First Name
Micah
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Chevrolet Silverado, 2022 Bronco Badlands 4D
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Hi Larry. Can you send us a DM with your VIN and dealership info? I can look into this for you.
Hello Ford,
Would you please reach out to those of us that have manual transmission Broncos and let us know what is going on?
Sponsored

AJKitebrder40

Badlands
First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 Bronco Badlands 2D SAS, Eruption Green
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

My 7MT was built in February 2023 (well the Bronco was, transmission date was October 2022 I believe when I looked). 4000 miles, zero issues, it does make a bit of a noise at startup but goes away really quickly. Shifts incredibly smooth, a joy to drive on and off road.

SVTLightning

Badlands
First Name
Christian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Titan
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Hello Ford,
Would you please reach out to those of us that have manual transmission Broncos and let us know what is going on?
There’s a TSB with updated parts, what more do you want or need? Now we see if that corrects the issue or not.

Ford Motor Company

First Edition
Official Ford Account
First Name
Ford
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco, Bronco Sport
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Yep it sounds like what I’m experiencing. Now that the weather is warmer there is no noise at startup but as soon as you drive off I can hear it grind when driving slow and it’s most noticeable while in second gear. I’m concerned that it may not be really fixed with the new transmission
Hey there, Larry! Can you please send me a DM with your VIN and dealer name/location so I can look into this transmission noise concern for you? I'd be happy to see what I can do to assist! To send a private message, just click on our username and select "Start Conversation".

Mustbeheresomewhere

Badlands
First Name
Micah
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Chevrolet Silverado, 2022 Bronco Badlands 4D
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
There’s a TSB with updated parts, what more do you want or need? Now we see if that corrects the issue or not.
This is my concern. I had my vehicle at the dealer in March. They ordered the parts for the TSB, haven’t heard anything since. But, read this thread, I don’t have any confidence that the TSB or even the revised AB transmission is going to fix the issue.

Sponsored

Bmadda

Badlands
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1990 Bronco eddie bauer
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
In case there was any doubt that the grinding is causing additional damage...

Quick history:
  • Rock tumbler present since ~1k miles
  • Diagnosed at ~31k miles (never had problems shifting), dealer ordered parts
  • Dealer performed TSB at ~35k miles
  • I pick up in the afternoon on Friday, June 30
Driving home, it took multiple attempts (3 to 7 or more) to get into 1st gear from a stop. 2nd gear and reverse, same thing. (Did they not test drive it after performing the TSB???) I dropped it back off at the dealer on Saturday, July 1. The dealer called the next week saying they tried several things including adjusting the shift cables, adjusting the clutch, bleeding the master cylinder, not sure what else. Nothing worked. They reached out to Ford engineering who told my dealer that the grinding likely caused wear on the other synchro rings and that they should replace my transmission.

So now I'm waiting again, but this time without the Bronco.
W/out any other knowledge, it does sound like the clutch isn't fully bled. These are a ROYAL PITA to bleed

RobBob22

Base
First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 F250 SuperDuty
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

which dealer?? im in Ga as well
Angela Krause my service guy was John Herrin. Since they have done at least one now I’d expect a faster turn around for you.

SVTLightning

Badlands
First Name
Christian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Titan
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

This is my concern. I had my vehicle at the dealer in March. They ordered the parts for the TSB, haven’t heard anything since. But, read this thread, I don’t have any confidence that the TSB or even the revised AB transmission is going to fix the issue.
Have to wait and see. If you’re so worried get the repair and then sell it.

RobBob22

Base
First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 F250 SuperDuty
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Have to wait and see. If you’re so worried get the repair and then sell it.
I’ve had my bronco back for about a month, it’s hot out, but still standing behind my statement that even in summer it’s quieter than what it was before. I too hope that holds up through the winter.

Sponsored

jbacon47

Badlands
First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco BadLands manual 2-door
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I’ve had my bronco back for about a month, it’s hot out, but still standing behind my statement that even in summer it’s quieter than what it was before. I too hope that holds up through the winter.
Same no noise yet, after repair. But it was rarely noticeable in summer, and very noticeable in winter. Was tough to shift into 1st after getting it back from repair, but it worked itself out after a few miles and feels good now.

Tricky Mike

Badlands
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Holy hell...

My dealer doesn't answer phones so I just went down in person to see when I could get it fixed.

They told me the synchros are still on backorder until 7/31! And I was somewhere in a queue of 17k.

So I brought up my lane keep camera being out and I needed that fixed. The earliest appointment just to look at it was 8/29.

I'm so done with this rig.

Ducati1098

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Wildtrak, 2012 Ford Fusion
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Holy hell...

My dealer doesn't answer phones so I just went down in person to see when I could get it fixed.

They told me the synchros are still on backorder until 7/31! And I was somewhere in a queue of 17k.

So I brought up my lane keep camera being out and I needed that fixed. The earliest appointment just to look at it was 8/29.

I'm so done with this rig.
They straight up lied to you bud. Synchronizer rings aren’t even close to being on back order.

Ford Bronco Manual transmission scraping noise / grinding sound IMG_1592

Tricky Mike

Badlands
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

They straight up lied to you bud. Synchronizer rings aren’t even close to being on back order.

Ford Bronco Manual transmission scraping noise / grinding sound IMG_1592
That's what I thought. Uuuugh. I don't have any other options without a long drive.
Sponsored