First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I would be interested in seeing what you come up with or any one else. Would prefer mounting my lowrance also instead of the iPad I have now.
I’ll let you know if I end up making something.
Sponsored

Johnny Rebel

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 2D Big Bend, 2022 Bronco Raptor
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
I’m going to check the dash over and see if I can figure a way to make and mount a bracket

These both look to be much more solid options, Thanks!
Thanks! I was looking for something that is easily moveable between vehicles and didn't require permanent mods on the dash. I would love to use something like the PCI Race Radios folding mount, but couldn't find enough space in the Bronco to do it.

Mlarv

Badlands
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco/ 2022 F150/ 1968 Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

kodiakisland

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
12 Tacoma, 18 Indian, 23 GV70
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

SFAforester

Base
First Name
Monte
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco Base, 2017 F-150
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I have an Archtype Racing rail in my bronco and stick it on there. I was concerned about it bouncing around when I went down to Baja but it worked like a champ, no problems.

ScreenHunter 1570.jpg

Sponsored

monsterfd

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 raptor widebody 37s, 2018 raptor 2018 JKU 35s
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

Used to run a garmin in my gen1. iPhone with Gaia maps and CarPlay is a better setup. You download maps for offline and use your phone gps which doesn’t require signal.

kodiakisland

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
12 Tacoma, 18 Indian, 23 GV70
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Used to run a garmin in my gen1. iPhone with Gaia maps and CarPlay is a better setup. You download maps for offline and use your phone gps which doesn’t require signal.

I think the advantage to the stand alone units is the better antenna and faster refresh rates, which can come in handy when traveling offroad at a high rate of speed and limited visibilities.

OP
OP
Yamapro

Yamapro

Wildtrak
First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I have an Archtype Racing rail in my bronco and stick it on there. I was concerned about it bouncing around when I went down to Baja but it worked like a champ, no problems.

ScreenHunter 1570.jpg
Did you bolt the bracket to the rail or use a ball/arm?
I’ve been using OnX off-road with the offline maps for a while now and I’ve experienced some glitches that left me without navigation. This is the primary reason I’m wanting to install the Lowrance. With the Lowrance it works every time and there are no syncing glitches or necessary map updates to be concerned with.

SFAforester

Base
First Name
Monte
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco Base, 2017 F-150
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Yes, I bolt the Lowrance bracket straight to the railing. And yes, at higher rates of speed, the internal antennas on the lowrance and the other GPS units (Garmin-that others were using during our Baja trip) said the internal antennas couldn't keep up with their travel and they would miss crucial turns. I never had a problem like that since I have the external mount.

We are headed out to Baja in two weeks and will use the same setup and shouldn't have issues. This week I plan on connecting my Starlink dish to the top of my bronco giving me internet the whole way. I'll try connecting to an online map and seeing how that works but the Lowrance is a cheaper way to go and less aggravation.

Hopeless Diamond

Badlands
First Name
JR
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F350/2dr Rubicon/'96 4R/'75 Intl D150/'22 Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Interested in seeing how you mount the Starlink. Saw a picture of a Superduty that had it mounted flat to the hood. Not familiar with how Starlink works in motion, but that would be great.

Have been using an Android tablet with Gaia and Orux Maps (concurrently) on my trips to Baja. Haven't had issues with the GPS keeping up, but I'm not doing any high speed stuff (<70mph). The event I've done (BajaXL) had maps for Orux Maps, and I downloaded all of the tiles for the MEXTopo for Gaia - what a pain. Gaia would work great, until it didn't. Waypoints would disappear and couldn't get them to show again, then some random time they would show up again. Orux is not intuitive, but once you learn it, it's not bad.

Have thought about Lowrance, but not enough need for it to justify it. In either case though mounting is an issue. Following this to see options that people have come up with. There's a lot of space, but so far no matter what, something is always blocked.

Sponsored

BigMeatsBronco

First Edition
Base Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
Allan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 FE 2 door
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

wouldn't it be nice if we could get rid of factory NAV and install a garman box remotely, with remote antenna for best reception possible, and run video feed through the NAV screen...I've seen gadget boxes out there that can tie into the camera feed wire with a 3- way switch...and supply a video feed to the OEM 12" screen. There is definitely a way to do this seamlessly, any thoughts?
I'd rather spend my money in this direction, than with big heavy mounts on the dash and a secondary screen hanging in the wind...

Baja Bronco

Outer Banks
First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Ford Bronco, 20 Ford Raptor
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Just saw this thread. This pic is on my build thread. HDS 7.
Ford Bronco Lowrance GPS Mount? 131E5641-854D-4A00-A249-6202790F4FE3

PartsForBlue

Banned
Outer Banks
Banned
Banned
First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 Two Door
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
It’s the absolute best option for off-road gps navigation. Download detailed maps with plotted courses. Every off-road race truck uses them.
Not really. Just need an iPad mini w/ cellular (no need to subscribe, just need the GPS functionality) and LeadNav app, which is better than Lowrance and cheaper. Plus, you can use the iPad mini for other stuff, not so much the Lowrance device.

This is what is now recommended by EXO for Baja trips.

https://www.leadnavgps.com/

Last edited:

Baja Bronco

Outer Banks
First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Ford Bronco, 20 Ford Raptor
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

How is this mounted?
The DV8 bridge, I’ll take some side shots, post them up. Couple of issues, when I put it together. Had to drill out 4 new holes, then the first time, shifter didn’t clear. Bought 4 inch spacers, fits now, no rubbing.
Ford Bronco Lowrance GPS Mount? 7439A60B-11B4-44C3-9EEB-A0A11AB851BA
Ford Bronco Lowrance GPS Mount? 931DB26A-DCF2-4021-BD8B-504AFD60FB8E
Sponsored

Last edited: