First Name
Ford
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco, Bronco Sport
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
I have a question about the TSB. I had the TSB done in July. I noticed when I got it home that the transmission case and fill plug were sealed with grey RTV sealant. I’ve owned enough vehicles to know that RTV is not a good sealant. Has anyone else noticed that their transmission was sealed with RTV after the TSB?
Anyway, I’ve had the Bronco packed for 2 days in my garage and there is a lot of oil from the transmission underneath, leaking from the rear case seal.
back to the dealership, I guess.
Hi there, Micah. Can you send us a PM with your VIN & dealer name/location? To send a private message, just click on our username and select "Start Conversation". I’ll see how I can assist on my end.
Sponsored

SVTLightning

Badlands
First Name
Christian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Titan
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Getting to frost warnings here the next couple weeks. Plus towing my camper every few weeks should give it a good test! Oh and really like towing with this thing. Crawl gear is great with the trailer out back.

IMG_1085.jpeg

IMG_1133.jpeg

Wilbur's son

Black Diamond
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2001 Ranger 4x4
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Getting to frost warnings here the next couple weeks. Plus towing my camper every few weeks should give it a good test! Oh and really like towing with this thing. Crawl gear is great with the trailer out back.

Ford Bronco Manual transmission scraping noise / grinding sound IMG_1133

Ford Bronco Manual transmission scraping noise / grinding sound IMG_1133
High clearance to take it anywhere. Cool. And high profile. Bet it tugs on your Bronco.

Sponsored

GatesHarris

Base
First Name
Gates
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
TACOMA 4X4 Porsche Macan
Your Bronco Model
Base
It's possible. A lot of Ford special tools are very difficult to get right now

The dealer has the parts to fix it, but not the "special tool" which is probably a very large puller.

Patiently waiting since it runs, just sounds like its falling apart.

Anyway, I'm happy to wait, but Ford Corp really seems to be a "hot mess"

Somehow, they designed and built one of the most amazing truck/cars in a decade.

SVTLightning

Badlands
First Name
Christian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Titan
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

High clearance to take it anywhere. Cool. And high profile. Bet it tugs on your Bronco.
Has a toilet and a shower, high up on my list of requirements for a camper for me. Stupidly it has a central vacuum as well lol. I’ve actually put it to use cleaning up all the sawdust they leave behind from manufacturing of the unit.

Mustbeheresomewhere

Badlands
First Name
Micah
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Chevrolet Silverado, 2022 Bronco Badlands 4D
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Update: it’s not the transmission that leaked oil on to my garage floor. It’s the clutch, if I press the pedal it falls to the floor.
The dealer is acting like they are doing me a favor by getting me in for a diagnostic in a month. They can’t be serious.

Tricky Mike

Badlands
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

The dealer is acting like they are doing me a favor by getting me in for a diagnostic in a month. They can’t be serious.
This is about the response I've gotten every time I've had an issue. The best they've offered is leave it with them and they'll work on it if any free time comes available.

Sponsored

BigHoof

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ram 2500
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Update: it’s not the transmission that leaked oil on to my garage floor. It’s the clutch, if I press the pedal it falls to the floor.
100% sounds like they messed something up. Should go to the front of the line.,

Mustbeheresomewhere

Badlands
First Name
Micah
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Chevrolet Silverado, 2022 Bronco Badlands 4D
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Up until now, even including the wait that all of us early order holders experienced, I have never once regretted ordering my Bronco. But this debacle with the botched TSB and the subsequent clutch failure has been such a let down. I have owned 6 vehicles and never experienced something like this. I am so completely and entirely frustrated!

paperboy

Badlands
First Name
Nelson
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Passport
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I finally took delivery last week. Build date was March 31/23 and yes it took that long to get to me! Don't ask because nobody has any answers. It also had 106 km (65 miles) on it which was slightly bothersome. Moving on...

The first thing I did (while the PDI guy was still prepping) was to crawl under and check the transmission. Unfortunately I received the AA transmission. Probably the last one put in a Bronco ever!

Oh well, as many of you have said, that shouldn't be a reason for declining delivery. So I wrote the cheque (dealer honoured the Price Protection and Private offer) and drove away. 300 km later and all is good :).

Thanks for the expert advice on this thread - it helped push me over the line.

Cheers.

Ford Bronco Manual transmission scraping noise / grinding sound tempImageHYuyeq

Ford Bronco Manual transmission scraping noise / grinding sound tempImagedDPPr0

BlanchardSteve

Big Bend
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 corvette
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Update - after getting the TSB done about a month and 1500 miles ago I thought I faintly heard the "grinding/marbles" sound on a relatively cold start(52 degrees) hopefully I am just paranoid.... not a great feeling

indio22

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'72 Rover, '85 CJ7, '98 TJ, '14 BRZ, '23 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
I finally took delivery last week. Build date was March 31/23 and yes it took that long to get to me! Don't ask because nobody has any answers. It also had 106 km (65 miles) on it which was slightly bothersome. Moving on...

The first thing I did (while the PDI guy was still prepping) was to crawl under and check the transmission. Unfortunately I received the AA transmission. Probably the last one put in a Bronco ever!

Oh well, as many of you have said, that shouldn't be a reason for declining delivery. So I wrote the cheque (dealer honoured the Price Protection and Private offer) and drove away. 300 km later and all is good :).

Thanks for the expert advice on this thread - it helped push me over the line.

Cheers.

Nice looking Bronco - I've got a VB 2-door manual as well.

Shoot yours took a long time to arrive. Mine was built in April and arrived in June. It was built during the trans switch over and got the newer AB trans. So far knock on wood no issues (but it hasn't been cold yet).

Hopefully you have many years of reliable usage even with the AA version. I do enjoy operating the manual transmission, no issues even with stop and go city maneuvering, and my family members are able to operate it no problem.
Sponsored