Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 F250 SuperDuty
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Maybe it’s just me, but it seems like the success rate of the TSB is very high. At least compared to the AB replacement.
I came back to update, after driving up in 20F weather up north for a week and being in sub 50F weather for a bit now I'd say I think the TSB did it's intended job. Every now and then I pickup and a bit of the scrolling sound, but is extremely quiet compared to before and it does not seem to be progressing. Put me down as content. I had the repair done in March after the second revised "D" ring came out.
Sponsored

Geo

Base
First Name
Geo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

My 2021 MT is finally going in for the transmission TSB, all the parts are in. The noise is now exponentially louder than a year ago. I remember there was a tool necessary for repair that most dealerships didn't have. Can someone tell me what this is? I don't want to leave the Bronco for 3 weeks waiting for the tool. TIA!

Ducati1098

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Wildtrak, 2012 Ford Fusion
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

My 2021 MT is finally going in for the transmission TSB, all the parts are in. The noise is now exponentially louder than a year ago. I remember there was a tool necessary for repair that most dealerships didn't have. Can someone tell me what this is? I don't want to leave the Bronco for 3 weeks waiting for the tool. TIA!
There are multiple special tools necessary. I recommend talking to your dealership beforehand to verify they have the tools needed.

jking12

Badlands
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22' Ford Bronco, 21' Mazda MX-5 Miata, 19' Golf R
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Hey guys, I joined this forum around page 10 when I first bought my Manual Sas Bronco in November of 2022. I now have 20k miles and the sound is horrible. What TSB fixes this damn tranny?

RagnarKon

Badlands
First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco, Escape, Focus
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Hey guys, I joined this forum around page 10 when I first bought my Manual Sas Bronco in November of 2022. I now have 20k miles and the sound is horrible. What TSB fixes this damn tranny?
TSB 23-2019

If you want a TL;DR version... I have a video you can watch. Watch at 1.5x speed for maximum efficiency ;)

Should be noted that some people have had the TSB completed and are still experiencing the issue—usually not nearly as bad as the first time, but it's still there. Others (perhaps most?) have had the TSB completed and it has seems to have fixed it. I personally am in the latter camp.

Sponsored

tide96

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2 dr Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I came back to update, after driving up in 20F weather up north for a week and being in sub 50F weather for a bit now I'd say I think the TSB did it's intended job. Every now and then I pickup and a bit of the scrolling sound, but is extremely quiet compared to before and it does not seem to be progressing. Put me down as content. I had the repair done in March after the second revised "D" ring came out.
I'm in the same camp, completed two months ago with 1500 miles sometimes the noise is there when going in 1st gear at it's max speed limit before shifting, but before the fix it was noisy as a freight train.

Off road enthusiast

Badlands
First Name
Agi
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Had tsb and AB transmission and the thing is again grinding away. This just sucks & when the extended warranty is up it's junk cause still no fix in sight going on 4.years.
Same here, in addition, I have an oil leak from the front engine gasket.

Tricky Mike

Badlands
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

It's done, I'll pick it up in a few hours. Warmish today so I don't expect a proper test until tomorrow morning.

This is what they said about the vent tube. I haven't been in any deep water so I doubt it ingested any.

Ford Bronco Manual transmission scraping noise / grinding sound Screenshot_20231211-132610

Off road enthusiast

Badlands
First Name
Agi
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Did anyone with the AB transmission replacement, who had the noise returned contact Ford, and what was the response from Ford ?

Sponsored

GI_Jo_Nathan

Black Diamond
First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 Iconic Silver 2dr Manual Black Diamond
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Did anyone with the AB transmission replacement, who had the noise returned contact Ford, and what was the response from Ford ?
Probably something like this...
[Hey there! Can you please send me a PM with your VIN and dealer name/location so I can look into this concern for you? To send a private message, just click on our username and select "Start Conversation". I'd be happy to see what I can do to assist!]
😂

Tricky Mike

Badlands
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Blissful silence this morning, so far so good. I might be imagining it but it almost seems like the shifting is stiffer, but I've been driving my sloppy old ZF6 Super Duty for a week so...

Damn dealer moved my seat and I can't get comfortable. 🤣

Cisco

Badlands
First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 F-150, 2022 Bronco 2dr Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

We have been waiting for all the parts and toold to arrive at the dealership. We dropped Cisco off at the dealership yesterday and hope things go smoothly! Based on people's results we are cautiously optimistic.
Cisco was supposed to be picked up this past Monday with the TSB completed. Got a call from the dealer and the transmission will only go into 1st and 4th, so now it's being torn down again. With this being the first manual Bronco TSB this dealership has done, this doesn't surpise me much. Great dealership and they are working through things best they can. Fingers crossed we get Cisco back on Friday.

dejones64

Black Diamond
First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco 2-dr Black Diamond
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

12/1/23
BD 7mt 37k miles. Dropped mine off Friday, they heard the noise, had it apart and verified wear on the 5/6 gear synchro rings. Parts will be in this week and should be done by end of week. Fingers crossed it fixes the problem. They did give me a rental, covered under the extended warranty.
[/QUOTE]
Update 12/6/23
Service contacted me... the parts came in, while digging around in the transmission they noticed other parts were "compromised" (clutch solenoids and other parts) and in need of replacement. Those parts are on national backorder. So, they received warranty approval to replace the whole transmission. Emergency order should be in this Friday. Hope to be done next week.

Part number is MB3Z-7003-E.
Update 12/13/23
Picked up Esmeralda, new transmission installed. Drives and shifts nicely, I believe better than with the previous transmission. Cold days ahead so only time will tell. 37k on the motor, about 5 miles on the new trans. Also did the wiper motor recall update.

Service dept notes:

Ford Bronco Manual transmission scraping noise / grinding sound trans

Edit: Jan it goes in to the dealer to have the Ford 7-pin tow harness and brake controller installed.

Last edited:

BroncRider

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 BaseSquatch 2dr
Your Bronco Model
Base
Dam. Curious, did they say why a whole new tranny vs. just the synchro fix?
New tranny since they don’t have the tool to rebuild it. They said it should arrive this week, and not require a month as originally thought.
Sponsored

Last edited: