Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Audi S4
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I had the TSB completed in May. They replaced the 5th and 6th gear syncros. It was quiet for the summer but it was warm out when they did the repair so I really couldn't verify fully if it was fixed. Sure enough as the weather has started to get colder the noise has returned. I dropped it back off at the dealer and they're taking apart the transmission tomorrow. So frustrating.
Sponsored

gregory.conklin

Heritage
First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
62 Falcon 68 F250 92 F250 97 Ranger 13 Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Heritage
Ours should be in next week in Fairbanks and I am getting concerned what will happen with Alaska temperatures.

BigHoof

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ram 2500
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Ours should be in next week in Fairbanks and I am getting concerned what will happen with Alaska temperatures.
It should not leave you stranded. Just makes some noise from the gears and synchos rattling together. Seems like they just tightened the tolerances a bit so when it wears in, back to square one. Just a Getrag trait I guess. Probably a permanent fix would be some kind of fluid change but I'm sure that can't be done due to a thicker oil most likely dropping the MPGs.

Funny thing when researching this a bit, Getrag has a paper on how to design and test a manual to avoid gear rattle, :ROFLMAO:

PWillette

Badlands
First Name
Parrie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'08 F250 Super Duty, '01 SS Camaro, '21 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands

Sponsored

MistaGavin

Base
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'00 F-150 & '68 Mustang GT
Your Bronco Model
Base
Seekins? I was the first one that had the TSB done there. I did bring it back for a missing fuel line bracket and missing clips but they should know how now.

Mine might go back near the end of my warranty if there’s ever a real fix as I have started to notice the noise again when left overnight at 10°F (albeit less obnoxious than before).

PWillette

Badlands
First Name
Parrie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Just synchros. But I'm going to live with it til 59.5k.
Yeah, if the fix isn't actually a fix I think I'm just going to ride mine out

gregory.conklin

Heritage
First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
62 Falcon 68 F250 92 F250 97 Ranger 13 Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Heritage
Seekins? I was the first one that had the TSB done there. I did bring it back for a missing fuel line bracket and missing clips but they should know how now.

Mine might go back near the end of my warranty if there’s ever a real fix as I have started to notice the noise again when left overnight at 10°F (albeit less obnoxious than before).
Yes sir I am getting it at Seekins. Unfortunately I'll have to deal with Kendall down here in Wasilla on the warranty stuff. Seekins has been good to us so far and hopefully you had a good experience with them. I called Ford about Kendall refusing to order for me and they called Seekins and with in 20 mins our order was in.

Curious on how the extreme cold has effected it? Hasen't been terribly cold yet this year but I'm sure you have seen some sub zero stuff.

Tricky Mike

Badlands
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Yeah, if the fix isn't actually a fix I think I'm just going to ride mine out
Don't get me wrong it is like 99% quieter, and if I didn't know what to listen for I wouldn't catch it. If it's exactly like this through the rest of it's life I'll be happy.

Sponsored

PWillette

Badlands
First Name
Parrie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Don't get me wrong it is like 99% quieter, and if I didn't know what to listen for I wouldn't catch it. If it's exactly like this through the rest of it's life I'll be happy.
Hopefully that's the case! Do update if anything changes.

91tii

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Badlands, BMW E30
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I have 8k miles on the TSB/"D" sychro repair now, and it's still better than pre-repair at 5.8k miles. Temperatures have been below 30F every morning now, some mornings even in the teens/single digits. Sitting in neutral with the clutch out my transmission is still essentially silent. If there is any noise I cant definitively hear what I heard before the repair (I will note mine wasn't nearly as bad as what others report). I definitely can't hear anything outside the vehicle. I do get some rattling/gear chatter noise when moving slowly in low gears and even then it's only noticeable when really listening for it with the stereo off. Once it warms up it is gone. I'm just going to keep driving it and probably change the fluid when it gets to 10k miles post-repair just to see how it looks and maybe send some out for a blackstone analysis.

MistaGavin

Base
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'00 F-150 & '68 Mustang GT
Your Bronco Model
Base
Yes sir I am getting it at Seekins. Unfortunately I'll have to deal with Kendall down here in Wasilla on the warranty stuff. Seekins has been good to us so far and hopefully you had a good experience with them. I called Ford about Kendall refusing to order for me and they called Seekins and with in 20 mins our order was in.

Curious on how the extreme cold has effected it? Hasen't been terribly cold yet this year but I'm sure you have seen some sub zero stuff.
It was -20F and got to cold soak all day at work. Noise is there but easier to ignore than it was this time last year. Especially with an outlaw straight pipe. 😂

Cisco

Badlands
First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 F-150, 2022 Bronco 2dr Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Cisco was supposed to be picked up this past Monday with the TSB completed. Got a call from the dealer and the transmission will only go into 1st and 4th, so now it's being torn down again. With this being the first manual Bronco TSB this dealership has done, this doesn't surpise me much. Great dealership and they are working through things best they can. Fingers crossed we get Cisco back on Friday.

Picked Cisco up yesterday morning and everything seems in good working order. It was 34 degress at start up this morning and it was super quiet. Fingers crossed the TSB worked.

djm101

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Audi S4
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

The tech opened her up and found nothing wrong or damaged inside the transmission. It seems like they have no idea why it's still making the noise after the TSB was completed. They're ordering a new transmission which should be here sometime next week.
Sponsored