BM
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Base SAS
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Where did everyone mount their Kicker hideaway sub? I ask as I am having trouble screwing the straps into the back seat. The seat backing must be metal as my drill and the screws are not going in.
Sponsored

First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
This is massively helpful, thank you!
I have the PNP 200.4 harness with no sub. I decided to add it later, these colors also work with the 200.4 harness.

This is what I got in mine-I see no reason why it should be different for each harness
@BFizzy

1655466420185.png

I just modified the harness that comes with the Key500 using that.

TNBadBronc

Badlands
First Name
Blake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco/ 2004 F-150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Where did everyone mount their Kicker hideaway sub? I ask as I am having trouble screwing the straps into the back seat. The seat backing must be metal as my drill and the screws are not going in.
I used the srews that came with the sub, and screwed it right to the plastic rear panel. I did put a layer of sound deadening material between the sub and panel.

Ford Bronco Kicker Key Amp 200.4 Install DIY Video - Do this first! 20220818_182814
Ford Bronco Kicker Key Amp 200.4 Install DIY Video - Do this first! 20220818_182803

greatlakes

Base
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
67 Buick Special
Your Bronco Model
Base
For those of you with Kicker Key and the Kicker hideaway sub, what are you setting the crossover at? I'm confused because the Key has options for Hi-pass filter at 60/80/120/off and the subwoofer also has options for crossing over at variable levels. Not sure if they are redundant or addressing something different
I set the crossover on the Kicker Key to 120HZ. That's a high-pass crossover, so the speakers it is connected to (in my case the front dash and kick panels) will not play anything below 120HZ.

On your sub, it will be a low-pass crossover, so it will not play above whatever you select. I set mine to 120HZ also to cover the entire frequency band.

Rd1103

Badlands
First Name
Ross
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru Forester
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I set the crossover on the Kicker Key to 120HZ. That's a high-pass crossover, so the speakers it is connected to (in my case the front dash and kick panels) will not play anything below 120HZ.

On your sub, it will be a low-pass crossover, so it will not play above whatever you select. I set mine to 120HZ also to cover the entire frequency band.
Assuming it sounds great, but how much improvement did you see? I've installed a kicker key amp, a bi-amp wiring setup from Hoel, and Kicker CS speakers all around. I still have issues with what I figure is low range bass on a lot of songs, and it really doesn't "bump" like it should still haha. I'm assuming this hideaway fixes the issue, and recently got one and am deciding where to install it. Did you install in the cargo bay? Thanks for this tip on the crossover settings as well!

Sponsored

greatlakes

Base
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
67 Buick Special
Your Bronco Model
Base
Assuming it sounds great, but how much improvement did you see? I've installed a kicker key amp, a bi-amp wiring setup from Hoel, and Kicker CS speakers all around. I still have issues with what I figure is low range bass on a lot of songs, and it really doesn't "bump" like it should still haha. I'm assuming this hideaway fixes the issue, and recently got one and am deciding where to install it. Did you install in the cargo bay? Thanks for this tip on the crossover settings as well!
It made a tremendous difference.

To be fair, I ran my Kicker amplifier a little differently than most: I wired it for bi-amp mode and replaced both the dash speakers and the kick panel speakers. I went with Focal for the dash and Dayton Audio for the kick panels (Dayton Audio had very similar specs with the Focals at a bargain-basement price of $60 for the pair).
Ford Bronco Kicker Key Amp 200.4 Install DIY Video - Do this first! 1663172921453

Ford Bronco Kicker Key Amp 200.4 Install DIY Video - Do this first! 1663172952450

Putting the amp in bi-amp mode adds additional crossovers for the dash and kick panel speakers in addition to the dip switches to add an extra crossover. So, I ended up with the following crossover points:

Focal 4" 2-way dash speakers: Only play above 320hz
Dayton Audio 6.5" kick panel speakers: Only play between 120hz and 640hz
10" Infinity subwoofer: Only plays below 120hz
Rear stock speakers: I have no idea but can't really hear them anyway

To add bass you have to move air, and small speakers are just not capable of moving enough air. So yes, adding any type of sub will certainly help. My single 10 is enough to fill out the sound and allow me to feel the bass drum kicks again, and the kick panels have good mid-bass.

Ford Bronco Kicker Key Amp 200.4 Install DIY Video - Do this first! 1663172992018

Last edited:

MOBRONCO

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend

To be fair, I ran my Kicker amplifier a little differently than most: I wired it for bi-amp mode and replaced both the dash speakers and the kick panel speakers. I went with Focal for the dash and Dynaudio for the kick panels (Dynaudio had very similar specs with the Focals at a bargain-basement price of $60 for the pair).
Ford Bronco Kicker Key Amp 200.4 Install DIY Video - Do this first! 1663172992018

Putting the amp in bi-amp mode adds additional crossovers for the dash and kick panel speakers in addition to the dip switches to add an extra crossover. So, I ended up with the following crossover points:

Dynaudio 6.5" kick panel speakers: Only play between 120hz and 640hz

To add bass you have to move air, and small speakers are just not capable of moving enough air. So yes, adding any type of sub will certainly help. My single 10 is enough to fill out the sound and allow me to feel the bass drum kicks again, and the kick panels have good mid-bass.

Those don’t look like any Dynaudio I’ve seen, and for $60 you said? Link?

greatlakes

Base
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
67 Buick Special
Your Bronco Model
Base

Rd1103

Badlands
First Name
Ross
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru Forester
Your Bronco Model
Badlands

To be fair, I ran my Kicker amplifier a little differently than most: I wired it for bi-amp mode and replaced both the dash speakers and the kick panel speakers. I went with Focal for the dash and Dayton Audio for the kick panels (Dayton Audio had very similar specs with the Focals at a bargain-basement price of $60 for the pair).

Dayton Audio 6.5" kick panel speakers: Only play between 120hz and 640hz

Thanks for the pictures and information! Just to clarify on your kicker key setup. I am also wired for bi-amp mode (hoel wiring THANK YOU) and replaced those speakers and got a kicker key. On the kicker key, you still have bi-amp mode engaged, correct? Sorry if it's a silly question, but just trying to understand. Thank you.

greatlakes

Base
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
67 Buick Special
Your Bronco Model
Base
Thanks for the pictures and information! Just to clarify on your kicker key setup. I am also wired for bi-amp mode (hoel wiring THANK YOU) and replaced those speakers and got a kicker key. On the kicker key, you still have bi-amp mode engaged, correct? Sorry if it's a silly question, but just trying to understand. Thank you.
Not a silly question - I had to read the manual and white paper 3 times to make sure I had it right.

Yes, I have the bi-amp mode engaged on the dip switches.

Sponsored

BRONBO

Outer Banks
First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

@plugnplaykits

I bought kit 11 already. Now I am thinking I want to add a kicker hideaway sub. Which wiring harness do I need to buy to add it?

marjen

Big Bend
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
So wondering if anyone else had this issue. I had my 200.4 and 500.1 amps installed a couple weeks ago. The installers weren’t able to get the sound right and wanted me to bring it back. It went back today and they continued to have issues, especially with getting the subs to work right. Tried another source and amps and subs were fine. They then thought it was the plug play kit and maybe it is, but end of day the signal was not strong enough so they had to add one of these.
https://www.crutchfield.com/p_20646KILD4/Kicker-46KISLOAD4.html

picking it up later but seeiing if anyone else had issues? You might not even know as I was getting sound out of the subs so just thought it needed a little calibration but sound was t horrible and was in fact way better than factory Cant wait to see what it sounds like now.

SlvrSurfRidr

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Badlands Carbonized Gray 4DR, High/Tow, SoftTop
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Couple things, plug and play kit and Key200 should run your dash/kick panel/pods. You'll need a resistor or LOC from there to run the sub.

The RCA should run from the LOC to the Key500. The idea is that LOC bypasses the key200 and goes straight to the next amp. You don't want to amp an already amped signal.

Check out these kits if it helps:
KIT 11-4 (resistor) => cheapest option
KIT 12-1 (PAC LPA-1.2 SUB CONVERTER 17 FT HARNESS WITH BUILT IN LOAD RESISTORS) => better

marjen

Big Bend
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Couple things, plug and play kit and Key200 should run your dash/kick panel/pods. You'll need a resistor or LOC from there to run the sub.

The RCA should run from the LOC to the Key500. The idea is that LOC bypasses the key200 and goes straight to the next amp. You don't want to amp an already amped signal.

Check out these kits if it helps:
KIT 11-4 (resistor) => cheapest option
KIT 12-1 (PAC LPA-1.2 SUB CONVERTER 17 FT HARNESS WITH BUILT IN LOAD RESISTORS) => better
i do have the kit 11-4

taperunner

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
None
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I feel like this is kind of a dumb question but I didn't get a manual with my kicker key and there were no instructions with the plugnplay harness. Do I need to do anything else like run power from the battery or do anything with ground wires? I thought it was strictly plug and play but I feel like I've seen people talking about running power and other stuff. I'm just trying to get my ducks in a row before install.
Sponsored