Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 4dr Sqtch, 20 Triumph Tiger Rally, '04 Yam FZ1
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Just installed mine but I have a question on the provided hardware.

Is it normal not to have any thread protrusion after you install top brackets?
For the hardware they supply, yes. I contacted them about it and they wouldn’t help. I went to Lowe’s to get proper sized bolts.
Sponsored

OP
OP
IAG Performance

IAG Performance

Wildtrak
Squatch Sponsor (Level 3)
First Name
JJ
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.iagperformance.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
That may be your experience, but you shouldn’t approach the issue as if it’s the soft top’s fault.

My Bronco didn’t start showing the issue until I installed the EZ Lift w/ upgraded brackets. The audible sounds also started immediately after installing the EZ Lift. Maybe it’s not a universal issue, but there’s many people on this forum that have reported these issues.

Out of concern for my soft top’s longevity and having met my tolerance w/ the noises, I stopped procrastinating & uninstalled the EZ Lift this afternoon. Poof, problems solved! So pointing the finger at the soft top should no longer be an acceptable response; these issues are clearly unintended consequences of the EZ Lift.

However, we can certainly blame Ford for giving us a crappy prop stick to begin with.
Please know our intention is not to point fingers at any one thing in particular, however, we are limited to the data and experiences that we have here. We can say with confidence that both of our soft top Bronco's, the local customer Bronco's that we have seen, as well as 50+ Bronco's we saw and worked on at Super Celebration have experienced many of these issues prior to the EZ-Lift System being installed. We are a solutions-based company and we like to be transparent. We have no desire to create products simply for the sake of creating a product unless it solves a pain point or increases the enjoyment, usability, or reliability of these vehicles. If we have data that we can repeatably test, make adjustments, and offer solutions we will absolutely do so. If any local users to us (we are located in Westminster, MD) have experienced these issues, we would love to have a further conversation and bring your Bronco in so that we can see what may be causing the problem.

j_4260

Badlands
First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Audi A3, Ducati M620, BMW GSA 1200
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Not sure if helps at all but I bought a lift kit from IAG last weekend and it works great on my 3/14 build.

Folding the top down does take a bit of pressure but since my top is barely broken in, I still hold the frame down while walking around the back, making sure the fabric is folded nicely before full compression and latching it into place.

I've driven the Bronco around with the top up and down since installation and no rattles that I've noticed. When installing the kit - I did check the soft-top alignment pins per the video, turns out my passenger side was a bit "high" and not sitting on the frame alignment pins. I got that sorted before I installed the kit.

Thanks @IAG Performance , I hope those of you with issues get sorted!

StixHunt

Everglades
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Everglades
Your Bronco Model
Everglades
Clubs

Response from IAG customer service on my request to return:

“I did speak with my manager and unfortunately since the product was installed we cannot take it in on return.”

I’ve emailed again to confirm and see if my concerns and return request could be escalated to someone else and they have stopped responding to me. So just a heads up for anyone else on the fence with this product. If you purchase and install and see similar issues that we are all running into here you are stuck with the product.

To recap, for me with this kit installed it puts way too much upward pressure on the back of my top and makes it very difficult to install and align the windows. I also have the same squeaking sounds many others are describing here coming from the shocks. I removed the kit and both problems went away.

So I guess at this point I’ll just throw my kit in the trash. IAG does state on their website that once you install a product it’s not eligible for return. If I knew this and read this thread I never would have purchased this product. Hopefully reading this will save others the frustration of dealing with this product that seems to still be in the development phase.

Last edited:

Sponsored
OP
OP
IAG Performance

IAG Performance

Wildtrak
Squatch Sponsor (Level 3)
First Name
JJ
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.iagperformance.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Response from IAG customer service on my request to return:

“I did speak with my manager and unfortunately since the product was installed we cannot take it in on return.”

I’ve emailed again to confirm and see if my concerns and return request could be escalated to someone else and they have stopped responding to me. So just a heads up for anyone else on the fence with this product. If you purchase and install and see similar issues that we are all running into here you are stuck with the product.

To recap, for me with this kit installed it puts way too much upward pressure on the back of my top and makes it very difficult to install and align the windows. I also have the same squeaking sounds many others are describing here coming from the shocks. I removed the kit and both problems went away.

So I guess at this point I’ll just throw my kit in the trash. IAG does state on their website that once you install a product it’s not eligible for return. If I knew this and read this thread I never would have purchased this product. Hopefully reading this will save others the frustration of dealing with this product that seems to still be in the development phase.
I do apologize for that, I have since responded. Again as my email stated I would be happy to help to resolve this issue and work together so that you are able to use your product as intended. We do want to make this right and gain insight on what is exactly going on but unfortunately you stated that the product was uninstalled which does hinder us from doing so. If you are willing to work together with us we are here to help!
Thank you
Kathy

Headsong

Black Diamond
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Black Diamond non squatch 4 door softtop v6
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

@IAG Performance Installed today on my now 22 4 door....love how it pops up the back bar!! BUT, when all is folded back, all open position, the struts want to push it up, so it rides up....wondering if that'll calm down or do I need to strap it down now?

Moto26

Black Diamond
First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 F150 4x4 SuperCab STX -- 2016 Yamaha XSR900
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
@IAG Performance Installed today on my now 22 4 door....love how it pops up the back bar!! BUT, when all is folded back, all open position, the struts want to push it up, so it rides up....wondering if that'll calm down or do I need to strap it down now?
Strap it if you’re going to be going over bumps. It shouldn’t be a problem on level ground.

Headsong

Black Diamond
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Strap it if you’re going to be going over bumps. It shouldn’t be a problem on level ground.
It lifts up sitting in the drive.

‘21OBX

Outer Banks
First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 bronco outer banks
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

It lifts up sitting in the drive.
Are you latching the the top all the way down? Once latched it cannot lift until you press the grey lever.

Sponsored

JediMcMuffin

Badlands
First Name
Tommy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Some things I'd like to note:

1) I wouldn't mind a version of this that was only designed to only lift the back for convenience. I'm not finding the assist part of this to be super handy, in fact it downright makes putting the top down much harder.

2) I am struggling now to understand how the top material is supposed to fold as the top is compressing down. I always feel like then I finally get it down that I have to go from side to side on the vehicle and ensure the folds are not getting pinched up in all the linkages.

As it stands, though I do like some of this kit, I'm inclined to remove it, except for that fact that I love it holds the soft top up when you're accessing the trunk.

Headsong

Black Diamond
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Are you latching the the top all the way down? Once latched it cannot lift until you press the grey lever.
Hmmm. How do it latch? I've pushed down and haven't heard anything. Again, this is full open.

‘21OBX

Outer Banks
First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 bronco outer banks
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Hmmm. How do it latch? I've pushed down and haven't heard anything. Again, this is full open.
I just tried and yes if it is not latched it most definitely tries to lift. You may need some adjustment it does not take too much pressure to latch but also doesn’t fall in and latch.

RClark82

Base
First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2001 F150, 2008 F150, 2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
Popping, strut failure, too short hardware, scratched roll bar. Took mine off and tossed it! Good feature and plan but didn't work out for me. I put some blame on the design of the soft top. I'm not convinced it will not be recalled at some point in the future. Definitely needs help 🙏
Sponsored