is only a fraction of the total.

But more important, without an explanation and root cause analysis, we (2.7 owners) have no clue if this will bite us later, with higher mileage.

This is why the governments investigation is so important.

AMTRV

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Oliver
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Badlands 4dr, 22 6.7L Tremor, 1940 Ford Cpe
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
🙃

kodiakisland

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
12 Tacoma, 18 Indian, 23 GV70
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

62 blown engines out of 100k and we’ve escalated this far? Karen needs a new hobby.
Ford is the only one who may know the total number, but it is certainly more than the 62 reported here. Since we don’t have the real number, we have no way of knowing how serious the problem actually is.
It is 100% covered by warranty so there is that. In my mind not worth worrying about until it actually happens, and then you address it.

heynow14

Badlands
First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco - BL SAS MT LUX SOFT
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Better Call Saul IRL... LOL!!

"Did you drink funky water at Camp LeJeune in 1988? Did you sniff asbestos in 1974? You may be entitled to compensation!"

Ambulance chasers be chasin'...

MayhemMike

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mercury
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I was just getting used to the asbestos ads ending. Then the Campe Leujune water supply law suit ads are at a fever pitch. Now some hack is starting this?

Sponsored

cracKen

Badlands
First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23 Bronco Badlands 7MT
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Click the ad and actually go to the link. It charges per click and will cost that law office money.

okbob

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
71' u15, 66' u14, 66' u14
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

That's only if you drove your 2.7l to Camp Lejeune for an asbestos removal job and you drank a glass of water at lunch and then cut across the flower beds where they sprayed Roundup.......

mcon33

Black Diamond
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Jeep Willys Unlimited; 2022 Bronco BD SAS
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
That's only if you drove your 2.7l to Camp Lejeune for an asbestos removal job and you drank a glass of water at lunch and then cut across the flower beds where they sprayed Roundup.......
All while sniffing toxic burn pit fumes from the near by Army installation.

da_jokker

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler JKUR
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Cracks me up when people try to compare the blown engine count to the total Broncos built.

It's people who think (or more accurate don't think) like that as to why things are so messed up.

There was a 2-3 month period that was susceptible to this bad batch and then Ford made a change (there's even a probability it was influenced by this thread).

So if any comparison should be happening, it should be 62 out of N built during that time period only. Personally I think it would have been a lot more had Broncos not been stuck on dirt mountain for a year.

The typical denial posts just make folks look irrational.