First Name
George
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 F-150 XLT crew w/2.7L
Your Bronco Model
Base
IMHO, I do not see a buy back of every MT, what would be gained, they would still have to fix them, then resell, no way would they go to the crusher. Ford has a history, as do ALL manufactures, with problematic issues, some extreme, some not so much. Back in the '70 Ford's imfamos Boss 302 cracked piston shirts, requiring new pistons or short block replacement was a major black eye. Past transmission problems as recently as the Gertag MT82, virtually identical issues - https://www.caranddriver.com/news/a32828840/ford-mustang-transmission-class-action-lawsuit/

Relax, Ford will make good, they recognize this problem that's a big step forward.
Honestly that makes some sense - they will likely replace all of the manual Transmission broncos transmissions with the new part # at some point to minimize any liability for longterm damage caused by driving around these rock crushers - with say 30,000 manual broncos out there this will likely take 9-12 months to replace them All before installing in new builds which means it's hit or miss if they would offer it in 2024 especially at the start of the model year. Of course the alternative accounting and management decide this is a lost cause and you have some sort of buyback. We will see, I am enjoying my vehicle for now even if it makes some extra noise and doesn't shift like butter sometimes
Our '22 base 2 dr stick has 2800 miles on; wife drives mostly. I saw the posts/TSB, etc., we both heard grinding/rattling sounds, took in Feb. 12. Dealer ordered parts per TSB; finally all parts were on hand this past week; some issue with "old synchronizers opposed to new (2 parts vs 1 each??".....'anyway" long ass wait/saga= Ford authorized/shipping NEW TRANS from Pennsylvania to arrive sometime next week. Dealer tech has to reassemble our defective tranny to ship back t Ford, first. So, I recall a thread either on this forum, some competitor?, where "a dealer initially told the 'victim' (ex.=me) you're getting a new trans....." Ford doing right thing? Sure. But appears to me that TSB was a lost cause, nice try, etc to avoid the new tranny. Vendor maybe bad source? Lesson to Ford?= Quality never costs-it always pays. One of our sons had a '21 same engine/trans---no problems? Who knows? This has been a huge inconvenience to us; and, seriously a black eye going forward for Ford going forward=Our last 3 Ford purchases (F-250; F-150; and this one) have had multiple recalls....maybe look closer at Ram next time around? Once upon a time I would have never considered that:)))
Sponsored

rodskies

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco, 1994 Miata
Your Bronco Model
Base
Just got back from another early morning at the dealership. My special order TSB parts are in for the transmission rebuild, but the next available appointment is May 16th. What a sour old lemon this Bronco has become.

Had them replace a seal on the hardtop, as there was water coming in and dripping on both sides of the rear side window sills. I am doubtful this is the source of the leak(s), but I guess we'll see.

SPITmadFIRE

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Our '22 base 2 dr stick has 2800 miles on; wife drives mostly. I saw the posts/TSB, etc., we both heard grinding/rattling sounds, took in Feb. 12. Dealer ordered parts per TSB; finally all parts were on hand this past week; some issue with "old synchronizers opposed to new (2 parts vs 1 each??".....'anyway" long ass wait/saga= Ford authorized/shipping NEW TRANS from Pennsylvania to arrive sometime next week. Dealer tech has to reassemble our defective tranny to ship back t Ford, first. So, I recall a thread either on this forum, some competitor?, where "a dealer initially told the 'victim' (ex.=me) you're getting a new trans....." Ford doing right thing? Sure. But appears to me that TSB was a lost cause, nice try, etc to avoid the new tranny. Vendor maybe bad source? Lesson to Ford?= Quality never costs-it always pays. One of our sons had a '21 same engine/trans---no problems? Who knows? This has been a huge inconvenience to us; and, seriously a black eye going forward for Ford going forward=Our last 3 Ford purchases (F-250; F-150; and this one) have had multiple recalls....maybe look closer at Ram next time around? Once upon a time I would have never considered that:)))
I struggled to decipher most of this, but if you’re new to the issue, that new transmission will probably still grind and rattle. They were correct (and I’m surprised the service center even said anything) that there is a new version of the part in the TSB that causes the grinding, and we’re all hopeful that the new revision part solves the issue.

Essentially:
  • TSB with old part (-C revision): BAD
  • Replacing transmission with identical part number (-A revision): BAD
  • TSB with new part (-D revision): MAYBE GOOD
  • Replacing transmission with new part number (-E revision): UNKNOWN

Last edited:

Stlrfan152

Base
First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
75C5 16Prius 2dr base sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Base
I finally heard from ford about the buy back, it will basically cover what my states lemon law covers. It should only take 2 to 3 weeks if everything goes smooth. Today is 14weeks without the car and it looks like itll be 2 more months, so i think this will be the end for me.

Brok3nBronco

Banned
Black Diamond
Banned
Banned
First Name
Jade Oliver
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I finally heard from ford about the buy back, it will basically cover what my states lemon law covers. It should only take 2 to 3 weeks if everything goes smooth. Today is 14weeks without the car and it looks like itll be 2 more months, so i think this will be the end for me.
Don't blame you at all. Who wants a $50k headache & after the wait just to get it? I'm gunna hang in until June and if im still on the "NO ETA" list then FORD can send it to the shredder and Ill go buy a Tundra.

Sponsored

Off road enthusiast

Badlands
First Name
Agi
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Don't blame you at all. Who wants a $50k headache & after the wait just to get it? I'm gunna hang in until June and if im still on the "NO ETA" list then FORD can send it to the shredder and Ill go buy a Tundra.
On the same boat here.. I waited more than 2 years, and paid $57K to get my 'headache".

CyberOrangeBadlands

Badlands
First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘22 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Have a 2DR 2022 Badlands with MT - took delivery in November 2022.

Started noticing the grinding/scraping noise around 1,000 miles on cold starts.

Brought it in today for my 1st oil change at 3,200 miles. Had previously called Ford about it and was assigned a Case# and TSB for the transmission. Bronco shifts/drives/performs well.

Service tech stated they have not had any issues involving the transmission yet - but they’ve started to receive calls about it.

Tech immediately heard the noise & ordered all the parts for repair (per the TSB).
They could not give me a time table on when they would receive the parts.
Will call me when all the parts arrive.
Told me it was safe to drive.

Glad to have the issue documented and parts ordered. But no estimated date is a bit concerning.

For now, I just going to enjoy the ride.

gtabert

Badlands
First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 gt350r / '65 f100 / '99 Silverado / '15 VW TDI
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Have a 2DR 2022 Badlands with MT - took delivery in November 2022.

Started noticing the grinding/scraping noise around 1,000 miles on cold starts.

Brought it in today for my 1st oil change at 3,200 miles. Had previously called Ford about it and was assigned a Case# and TSB for the transmission. Bronco shifts/drives/performs well.

Service tech stated they have not had any issues involving the transmission yet - but they’ve started to receive calls about it.

Tech immediately heard the noise & ordered all the parts for repair (per the TSB).
They could not give me a time table on when they would receive the parts.
Will call me when all the parts arrive.
Told me it was safe to drive.

Glad to have the issue documented and parts ordered. But no estimated date is a bit concerning.

For now, I just going to enjoy the ride.
I will make the dealer aware of the issue in my Bronco at my 5k oil change which will take place in two weeks. I believe this problem is across the board, until there is a proven history to back up the repair, parts or new transmission, I'm not going to allow the dealership to make any attempted repair. IMO its just a waste of time for myself and dealer to do anything that is nothing more than throwing darts at a board.

CyberOrangeBadlands

Badlands
First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘22 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I will make the dealer aware of the issue in my Bronco at my 5k oil change which will take place in two weeks. I believe this problem is across the board, until there is a proven history to back up the repair, parts or new transmission, I'm not going to allow the dealership to make any attempted repair. IMO its just a waste of time for myself and dealer to do anything that is nothing more than throwing darts at a board.
Agreed.

Only thing we can do is make them aware of it, order the parts, and hope they figure this out.

Get in line - the sooner the better imo.

In the meantime just enjoy the ride.

Brok3nBronco

Banned
Black Diamond
Banned
Banned
First Name
Jade Oliver
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

181 pages, several buybacks, no working fix, 3 model years with the issue, large majority of produced have the issue. LMAO I have 0 faith in FORD at the moment. They can't even give the dealers a straight story. 🙈🙉🙊

Sponsored

Ducati1098

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Wildtrak, 2012 Ford Fusion
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

181 pages, several buybacks, no working fix, 3 model years with the issue, large majority of produced have the issue. LMAO I have 0 faith in FORD at the moment. They can't even give the dealers a straight story. 🙈🙉🙊
Several buy backs? I’ve seen a few people talking, but haven’t seen any actually have one bought back yet 🤷‍♂️

Regardless, the new parts are just now being released. May want to hold judgement until we see if they’ve fix the issue.

gtabert

Badlands
First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 gt350r / '65 f100 / '99 Silverado / '15 VW TDI
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I may have missed the buyback, help me recollect please. It's not that Ford has given up, they know an issue exists, IMO this is a tough issue to resolve, they do not want to throw another failed repair out there. The last attempt failed, which has cost them a great deal of money and embarrassment in that failure. I understand many who are anxious and fed up, patcience is a virtue, if one has had enough then look into a buy back or sell it.

dejones64

Black Diamond
First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco 2-dr Black Diamond
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Now with the warmer weather here in MN, I don't hear the sound anymore. Now gotta wait until next winter to bring it in to Ford to do the listen check.

Tricky Dick

Badlands
First Name
Dick
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.TD-Distributing.com
Vehicle(s)
21 Bronco, 88 Bronco II, 03 Ford F250
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Now with the warmer weather here in MN, I don't hear the sound anymore. Now gotta wait until next winter to bring it in to Ford to do the listen check.
Mine has disappeared in the last week as well as it warmed up.

The dealer called yesterday and said my TSB parts are still on back order. At least that should guarantee them to be Ds right?

dejones64

Black Diamond
First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco 2-dr Black Diamond
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Mine has disappeared in the last week as well as it warmed up.

The dealer called yesterday and said my TSB parts are still on back order. At least that should guarantee them to be Ds right?
Let's hope, hope it fixes the problem.

My dealer didn't even bother ordering. Said to come back when parts are available, then we'll take a listen to the sound. At least I have the extended warranty to get me to next winter. :ROFLMAO:
Sponsored