Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Update on mine. Took it to the dealership a month or so ago because my replacement transmission from this fall began making the noise again after a few hundred miles. Dealer and I decided on another new transmission due to TSB parts being on back order and the TSB was not a proven fix (neither is the replacement trans, so take that how you will). New transmission came in and I dropped the bronco off today for replacement. This will be my second replacement- third transmission total including original transmission. I’m not super hopeful that it will fix the noise, but we’ll see. I’ll update everyone when I get it back and drive it a few hundred miles. One can always hope right?
Continuously replacing Tranny's isn't a "proven fix" either as you have proven. Why wouldn't you just wait until there is one rather than continuously dropping off your vehicle and having to be without it? Are you having performance issues in addition? Just curious about the logic.
Sponsored

djp

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
djp
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Badlands 4dr || '21 Bronco Sport BigBend
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I'm re-confirming in another part of the country, but looks like if they take apart your transmission, and you have a cracked plastic spacer ring, MU7Z*7C419* it has an official backorder date of May 15th.

I will update with post when i re-confirm.

My bronco has been waiting on this part since Jan 10, as my Bronco has been there since Jan 4...

Ducati1098

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Wildtrak, 2012 Ford Fusion
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I'm re-confirming in another part of the country, but looks like if they take apart your transmission, and you have a cracked plastic spacer ring, MU7Z*7C419* it has an official backorder date of May 15th.

My bronco has been waiting on this part since Jan 10, as my Bronco has been there since Jan 4...
Just to clarify, this part is not included or normally replaced during the TSB.
I know you already know this, I just wanted to be sure everyone else understood this.

It just unfortunately ended up being damage in your transmission in addition to the normal TSB parts.

Reactions: djp

Tricky Dick

Badlands
First Name
Dick
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.TD-Distributing.com
Vehicle(s)
21 Bronco, 88 Bronco II, 03 Ford F250
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Check my post out, part is MU7Z-7107 D
Great news. A lot of hand wringing for nothing, looks like they're coming through in the end

Are you seeing a new part number for the entire transmission? Should be able to check the tag to see if it has the updated parts. Might be too new of an update though.

I see that the price has dropped if someone wanted to play around with one. Was about $4,000, now showing just shy of $1,800.
That's a heck of a deal for a new transmission. Almost makes me want to keep one on the shelf. What's the part number on the assembly?

That's just awful, sorry man. You can see why I'm not going to let them touch it until this settles down or I have a complete failure.

Chippewa-Pin

Badlands
First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Santa Fe, Tucson, Z4, T/A
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Thanks, I see it now. The parts catalog apparently hasn’t been updated yet. I had to look elsewhere.

Good to know they finally updated the part.
Let’s hope it fixes these concerns!

723004A6-3C0D-445F-A56F-E4892C5742D9.jpeg
Update for my TSB fix next week... The service guy just confirmed that they have the 'C' part so I won't be taking it in next week. The 'D' part should be in by the end of the month.

Thanks guys! That probably saved me from not having my Bronco for 3 weeks while the transmission was torn apart waiting for the revised part.

Last edited:

Sponsored

BigHoof

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ram 2500
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

That's a heck of a deal for a new transmission. Almost makes me want to keep one on the shelf. What's the part number on the assembly?
Here is a link but this one shows #7003. Also says backordered. Might just be a pricing glitch before the updated ones make it to the website. A week or so back it showed a few bucks under $4,000 for the same part. I'm assuming it will get a new Rev or part number being something internal has changed so they can keep track.

https://parts.ford.com/shop/en/us/body/other-trim-parts/transmission-assembly-14756827-1?pdp=y

Tricky Dick

Badlands
First Name
Dick
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.TD-Distributing.com
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Here is a link but this one shows #7003. Also says backordered. Might just be a pricing glitch before the updated ones make it to the website. A week or so back it showed a few bucks under $4,000 for the same part. I'm assuming it will get a new Rev or part number being something internal has changed so they can keep track.

https://parts.ford.com/shop/en/us/body/other-trim-parts/transmission-assembly-14756827-1?pdp=y
So the full part number must be MB3Z-7003-A. Are they perhaps blowing them out to make way for MB3Z-7003-B?

Just under $1500 here:

https://www.tascaparts.com/oem-parts/ford-transmission-mb3z7003a?c=az0x

BigHoof

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ram 2500
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Ducati1098

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I don’t think it’s a glitch. The Ford parts catalog shows the same pricing.

$1,766.67 retail
$1,325 dealer cost
$600 core.

BigHoof

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ram 2500
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

$1,766.67 retail
$1,325 dealer cost
$600 core.
Would it have dropped that much from $4,000 a week or so ago? Seems really odd.

Sponsored

Tricky Dick

Badlands
First Name
Dick
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.TD-Distributing.com
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

$1,766.67 retail
$1,325 dealer cost
$600 core.
Do you think the core charge is likely to ever go away?

Ducati1098

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Would it have dropped that much from $4,000 a week or so ago? Seems really odd.
I'm honestly not sure. I never really deal with parts/parts pricing.

Ducati1098

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

BigHoof

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ram 2500
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

UM_Ftown

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
98 5.9, 01 XJ
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Thanks, I see it now. The parts catalog apparently hasn’t been updated yet. I had to look elsewhere.

Good to know they finally updated the part.
Let’s hope it fixes these concerns!

723004A6-3C0D-445F-A56F-E4892C5742D9.jpeg
Are any of the part numbers within the revision D different than C?
Sponsored