First Name
Parrie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'08 F250 Super Duty, '01 SS Camaro, '21 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
thanks, i actually know this problem well, i also had a previous Bronco Manual with the same noise. My question was more about replacing the clutch since the whole trans would already be apart and the clutch is a normal wear item similar to brake pads. The clutch wouldnt be covered but since its already out i am assuming all id pay is the price of the clutch no extra labor.
Most likely there would still be a small labor charge for the clutch work.

If I get to this point, which I'm sure is just a matter of time, I'll be replacing mine during the TSB, as well as the flywheel, as a matter of upgrade, not so much a need.
Sponsored

tomo56

Badlands
First Name
TK
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 - 4Runner, 2021 Tundra SRS, 2023 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

If I get to this point, which I'm sure is just a matter of time, I'll be replacing mine during the TSB, as well as the flywheel, as a matter of upgrade, not so much a need.

Do you have a link that you would not mind sharing to the upgraded parts you plan on installing during the TSB?

PWillette

Badlands
First Name
Parrie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Do you have a link that you would not mind sharing to the upgraded parts you plan on installing during the TSB?
Not at the very moment, do a search on Southbend clutch. Few threads should come up.

Begster

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Every time I've asked a dealership about replacing something while they already had it apart for a warranty issue on other vehicles (clutch disk when they were warrantying the pressure plate, brakes, serpentine belt when they were replacing idler pulley, etc), I've been quoted almost full price as if they wouldn't already have the stuff removed.

cpmartin1999

Badlands
First Name
chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Badlands, 2020 VW Atlas
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Every time I've asked a dealership about replacing something while they already had it apart for a warranty issue on other vehicles (clutch disk when they were warrantying the pressure plate, brakes, serpentine belt when they were replacing idler pulley, etc), I've been quoted almost full price as if they wouldn't already have the stuff removed.
Man that sucks, I know how it goes though. Even if that's the case I like to ask the service manager and the most important person they let me talk to "does this make sense?" If they say yes I won't die on that hill but I'll know they're either dishonest or dumb!!

Sponsored

PWillette

Badlands
First Name
Parrie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I'm not surprised. Is probably dealer dependent, some are easy to work with, some are not.

bodean

Base
First Name
Shawn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
76 Mini, 99 4Runner, 07 FJ Cruiser, 16 Tacoma
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

This thread has been pretty quiet. We seem to be pretty deep into winter. Almost seems like this may be fixing the vast majority of the issues...

Off road enthusiast

Badlands
First Name
Agi
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
This thread has been pretty quiet. We seem to be pretty deep into winter. Almost seems like this may be fixing the vast majority of the issues...
That or Bronco owners are giving up, and accepting the fact that there is not a real fix at this point.

bodean

Base
First Name
Shawn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
76 Mini, 99 4Runner, 07 FJ Cruiser, 16 Tacoma
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

That or Bronco owners are giving up, and accepting the fact that there is not a real fix at this point.
Certainly a possibility, wouldn’t be very B6G for them to be so quiet about it though.

Sponsored

JawnyBronco

Heritage
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco 4dr
Your Bronco Model
Heritage
Clubs

The rattle in my AB tranny comes and goes with the temp plus is easily drowned by my Spotify play lists. Waiting for solid results before pursuing a repair.

Geo

Base
First Name
Geo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Dropped mine off 4 weeks ago. Several reasons why it's still there....main reason is holidays and there's only 1 transmission expert and he has several Ford transmissions torn apart.

Off road enthusiast

Badlands
First Name
Agi
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Certainly a possibility, wouldn’t be very B6G for them to be so quiet about it though.
Well, I am on my third transmission, last one the AB version. The noise has returned after 3 months. I know that this is the most “updated” transmission available for my Bronco. I called the dealer and they said they’re not sure what to do since I already got a new transmission just a few months ago, so once and a while I check this forum to see if Ford will come up with a miracle transmission that doesn’t make noise.
Sponsored