First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 BD 2dr 7MT CG, '18 Indian Chieftain
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
The TSB came out back in December of 2022 I think?
The causal part (5th/6th gear synchro) listed in the TSB ( MU7Z-7107-C) was the exact same synchro that the vehicle was built with from the factory, which is why many of the people that had the TSB done have had the noise come back... nothing was changed, basically replacing the same part that failed originally.

Fast forward to about a month ago, and Ford has revised the part and superseded it with the MU7Z-7107-D revision. There are only a few people that have had the new revised part installed, but so far it looks promising as far as repairing the issue.

The transmission assembly part number has also been revised to MB3Z-7003-E, changed from MB3Z-7003-A, I'm assuming because they also now have the revised parts in them. However, to my knowledge, nobody has received the updated transmission. These are still currently listed as backordered.

As far as being a '23 and not being listed on the TSB, this is mainly just because Ford has not updated the TSB yet. I'm guessing they will eventually, but either way this makes no difference. It doesn't need to have the TSB to have the issue fixed. It would just need to be claimed as a normal transmission repair.

If I was the technician working on your vehicle at Harvard Ford, I would verify the noise then order a brand new transmission under the low time in service policy as the TSB doesn't apply to yours technically. This way you would have a new updated -E transmission on order and in the meantime you could continue to drive it until it came in.
I read this after sending you a PM. Hopefully this will help my situation too.
Sponsored

Ford Motor Company

First Edition
Official Ford Account
First Name
Ford
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco, Bronco Sport
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
i have 20K miles, been making the noise from the start, knock on wood noise is same as ever, actually if i wasnt on this forum im not sure i would have noticed it, and im sure if it were my wifes car she wouldnt have noticed it, the noise is there for sure just have to turn radio off and air off to hear it and goes away very quick as it warms??
Hi there! Will you send us a message with your VIN and your local Ford dealer? I can look into things on my end.

CrestonBronco

Big Bend
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
My Bronco only has 1600 miles on it and the noise showed up on the second day. The dealer I purchased from ordered me a new transmission once they heard the noise. They worked hard to escalate with Ford and found that the -E transmission was the part to order. It just came in to the dealer and is in the parts department. I hopefully will have the replacement scheduled in the next couple of weeks.

Emily

Big Bend
First Name
Emily
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1998 Ford F150
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
My Bronco only has 1600 miles on it and the noise showed up on the second day. The dealer I purchased from ordered me a new transmission once they heard the noise. They worked hard to escalate with Ford and found that the -E transmission was the part to order. It just came in to the dealer and is in the parts department. I hopefully will have the replacement scheduled in the next couple of weeks.
great, keep us posted.

Sponsored

Benny4jesus

Badlands
First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco 2023
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Sounds like some people are getting answers and a few with good results. That's great!

Update on my 4DR-BLsas:
Started hearing the noise at ~50 miles. Noise is getting louder and it doesn't have to be cold anymore. Every morning now at 50-60deg I hear it for the first few miles if going under 20 mph.
My dealer knows about it but wants me to bring it in to verify noise. He's 250 miles away. He has other customers with MTs with the same issue. He's waiting to hear what happens with everyone on here.
Glad I have a warranty but not excited about the drive to get it fixed.

Ibuprofen3293

Badlands
First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22MY Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

That speaks to one of my concerns, even if there eventually is a legit fix, who's messing around inside my new car transmission, and how well does he know what he's doing. If the "E" transmission ends up fixing the issue, I'd rather get that entire new trans swapped in, instead of some guy monkeying around trying to install a "D" synchro.
This must be why my dealer has had my bronco two separate times for 2 total weeks and haven’t even done the repair yet: my service advisor told me they have exactly one tech who is qualified to work on manuals…? If that’s the case, I guess it’s worth waiting for them to be available instead of just having any body mess around in there.

Brok3nBronco

Banned
Black Diamond
Banned
Banned
First Name
Jade Oliver
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Update!

After 76 days down I got the Bronco back today. I had the -D put in! No other parts were replaced. First impression. It is quiet as can be. The shift is completely different, even from day one of the lot. The Bronco was very bouncy on take off before and in lower gears. It is very smooth now on take off, shifting. The throw feels a tad shorter and the actual gear positions feels solid. Every gear feels extremely nice now. It almost feels like an automatic now and I don't even have the ProCal tune. The 4 x 4 does sounds a little quieter as well. I do hear a little clutch spinning action but seems fairly normal to me. Put a good 30 miles on this afternoon. As far as the transmission it is quiet for now and I really hope FORD got this right! 🤞

I originally had noise that got way louder and became constant, never going away. That evolved into 2nd gear grinding, random high revving in 2nd and some shifting lock out where I had to put a lot of pressure and wiggle to get into gear.
Ford Bronco Manual transmission scraping noise / grinding sound 20230511_173315

Chippewa-Pin

Badlands
First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Santa Fe, Tucson, Z4, T/A
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Just got my Bronco back after the TSB. Dealer confirmed up front that it was the rev -D synchros and confirmed on the paperwork.

So far so good... no noise. I'll update in another week. 🤞

Ford Bronco Manual transmission scraping noise / grinding sound 20230511_173315
🤞
1 week update. Put on about 200 miles. Still no noise.

Sponsored

CapeCodCash

Badlands
First Name
T
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23 Bronco and 14 Raptor
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

So the stealership called last Tues 5/9 to tell me the new transmission was set to arrive at the Ford warehouse on Fri 5/12. And from there, it's supposed to go to a Distribution Center to determine which tranny goes where, then off to shipping. Stealership calls 2 days later Thu 5/11, and says the new tranny has arrived!! Dropping the Bronco off on Monday for install....🤞🤞🤞🤞🤞

Brok3nBronco

Banned
Black Diamond
Banned
Banned
First Name
Jade Oliver
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Update!

After 76 days down I got the Bronco back today. I had the -D put in! No other parts were replaced. First impression. It is quiet as can be. The shift is completely different, even from day one of the lot. The Bronco was very bouncy on take off before and in lower gears. It is very smooth now on take off, shifting. The throw feels a tad shorter and the actual gear positions feels solid. Every gear feels extremely nice now. It almost feels like an automatic now and I don't even have the ProCal tune. The 4 x 4 does sounds a little quieter as well. I do hear a little clutch spinning action but seems fairly normal to me. Put a good 30 miles on this afternoon. As far as the transmission it is quiet for now and I really hope FORD got this right! 🤞

I originally had noise that got way louder and became constant, never going away. That evolved into 2nd gear grinding, random high revving in 2nd and some shifting lock out where I had to put a lot of pressure and wiggle to get into gear.
Ford Bronco Manual transmission scraping noise / grinding sound 61c
Noise is still gone but the intermittent gear grind happened again this morning?

Put it in 1st went to take off and no moving. Pushed clutch down again and stick up and as I start letting up on clutch grinding. Disengage and reengage and it was fine. Dealer said nothing they can do without verifying it happening.. ugh idk what to even do. They are refusing to go to ford and request advice or transmission without me surrendering the bronco again and no loaner now. And even then they have to have it happen to do anything?

pizzy

Base
First Name
larry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 bronco base
Your Bronco Model
Base
Must be all coming in at the same time. I also got a call this week and have a Monday appt to drop off and have the new tranny installed

PWillette

Badlands
First Name
Parrie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'08 F250 Super Duty, '01 SS Camaro, '21 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Noise is still gone but the intermittent gear grind happened again this morning?

Put it in 1st went to take off and no moving. Pushed clutch down again and stick up and as I start letting up on clutch grinding. Disengage and reengage and it was fine. Dealer said nothing they can do without verifying it happening.. ugh idk what to even do. They are refusing to go to ford and request advice or transmission without me surrendering the bronco again and no loaner now. And even then they have to have it happen to do anything?
Being a brandy new trans I wouldn't be surprised if it were a bit notchy until it's broken in. Drive it like you stole it.
Sponsored