Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ram 2500
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Did you show the Parts Dept the 2 screenshots that had the Merchandiser Remarks "ORDERS TO BE PLACED ON NEW LEVEL: MB3Z7003-E"? I was going to talk to my Parts Dept today and show them the images, but I don't want to look like a donkey either....
The bigger question is why are they still shipping out the A version of the transmission. The new updated E version showed up the end of March. No excuse for an A to be shipping into May.
Sponsored

Big T

Base
First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco Manual Transmision
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Back when Ford was advising people to drop certain constrained items, it would have been nice if Ford also clued us in there was a possible issue with the manual trans. Would have allowed the customers to make a more informed decision when ordering/buying. I wasn't aware of the extent, else I'd have likely switched to an auto and different build config.
Yes that would have been nice. In fact, I bought from Carvana instead of ordering during the March 24 hour order bank opening BECAUSE I wanted an manual transmission, which they curiously did not offer this year! if I could turn back time!

SPITmadFIRE

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
—
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Does Ford have an outlet that is bringing this MT issue to everyone's attention? I bought my 2022 MT Bronco from Carvana last month with 56 miles and in less that a week and 300 miles the grinding began. Had I been aware of this issue, which appears to be a design flaw with no current fix in sight, I would have avoided the MT and gone with an automatic. It is too bad that Ford is not more transparent on this issue. I would feel much better if I at least had regular updates on the progress for a solution. Is there any information out there?
We are the information. Ford does not disclose anything about mechanical problems until they have a potential fix (TSB) or result in a recall

BigHoof

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ram 2500
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Yes that would have been nice. In fact, I bought from Carvana instead of ordering during the March 24 hour order bank opening BECAUSE I wanted an manual transmission, which they curiously did not offer this year! if I could turn back time!
They did build thousands of manuals this year and continue to do so. They just capped the new orders along with the Base and a few other options due to changeovers at the plant.

It will work out in time. Always remember there has not been a single instance of a manual leaving a person stranded somewhere. Noisy yes but a complete failure, not that I have seen. There is a new transmission update. When the data comes in on the update fixing the issue then make plans to get yours looked at while under warranty. Sucks yes but at least there is light at the end of the tunnel. The manual is a blast to drive!

Brok3nBronco

Banned
Black Diamond
Banned
Banned
First Name
Jade Oliver
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

They did build thousands of manuals this year and continue to do so. They just capped the new orders along with the Base and a few other options due to changeovers at the plant.

It will work out in time. Always remember there has not been a single instance of a manual leaving a person stranded somewhere. Noisy yes but a complete failure, not that I have seen. There is a new transmission update. When the data comes in on the update fixing the issue then make plans to get yours looked at while under warranty. Sucks yes but at least there is light at the end of the tunnel. The manual is a blast to drive!
not stuck stranded but stuck on the dealers lot. Fun to drive until you aren't allowed to drive it like the couple reported here working through buybacks.

FORD Give me a reason to believe you even care!

Sponsored

gtabert

Badlands
First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 gt350r / '65 f100 / '99 Silverado / '15 VW TDI
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Haven't visited this in a while, looks like no change to date, same old, same old. Talked to my dealer service manager at my 5k mile oil change, he was totally unaware of it, he looked up the TSB no mention of '23 MY yet. He said Ford tells them very little and at times is embarrassed when a customer tells him about issues, he knows nothing about. I'm going to bring them my ProCal to install, he said to bring in any back info I have for him to review. Is there any summary history put together on this topic from past to present that I can pass along, I loathe the fact I may have to dig backwards through 200 pages. Any help is appreciated.

FYI - love the manual, no intentions of trading, selling or buy back, IMO, this will be resolved at some point.

Thanks Gentlemen

indio22

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'72 Rover, '85 CJ7, '98 TJ, '14 BRZ, '23 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
Haven't visited this in a while, looks like no change to date, same old, same old. Talked to my dealer service manager at my 5k mile oil change, he was totally unaware of it, he looked up the TSB no mention of '23 MY yet. He said Ford tells them very little and at times is embarrassed when a customer tells him about issues, he knows nothing about. I'm going to bring them my ProCal to install, he said to bring in any back info I have for him to review. Is there any summary history put together on this topic from past to present that I can pass along, I loathe the fact I may have to dig backwards through 200 pages. Any help is appreciated.

FYI - love the manual, no intentions of trading, selling or buy back, IMO, this will be resolved at some point.

Thanks Gentlemen
I recall you just got your Bronco a few months ago? Sounds like you put quite a few miles on it since. Has the grumbling noise gotten worse for your transmission? Or any other issues with it?

gtabert

Badlands
First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 gt350r / '65 f100 / '99 Silverado / '15 VW TDI
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I recall you just got your Bronco a few months ago? Sounds like you put quite a few miles on it since. Has the grumbling noise gotten worse for your transmission? Or any other issues with it?
Going on month 3 of ownership May 11, I currently have 6,800 miles, I drive a lot to work sites and office daily. Love it thoroughly, gets a lot of compliments. The noise started a bit into the milage, nothing super annoying other than its there and hope to get it fixed. Its gotten a bit noiser over time from when I first noticed it. Now thats its warmer its remained evident, has not dissapeared. Its there no matter time of day, at low speed from stop and go in traffic. I did buy a ten year 125k ESP from Ford (through Grainger), more so for long term electronic gremlins than this issue, but it does provide peace of mind knowing through 125k miles I'm covered.

UM_Ftown

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
98 5.9, 01 XJ
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I finally got mine back after 37 days for TSB repair. I specifically asked prior to dropping it off and still waiting for all the parts that Ford revised the part number for parts in the TSB and to make sure it’s the correct revision. Got a call a couple days later said all parts were in to drop it off and I asked again if they were the updated parts and I was told yeah, likely why they came in so quick after I asked about the revision.

Well reviewing my paperwork right now it’s the old part number so pretty bummed. All I know is that if / when the noise does come back I’m going to keep driving the crap out of it until there’s an actual fix. Not going through all that again, it’s such a nice driving vehicle, even with the noise, I don’t want to be without it for over a month again. Think I’m going to call Ford again and complain.

Last edited:

93BRONCO22

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Various
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
indio22 said:
Wait you are the one guy with the mythical D ring installed? We are all counting on you, please no noises!
—————————-

——————-——-
Service invoice with -D highlighted on p.2:
f3ad380c-88ef-439f-a70c-c6d2e8808667-jpeg.jpg

dc266601-bf70-4eb9-8751-86b155a367ab-jpeg.jpg

—————————-

update:
I’m now at ~700 miles since the TSB with the -D.
crazy weather around here the past 2 weeks (30s to mid 80s)

All continues to go well. I have not had any issue. No grinding & it’s shifting well.

I’ll continue to update…. Quote & reply are not cooperating, so I hope this cobbled cut & paste is ok)
————————
Update:
I just hit 1200 miles on the TSB with -D

Things are going well. The sound has not returned and it’s shifting smoothly.

It’s been in the 30s overnight the past week, so I’ve had several cold morning starts.

more to come…

Sponsored

BronkedUp413

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
13 Volvo S-60, 13 Ford Fusion, 16 Subaru Outback
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
————————
Update:

It’s been in the 30s overnight the past week, so I’ve had several cold morning starts.

more to come…
This is very encouraging.

ToddGreen

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco 2022
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
————————
Update:

more to come…
Excellent!

paperboy

Badlands
First Name
Nelson
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Passport
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
————————
Update:

more to come…
Thanks for the update - appreciate it!

BOLD Renegade93

Black Diamond
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco Black Diamond
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I got mine back today after having the TSB done. My service manager previously said that the -C revision had been superseded by the -D revision part and told me that I would be receiving the new part. Upon checking the invoice at pickup, I noticed they installed a new -C part. He told me that he checked with his parts manager and they confirmed that it still showed the -C rings as being correct for my build date and the -D rings were applicable for later build dates. It doesn’t even seem that the model years are the delineating factor but rather build date ranges. Additionally, the service manager said that the old parts appeared to not be machined smoothly on the edges, almost like there were raw metal imperfections on the synchro rings that nobody filed down prior to installation. He said that the new parts they installed looked much better than the old ones and were smooth on the edges. His guess is that all of the bad synchro rings installed at the MAP had the same issue as they were installed as-received and not smoothed out prior to installation. I obviously can’t confirm or deny that but it makes sense.

All of that being said, for the afternoon I’ve had it back, I haven’t heard any noises and the transmission seems to shift smoother than before. Mine was one of the transmissions making the grinding noise at all temps, hot or cold. Time will tell how it holds up but I like how it feels so far. There were times prior to the TSB being done that it shifted so rough that I began to believe I had forgotten how to drive a manual. How it felt today seems like how it should have felt the entire time.

Best of luck to all of you in this journey!

Karl_in_Chicago

Badlands
First Name
Karl
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
————————
Update:

more to come…
Ford Bronco Manual transmission scraping noise / grinding sound 1683257264237
Sponsored