Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ram 2500
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Yikes!
Today they let me know that the transmission is on "back order" and they're not sure how long it will take. The customer service person said they would try to get the new transmission expedited.

The $1,200 markup stings even more since I only had the car in my position for 48 hours.
Still, I'm hoping for the best. 🤢
Maybe they are finally getting wise and will update them before putting more bad ones out into the field.
Sponsored

CapeCodCash

Badlands
First Name
T
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23 Bronco and 14 Raptor
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Yikes!
Today they let me know that the transmission is on "back order" and they're not sure how long it will take. The customer service person said they would try to get the new transmission expedited.

The $1,200 markup stings even more since I only had the car in my possession for 48 hours.
Why are these vehicles needing a new transmission even being given to the customer? It shouldn’t be the responsibility of the customer to say HEY! What’s that grinding noise? Nobody heard it at the factory? Nobody heard it at the dealership? 🤬

CapeCodCash

Badlands
First Name
T
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23 Bronco and 14 Raptor
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

BigHoof

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ram 2500
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Why are these vehicles needing a new transmission even being given to the customer? It shouldn’t be the responsibility of the customer to say HEY! What’s that grinding noise? Nobody heard it at the factory? Nobody heard it at the dealership? 🤬
And then they will wonder why there are still $2 billion in warranty repairs.

Fold

Badlands
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco, Kia EV6, Mach E, Miata
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Are you saying that Abby, Ford Social Media Team, is an obnoxious Ford bot? ......" obnoxious bots who keep inserting themselves into quality conversations here"
Yep, I sure am. They certainly succeeded in getting my hopes up that someone at Ford actually cares about the quality of the vehicles they produce, but ultimately the answer bots/Ford customer care just wasted my time and only succeeded in making me angrier.

Sponsored

I3lackRose

Banned
Big Bend
Banned
Banned
First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Yikes!

The $1,200 markup stings even more since I only had the car in my possession for 48 hours.
What's the $1200 mark up for?

Beautalkz

Black Diamond
First Name
Beau
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

CapeCodCash

Badlands
First Name
T
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23 Bronco and 14 Raptor
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Yep, I sure am. They certainly succeeded in getting my hopes up that someone at Ford actually cares about the quality of the vehicles they produce, but ultimately the answer bots/Ford customer care just wasted my time and only succeeded in making me angrier.
I kept seeing the same “canned” response to other posts across the forum from a Ford account. Responding to members saying they want to help and you give them your info. Did they open a Case for you?
And then they will wonder why there are still $2 billion in warranty repairs.
I feel like I’ve been slimed after waiting 878 days and then have to be sleezed over and deceived by dishonest Sales and Finance only to jump into a broken $60k vehicle. I need a shower to get the stink off.

Sponsored

Beautalkz

Black Diamond
First Name
Beau
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I definitely recommend reaching out to Ford care. They'll really open a case on your behalf. I'm not sure if there's anything they can do since it seems like the production of the transmission may temporarily be on hold. At the very least it further documents the cars trouble. To go beyond them is almost impossible. You have to write a letter and send it to the Ford consumer affairs PO box and wait up to 90 days for a response. For what it's worth the Ford Care person I'm working with is really sweet and seems truly disheartened by my situation.

Last edited:

SVTLightning

Badlands
First Name
Christian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Titan
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Mine is booked in Thursday for the tsb diag. See where it goes from there. Starting to be happy she’s a lease at this point. Ranger raptor next!

I3lackRose

Banned
Big Bend
Banned
Banned
First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

I kept seeing the same “canned” response to other posts across the forum from a Ford account. Responding to members saying they want to help and you give them your info. Did they open a Case for you?

I feel like I’ve been slimed after waiting 878 days and then have to be sleezed over and deceived by dishonest Sales and Finance only to jump into a broken $60k vehicle. I need a shower to get the stink off.
Really is tragic but I guess the fact it seems all transmission production and parts are on hold, they might actually be looking at fixing the issue? There are enough out there that I don't think they can ignore it. Now performance issues arising with myself and others. I'm sure even the dealers are like wtf? They have to deal with our pain. Too many out there making the noise. First thing all of us ask each other in the wild. "Does yours make the noise?"

Lowcountry Bronco

Heritage
First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Ranger and Toyota FJ Cruiser
Your Bronco Model
Heritage
Clubs

Really is tragic but I guess the fact it seems all transmission production and parts are on hold, they might actually be looking at fixing the issue? There are enough out there that I don't think they can ignore it. Now performance issues arising with myself and others. I'm sure even the dealers are like wtf? They have to deal with our pain. Too many out there making the noise. First thing all of us ask each other in the wild. "Does yours make the noise?"
How did this jump from a replacement transmission being on back order to all transmission production and parts being on hold? Where's that news coming from?

I'm scheduled for April and yes I want it right from the line so I'll gladly wait for it if true.
Sponsored