Karl
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I just got an e-mail from Ford (underlines my own):

"My name is Daniel with Ford Motor Company. I have received your case, and after further review, I checked with the dealer hand your part has been properly escalated, as soon as it is available it will direct ship to the dealer. I am sorry for any incontinence this may cause

Thank you for being a loyal Ford customer"

I mean, I am upset, but not that level of upset. :poop:
On the positive side at least you know that was a real person and not a bot. ;)
Sponsored

cpmartin1999

Badlands
First Name
chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Badlands, 2020 VW Atlas
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I recall you just got your Bronco a few months ago? Sounds like you put quite a few miles on it since. Has the grumbling noise gotten worse for your transmission? Or any other issues with it?
i have 20K miles, been making the noise from the start, knock on wood noise is same as ever, actually if i wasnt on this forum im not sure i would have noticed it, and im sure if it were my wifes car she wouldnt have noticed it, the noise is there for sure just have to turn radio off and air off to hear it and goes away very quick as it warms??

Chippewa-Pin

Badlands
First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Santa Fe, Tucson, Z4, T/A
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Just got my Bronco back after the TSB. Dealer confirmed up front that it was the rev -D synchros and confirmed on the paperwork.

So far so good... no noise. I'll update in another week. 🤞

Ford Bronco Manual transmission scraping noise / grinding sound TSB
🤞

Ducati1098

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Wildtrak, 2012 Ford Fusion
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Long time follower here, but I had to finally make an account because I had a question. My Bronco was just built a few weeks ago. Do we know what part they are putting in the Manuals from the Factory now?
Nobody will know that. You’ll have to check the part number tag on your transmission to see if it’s the old version or the new one.

I’d be willing to bet it’s still the old one.

pizzy

Base
First Name
larry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 bronco base
Your Bronco Model
Base
The TSB came out back in December of 2022 I think?
The causal part (5th/6th gear synchro) listed in the TSB ( MU7Z-7107-C) was the exact same synchro that the vehicle was built with from the factory, which is why many of the people that had the TSB done have had the noise come back... nothing was changed, basically replacing the same part that failed originally.

Fast forward to about a month ago, and Ford has revised the part and superseded it with the MU7Z-7107-D revision. There are only a few people that have had the new revised part installed, but so far it looks promising as far as repairing the issue.

The transmission assembly part number has also been revised to MB3Z-7003-E, changed from MB3Z-7003-A, I'm assuming because they also now have the revised parts in them. However, to my knowledge, nobody has received the updated transmission. These are still currently listed as backordered.

As far as being a '23 and not being listed on the TSB, this is mainly just because Ford has not updated the TSB yet. I'm guessing they will eventually, but either way this makes no difference. It doesn't need to have the TSB to have the issue fixed. It would just need to be claimed as a normal transmission repair.

If I was the technician working on your vehicle at Harvard Ford, I would verify the noise then order a brand new transmission under the low time in service policy as the TSB doesn't apply to yours technically. This way you would have a new updated -E transmission on order and in the meantime you could continue to drive it until it came in.
In response to the last parargraph thats exactly what my dealer has done for me. I took my 2023 2 door base to my dealer back at the end of Feb. with 250 miles on the odometer. They verified the issue and due to low miles in service ordered me a new tranny at that time the A version was the only one available, it arrived about a month later and since I became aware of the new E version i told the dealer i did not want the old version installed and would like them to order the new version. Well i got a call yesterday from the dealer as well as the ford person working on my issue to let me know that the E version was enroute to the packer and would arrive on the 10th and from there it will be shipped out to my dealer for install. hope what they are telling me is accurate but i should know shortly.

Sponsored

Adventure_bronco

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
Does anyone know if the issues is fixed or E version is installed on newer builds?
I am considering to buy a bronco with 2023 04 24 blend date

Ducati1098

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Wildtrak, 2012 Ford Fusion
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Does anyone know if the issues is fixed or E version is installed on newer builds?
Nobody knows. There are no -E transmissions out yet to my knowledge.

BigHoof

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ram 2500
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

The problem with them wearing smooth is then you would have more clearance.
Doubtful but you can easily see the tag on the transmission.

turbotaz

Badlands
First Name
Stas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
4dr Badlands 7mt
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Picked mine up today after about 3 weeks in the shop. Repair was done in 1 week, but then when they put the trans back they noticed reverse and crawler wasn't working. Turned out to be an issue with the crawler gear synchro (probably caused by the repair itself) - so they had to take it back out and replace that. Paperwork has C parts but they confirmed it was D parts. Seems to be nice and quiet but it is also warm now. We'll see in the fall how it all holds up but fingers crossed.

indio22

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'72 Rover, '85 CJ7, '98 TJ, '14 BRZ, '23 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
Picked mine up today after about 3 weeks in the shop. Repair was done in 1 week, but then when they put the trans back they noticed reverse and crawler wasn't working. Turned out to be an issue with the crawler gear synchro (probably caused by the repair itself) - so they had to take it back out and replace that. Paperwork has C parts but they confirmed it was D parts. Seems to be nice and quiet but it is also warm now. We'll see in the fall how it all holds up but fingers crossed.
That speaks to one of my concerns, even if there eventually is a legit fix, who's messing around inside my new car transmission, and how well does he know what he's doing. If the "E" transmission ends up fixing the issue, I'd rather get that entire new trans swapped in, instead of some guy monkeying around trying to install a "D" synchro.

Sponsored

turbotaz

Badlands
First Name
Stas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
4dr Badlands 7mt
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

That speaks to one of my concerns, even if there eventually is a legit fix, who's messing around inside my new car transmission, and how well does he know what he's doing. If the "E" transmission ends up fixing the issue, I'd rather get that entire new trans swapped in, instead of some guy monkeying around trying to install a "D" synchro.
It is going to be under powertrain warranty for 5 years - and I am not planning on keeping it longer than that, so as long as the fix works, it doesn't matter to me how it gets there. At the end of the day - they made sure everything was fine before I got it back, and that's all that matters.

indio22

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'72 Rover, '85 CJ7, '98 TJ, '14 BRZ, '23 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
It is going to be under powertrain warranty for 5 years - and I am not planning on keeping it longer than that, so as long as the fix works, it doesn't matter to me how it gets there. At the end of the day - they made sure everything was fine before I got it back, and that's all that matters.
I tend to keep vehicles a lot longer than that. And I ordered with manual trans in particular, due to the long service life I've gotten from my other manual vehicles, in one case over 200,000 miles.

If some guy is messing around inside the trans, I'm going to want it all back perfect in terms of tolerances and such. Hopefully everyone who has their trans opened, gets a first rate tech with good manual trans knowledge and skill working on it.

Bmadda

Badlands
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1990 Bronco eddie bauer
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Nobody knows. There are no -E transmissions out yet to my knowledge.
My -E trans is sitting in parts at the dealer that's gonna install it. My buddy verified that it is the -E part # (I told him if that's not what shows up, then we might wana hold off). I'm dropping it off by them wed 5/17. We shall see!

Brok3nBronco

Banned
Black Diamond
Banned
Banned
First Name
Jade Oliver
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

My -E trans is sitting in parts at the dealer that's gonna install it. My buddy verified that it is the -E part # (I told him if that's not what shows up, then we might wana hold off). I'm dropping it off by them wed 5/17. We shall see!
LMAO that first line had to second take .. thought they ripped open your new E trans.... My dealers been sitting on 2 of the TSB repairs better part of 2 weeks with no updates? Would be nice to know if I'm getting a new transmission or how long I'm gunna have to continue to be Broncoless. 😫

gtabert

Badlands
First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 gt350r / '65 f100 / '99 Silverado / '15 VW TDI
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Great News, Good for you

Please keep us posted
Sponsored