First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Thats great to hear! Not that you have an issue of course but that Steve was able to diagnose it as well. For me its great to hear that I have Steve about a mile away should I have anymore issues. Glad it worked out and shows the benefit of people posting on this forum.
Hey Ray, how has the swapped in trans been working for you? This thread you started is up to 75 pages but I don't think I've seen you follow up since the Spring. Steve currently has my Bronco in the shop and was able to angle for a new trans, rather than the TSB fix, due to its young age (420 miles when it was 1st noticed.) Fingers crossed...
Sponsored

Tricky Dick

Badlands
First Name
Dick
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.TD-Distributing.com
Vehicle(s)
21 Bronco, 88 Bronco II, 03 Ford F250
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

My dealer talked with their transmission guy and confirmed they don’t have to open the trans just to order the parts. I did mention that nobody else is having to do this, but the service advisor was pretty adamant until he talked to his transition guy. Currently on the schedule for Feb 21. Depending on how many TSB’s have the issue return, I might just wait for an actual fix.
That's good they came around to it. My concern is they find other bad parts and the pre-order is all for nothing.

Jack D

Big Bend
First Name
Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
05 Jeep Liberty 6MT, 93 Explorer 2dr 5MT
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Thanks everyone for keeping this thread current- the noise started in my non-Sas Big Bend 5 days ago. Exactly as so many have described. I’ve updated the spreadsheet and will follow up after my service appointment on 1/31.

red.radar

Black Diamond
First Name
Steven
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford F250, 1978 Ford F150
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
My personal experiences with brand new vehicles from Ford:

• 2012 F150: bad relay, non functional windshield wipers
  • 2018 F150: 10 Speed Trans leaking fluid, Assembly defect and bad gasket
  • 2021 F250: Crushed wire harness causing passenger seat sensor to fail resulting in airbag light
  • 2023 Bronco: Noisy Transmission.
I have come to expect out of box defects with Ford. I guess the "Quality is Job 1" campaign must have ended. And there is an element of full me once shame on you... Fool me twice...three..four times. Gosh, I am an idiot.

Good news after the out of the box issues are resolved usually its been a trouble free product.

Last edited:

I3lackRose

Banned
Big Bend
Banned
Banned
First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Welp here starts the games. My repair order for TSB was closed because the vehicle is not at the dealership, parts are back ordered with no ETA. FORD PV CX Team told me I have to take it back to dealer to reopen the work order. WTF?

Sponsored

ASUBronco

Badlands
First Name
Anthony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2009 F150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I'll just add to this thread, I brought my 23' Badlands in for the transmission noise and they told me after talking with engineering that they need to replace the transmission and it will be 2-3 weeks until parts arrive.

The info in this forum was helpful, otherwise I may have waited too long before I brought it in.

BigHoof

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ram 2500
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I'll just add to this thread, I brought my 23' Badlands in for the transmission noise and they told me after talking with engineering that they need to replace the transmission and it will be 2-3 weeks until parts arrive.

The info in this forum was helpful, otherwise I may have waited too long before I brought it in.
Hopefully this will address your issue, I'm sure it sucks. Previously it has not but maybe there is a fix incorporated into the newest builds. 🤞

Broncogirl66

Badlands
First Name
Gia
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23" manual 2dr SAS, HPR 2" lift BDS suspenion
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Doesn't sound transmission related if the engine doesn't run at all. Likely a completely different issue. Let us know what they say either way!
the engine turns over the bronco will not moves in any gear

BigHoof

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ram 2500
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

the engine turns over the bronco will not moves in any gear
Did you try to switch the transfer case from high to low just to rule that out?

smiths65

Badlands
First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 RAM1500 BigHorn
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Heard from dealership yesterday, while during the teardown for the TSB for the 5th/6th synchros...they discovered other gearing issues.
So, more time on the lift...probably mid to late next week.

Sponsored

Bmadda

Badlands
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1990 Bronco eddie bauer
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Heard from dealership yesterday, while during the teardown for the TSB for the 5th/6th synchros...they discovered other gearing issues.
So, more time on the lift...probably mid to late next week.
Anything more technical they can share? Would the tech let you take a pic of what he sees?

smiths65

Badlands
First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 RAM1500 BigHorn
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Anything more technical they can share? Would the tech let you take a pic of what he sees?
I have asked for pics & more detail, hopefully dealership comes through with more...oil was fine, clear of shavings. Bronco only has 865miles on odometer

I3lackRose

Banned
Big Bend
Banned
Banned
First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Welp here starts the games. My repair order for TSB was closed because the vehicle is not at the dealership, parts are back ordered with no ETA. FORD PV CX Team told me I have to take it back to dealer to reopen the work order. WTF?
So got in touch with dealer and the service manager claims my order is not closed and i dont need to come back. He told me there is still a part on order but they also ordered additional pieces and parts for the job though he did not detail what. I told them the heads up that there are some people saying the noise has come back after TSB to which his response was that's interesting. I hope i dont become a pain in the ass to them but FORD needs to follow through and really fix the issue on these. How can i possibly resell a vehicle that sounds like that from the transmission.

smiths65

Badlands
First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 RAM1500 BigHorn
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
So got in touch with dealer and the service manager claims my order is not closed and i dont need to come back. He told me there is still a part on order but they also ordered additional pieces and parts for the job though he did not detail what. I told them the heads up that there are some people saying the noise has come back after TSB to which his response was that's interesting. I hope i dont become a pain in the ass to them but FORD needs to follow through and really fix the issue on these. How can i possibly resell a vehicle that sounds like that from the transmission.
I already am a pain in the ass to the dealer, Bronco has lived at the dealership for over 75% since I took delivery.

I3lackRose

Banned
Big Bend
Banned
Banned
First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

I already am a pain in the ass to the dealer, Bronco has lived at the dealership for over 75% since I took delivery.
So sorry! I love the vehicle, mostly been no issues but these transmission issues are
pretty crappy to have to deal with so early. Hopefully these vehicles will be nothing but reliable once we work through some early adoptor issues.
Sponsored