First Name
Agi
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
is your local ford dealer showing @Ducati1098 level expertise?
The skills of certified mechanics, installing these transmissions have nothing to do with the problems that we are experiencing, but rather the fact that these transmissions are poorly designed. For many years Mustang owners have been complaining about similar problems with their manual transmissions made by Getrag..

Lcubed

Badlands
First Name
l
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
VW golf r, 2023 ManBadSquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

The skills of certified mechanics, installing these transmissions have nothing to do with the problems that we are experiencing, but rather the fact that these transmissions are poorly designed. For many years Mustang owners have been complaining about similar problems with their manual transmissions made by Getrag..
FORD signed off on the design for their price point, then chose to accept them for production.

I'm sure, once again, FORD did an AOA analysis and picked a point that met their profit requirement

at the very least, FORD made slightly better decisions here than the MIC 1.0

Chippewa-Pin

Badlands
First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Santa Fe, Tucson, Z4, T/A
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I had the synchros changed about a year ago. 12,000 miles and plenty of cold mornings later and still no noise.

BigHoof

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ram 2500
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Sounds like a grind to me. We will see how well the AB version does. I hope it works very well as I may well need it while I am under warranty. The AB has been complained about on this thread, but not a lot so far.
I understand what you are saying but there is not going to be a bunch of shavings which you would have it it was actually grinding. As mentioned many times in this thread, its the Getrag rattle. A simple search will show you this has been common on Getrags for decades. I still believe they will all have it in time when you get some wear, AB or not. What's odd is that for all the issues the Mustang's MT82 has, the rattle is not one of them. We've got an extra gear so maybe related to that being different. A different weight fluid may help in our case? Calmer, the MT82 guru, recommends AMSOIL 75W-90 Manual Transmission & Transaxle Gear Lube in the Mustang. In time once out of warranty, I figure some will give it a try in the Bronco. I tried other OEM spec oil and in the cold still have the rattle. Started early on after the trip home from the dealer. No noise before leaving. Left it idle in neutral and specifically listened for it. I've been holding off doing anything for a bit to be sure the AB actually fixes it. So far, seems like a 50-50% chance of no change. 😥

Sponsored

Off road enthusiast

Badlands
First Name
Agi
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I understand what you are saying but there is not going to be a bunch of shavings which you would have it it was actually grinding. As mentioned many times in this thread, its the Getrag rattle. A simple search will show you this has been common on Getrags for decades. I still believe they will all have it in time when you get some wear, AB or not. What's odd is that for all the issues the Mustang's MT82 has, the rattle is not one of them. We've got an extra gear so maybe related to that being different. A different weight fluid may help in our case? Calmer, the MT82 guru, recommends AMSOIL 75W-90 Manual Transmission & Transaxle Gear Lube in the Mustang. In time once out of warranty, I figure some will give it a try in the Bronco. I tried other OEM spec oil and in the cold still have the rattle. Started early on after the trip home from the dealer. No noise before leaving. Left it idle in neutral and specifically listened for it. I've been holding off doing anything for a bit to be sure the AB actually fixes it. So far, seems like a 50-50% chance of no change. 😥
I replaced the transmission fluid with BG synchro shift II, but there is zero difference

Last edited:

USSCajun

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘23 BD, Sas, 2dr
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I sold my Mustang GT with the Chinese made Getrag, complete rubbish.

Off road enthusiast

Badlands
First Name
Agi
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I sold my Mustang GT with the Chinese made Getrag, complete rubbish.
[/QUOTE
Considering thousands of complaints by Mustang owner and class action lawsuits, it is insanity stupid of FORD to keep using Getreg on their vehicles

chrisphelan77

Big Bend
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Big Bend 4 Door (7-Speed)
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Is the thought process at this point to go for the TSB or wait? Seeing some back and forth here. My appointment is the first week of March and I can't decide if its worth it (18k miles, 2022 7spd big bend 4 door with the synchro noise) I could always reschedule for this fall/winter.

PWillette

Badlands
First Name
Parrie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'08 F250 Super Duty, '01 SS Camaro, '21 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Is the thought process at this point to go for the TSB or wait? Seeing some back and forth here. My appointment is the first week of March and I can't decide if its worth it (18k miles, 2022 7spd big bend 4 door with the synchro noise) I could always reschedule for this fall/winter.
From what I've seen here, most have had the rattle return whether just the syncros TSB or a whole new trans. I'm holding out for a definitive fix but that's just me.

Sponsored

chrisphelan77

Big Bend
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Big Bend 4 Door (7-Speed)
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

From what I've seen here, most have had the rattle return whether just the syncros TSB or a whole new trans. I'm holding out for a definitive fix but that's just me.
That is helpful.. I'm thinking the same thing.. It'll be warm here in Raleigh in a few weeks and I'll forget about it until 59k miles lol.

PWillette

Badlands
First Name
Parrie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'08 F250 Super Duty, '01 SS Camaro, '21 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
That is helpful.. I'm thinking the same thing.. It'll be warm here in Raleigh in a few weeks and I'll forget about it until 59k miles lol.
Yep, it's crazy to think how many of these trucks in the southern states will never hear the rattle due to temps. Probably thousands will never hear the noise or be aware they have the issue.

Blackcat

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 FORD BRONCO BASE 2 DOOR M/T
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I'm down the road in Charlotte and my 22 has the rattle. I"m going to wait until next winter to have it addressed. Hopefully by then, there will be a definitive fix.

gregory.conklin

Heritage
First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
62 Falcon 68 F250 92 F250 97 Ranger 13 Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Heritage
I'm up in Alaska picked her up on 28 December. Has had the rattle in cold temps since day one. Nothing horrible but it is there and assuming its only going to get worse. I did end up buying the extended warranty from Granger because I think this is going to be an ongoing issue. From living in extreme environments for a long time I can you that most vehicles make a lot of funny noises when they get started in extreme cold. Good thing is my plans are to take her to my Florida home, I think she is a perfect beach area rig.

Last edited:

RagnarKon

Badlands
First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco, Escape, Focus
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I suspect most people who have had the TSB performed haven't had the issue return.

But obviously it's hard to tell. The issue is if the problem goes away, people just move on and forget about it and never follow-up. If people have the issue return, they're likely to jump online and talk about it. Makes it really hard to tell the success rate of this TSB fix.

Myself personally... issue has been fixed and everything has been great. But given some people have had the issue return I think it is reasonable to just stick it out until you are nearing the end of your factory warranty.
Sponsored