Christian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Titan
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I was hoping reverse would be straight cut. Loved it in all my previous manuals the sound of reverse. One of the few things I don’t like. Main thing being no manual T-case as I would have been all over that.
Sponsored

Twilly7

Badlands
First Name
Tyler
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Just heard from the dealership service dept (5 days after dropping it off) that they are about to take it for a test drive to see if it is the 3rd and 4th syncros that need to be replaced now.

Get this, he says that within the last week there’s been a new TSB that has come out to replace the third and fourth syncros!

1. Can anyone confirm that there is a new TSB to replace the 3rd and 4th syncros?

2. Would the 3rd and 4th syncros be the issue causing the problems I’ve had shifting in and out of 3rd and 4th and getting it stuck in 3rd or not being able to get it back into 1st at a complete stop after it’s been in 3rd or 4th?

This was the first I’d heard of a new TSB for those syncros.

BigHoof

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ram 2500
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Just heard from the dealership service dept (5 days after dropping it off) that they are about to take it for a test drive to see if it is the 3rd and 4th syncros that need to be replaced now.

Get this, he says that within the last week there’s been a new TSB that has come out to replace the third and fourth syncros!

1. Can anyone confirm that there is a new TSB to replace the 3rd and 4th syncros?

2. Would the 3rd and 4th syncros be the issue causing the problems I’ve had shifting in and out of 3rd and 4th and getting it stuck in 3rd or not being able to get it back into 1st at a complete stop after it’s been in 3rd or 4th?

That’s a new one. I’m sure @Ducati1098 will be along to confirm the info if true.

Ducati1098

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Wildtrak, 2012 Ford Fusion
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

That’s a new one. I’m sure @Ducati1098 will be along to confirm the info if true.
Yeah I did see this TSB when it released about a month ago.
I didn't post it in here just for the fact that it's unrelated to this thread and until now I haven't heard of this issue coming up.

I'll make a new post later tonight with the new 3/4 synchro TSB listed so everyone can see it.
The new TSB is for grinding going into 3rd or 4th, and/or for no 3rd gear engagement at all.

Sponsored

BigHoof

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ram 2500
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

pizzy

Base
First Name
larry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 bronco base
Your Bronco Model
Base
Wow. I’ve been following and occasionally commenting in this thread since march when I received my bronco and found it to have the grinding transmission issue most have experienced. (Noise was present at 200 miles )They replaced my trans with the newer version back in may and since the weather has been mostly warm I can’t say with certainty that’s the issue is completely fixed just yet. But all the nightmare stories I keep reading about botched repairs and wait times for parts or tools is crazy. How can this be?

I’m older than some some here(60) as such may be coming at this from a different perspective, but there was no way I could see myself being as patient and understanding as it seems most of the members have been regarding this issue.

I don’t get why any dealer would refuse to simply replace a transmission on a my23 car and why anyone would accept the the option to repair a faulty transmission rather that just have it replaced.

I don’t mean to insult anyone but my feeling is that most dealer mechanics today are not trained like they were say 30 years ago to actually tear down and rebuilt engine components like transmissions and full engine rebuilds. Modern cars are mostly meant and designed to have the parts replaced and not repaired. When I spoke to the head mechanic at the dealer I dealt with he admitted that he was not comfortable tearing down and rebuilding the trans and that he would much prefer to simply replace it. Which is what they did. A lot less to go wrong doing that I think.

I don’t get why Ford would want to put the burden on its dealer and their mechanics as well as complicate this issue with trying to fix these low mile essentially new transmissions rather than just replace them with properly assembled newor rebuilt units that were assembled by people that do this all day long and specialize in just this one task. (Building new transmissions )All this grief might have been avoidable.

Anyway I’m nervously waiting the colder weather to exhale and see if my transmission troubles are truly gone. I feel for anybody who waited so long to get their bronco then find out the transmission was bad then be told to wait for the parts for months to fix it. The the final nail it is to have your transmission made worse by incompetent mechanics asked to do something thy are not skilled at. Those that have gone through this are to congratulated for being so patient and understanding I think would have thrown in the towel.

Last edited:

bobogto

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
M5
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Wow. I’ve been following and occasionally commenting in this thread since march when I received my bronco and found it to have the grinding transmission issue most have experienced. (Noise was present at 200 miles )They replaced my trans with the newer version back in may and since the weather has been mostly warm I can’t say with certainty that’s the issue is completely fixed just yet. But all the nightmare stories I keep reading about botched repairs and wait times for parts or tools is crazy. How can this be?

I’m older than some some here(60) as such may be coming at this from a different perspective, but there was no way I could see myself being as patient and understanding as it seems most of the members have been regarding this issue.

I don’t get why any dealer would refuse to simply replace a transmission on a my23 car and why anyone would accept the the option to repair a faulty transmission rather that just have it replaced.

I don’t mean to insult anyone but my feeling is that most dealer mechanics today are not trained like they were say 30 years ago to actually tear down and rebuilt engine components like transmissions and full engine rebuilds. Modern cars are mostly meant and designed to have the parts replaced and not repaired. When I spoke to the head mechanic at the dealer I dealt with he admitted that he was not comfortable tearing down and rebuilding the trans and that he would much prefer to simply replace it. Which is what they did. A lot less to go wrong doing that I think.

I don’t get why Ford would want to put the burden on its dealer and their mechanics as well as complicate this issue with trying to fix these low mile essentially new transmissions rather than just replace them with properly assembled newor rebuilt units that were assembled by people that do this all day long and specialize in just this one task. (Building new transmissions )All this grief might have been avoidable.

Anyway I’m nervously waiting the colder weather to exhale and see if my transmission troubles are truly gone. I feel for anybody who waited so long to get their bronco then find out the transmission was bad then be told to wait for the parts for months to fix it. The the final nail it is to have your transmission made worse by incompetent mechanics asked to do something thy are not skilled at. Those that have gone through this are to congratulated for being so patient and understanding I think would have thrown in the towel.
Ford has always been a cheap company. Literally from Henry Ford himself if you know his story. So even if it saves them $1 they would rather try to rebuild it. That's also where the other problem comes. Again Ford- a cheap vehicle. Some people paying upwards of 60-70 grand and expecting a 60 or 70 grand worth of let's say an X5 and then get buthurt about it. Making a big deal about it.
I even think the noise issue was exaggerated. Not necessarily a bad thing, since finally we have a solution, but at the end of the day not that big of an issue in the first place. And if you lower your expectations from the brand and the model to about $30000 what this vehicle was supposed to be, developed with a manual transmission that no one does anymore. Not only that but a proper manual for the Bronco, not an afterthought. I believe we should all be pretty happy.

Mustbeheresomewhere

Badlands
First Name
Micah
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Chevrolet Silverado, 2022 Bronco Badlands 4D
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
You all are joking about another TSB, right? Right?
I had the first TSB for the 5th & 6th gear synchros done and it wasn’t done right and occasionally “fell” out of 5th gear. Then the clutch failed. It’s at the dealer now to look at that. I am now on the 6th week of my Bronco being in the shop for this!
COME ON FORD! Replace these transmissions. This is absolutely absurd!

Sponsored

Ducati1098

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Wildtrak, 2012 Ford Fusion
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I don’t get why any dealer would refuse to simply replace a transmission on a my23 car and why anyone would accept the option to repair a faulty transmission rather that just have it replaced.
It’s not up to the dealer or the customer. Ford has specific guidelines on how a repair needs to be done. And just replacing every transmission isn’t how it works.
In rare instances there are ways around this and a dealership can just order a new unit, but not most of the time.

I don’t get why Ford would want to put the burden on its dealer and their mechanics as well as complicate this issue with trying to fix these low mile essentially new transmissions rather than just replace them with properly assembled new or rebuilt units that were assembled by people that do this all day long and specialize in just this one task. (Building new transmissions )All this grief might have been avoidable.
Cost. It’s as simple as that.

Twilly7

Badlands
First Name
Tyler
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Probably trying to figure a way to get moneys to do the rework they caused.
I think this is exactly what's happening. I wouldn't worry too much about the new TSB for most people with the MT88 even if you have to get the TSB 23-2019. This feels like my dealer is trying to not spend their own money on labor.

I think that the technician did something really wrong putting my transmission back together. It's slipping out of 4th about once a drive now. Sometimes it won't fully connect in 3rd and so after hitting the gas it pops out. Sometimes won't even let me into 4th, 5th, or 1st... it's like theres something physically in the way of the stick getting to them. And then it smells like burning sometimes when I park and so I'm worried that it's eating up my clutch.

All this to say, I don't actually think my issue is the new 3/4 syncros TSB, I think it was a way for the dealership to not have to pay the time for that technician to fix his problem and instead Ford will pay for it when he replaces the 3/4 syncros.

If this issue isn't hurting my transmission or clutch, then in theory I'm just getting additional syncros updated for free, so I should be glad for the extra parts. But doesn't feel like it's being gentle on it.

SVTLightning

Badlands
First Name
Christian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Titan
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Just towed max tow 760kms through the mountains. Tows pretty nice but the small tank, 4.7 gears don’t match up too well for towing. Over 200 litres of fuel used in that short time. No noise from transmission since tsb

bodean

Base
First Name
Shawn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
76 Mini, 99 4Runner, 07 FJ Cruiser, 16 Tacoma
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Just towed max tow 760kms through the mountains. Tows pretty nice but the small tank, 4.7 gears don’t match up too well for towing. Over 200 litres of fuel used in that short time. No noise from transmission since tsb
27L/100kms?
Yikes

BigHoof

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ram 2500
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

27L/100kms?
Yikes
If my math is correct, should be about 9 MPG US. Depending on the trailer shape and considering mountainous terrain, seems about normal. Most likely into the turbo a lot which kills fuel mileage.
Sponsored