Haelous

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT, 2023 Bronco Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Ford is far from the top in terms of quality control, but using a Land Rover as an example of quality or reliability is hilarious.
Sponsored

JPOPS5

Base
First Name
JP
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Base-man-squatch / A7 / S5 / TT
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Brought my 22 Base into my dealer this past week for the first time. I've been hearing the TSB-like symptoms for a long time. It was a fairly warm day so I wasn't sure if they'd be able to replicate the noise, but called me mid-day to say they had and had already ordered the parts. Dealer stated they've done the repair on a "handful" of Broncos and have not had any return yet due to the noise coming back. Time will tell, but I hope it solves the problem.

Off road enthusiast

Badlands
First Name
Agi
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Brought my 22 Base into my dealer this past week for the first time. I've been hearing the TSB-like symptoms for a long time. It was a fairly warm day so I wasn't sure if they'd be able to replicate the noise, but called me mid-day to say they had and had already ordered the parts. Dealer stated they've done the repair on a "handful" of Broncos and have not had any return yet due to the noise coming back. Time will tell, but I hope it solves the problem.
My dealer replaced the transmission, however, they said they would not mess with the TSB.
Do you mind sharing the name of the dealer that is performing the TSB?

Last edited:

Malicar

Badlands
First Name
Jessy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

It’s a Getrag trait. Search around and you’ll see a lot of them rattle, even the ones in BMWs. The fix seems to be heavier fluid which dampens the rattle. Doubt Ford would ever recommend that because it would probably change the MPGs which would mess with the certs.
Did you not see the welded synchro pictures? It's clearly grinding metal into the case. Will take out bearings prematurely. Not a "getrag rattle"

bodean

Base
First Name
Shawn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
76 Mini, 99 4Runner, 07 FJ Cruiser, 16 Tacoma
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Did you not see the welded synchro pictures? It's clearly grinding metal into the case. Will take out bearings prematurely. Not a "getrag rattle"
Haven't seen this photo. Mind posting it.

Sponsored

Tricky Mike

Badlands
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Haven't seen this photo. Mind posting it.
It was waaaaay back in the beginning of the thread. Sniped off FB with no chain of evidence to even prove that it's related. Just some pictures of gears, were they even out of a Bronco?

BigHoof

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ram 2500
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

One transmission with no legit source back when the rail workers or someone in transport was also burning up clutches. Very few, if any, show wear of any kind. One recently showed some odd rust on the shaft but even the tech said he never saw that before so is probably related to sitting too long at a holding yard or before final assembly. Just guessing but maybe the latter because they are probably not allowed to ship from China full of fluid.

As the temps warmed up here, the sound in mine is basically gone again. Can't bring myself to allow such a major repair when the transmission only makes the rattle in cold weather. Especially when it returns for some most likely after the new rings wear a bit.

First Name
Lee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Base 2Dr Mansquatch
Your Bronco Model
Base
I plan on lemoning my ‘23 base Sasquatch manual 2dr Bronco. At ~6 months 7,500 miles I heard bad gear whine from the rear diff. Brought it to Fremont Ford to have it looked at. Glitter everywhere, rear pinion bearing were toast. TSB too to fix the 5th/6th synchro gear grind. Vehicle was in the shop for over 80 days, due to lack of part and tool availability. I had to cover rentals as well. I own a ‘96 ford ranger but bought the bronco for something more reliable since I frequently drive between NorCal and SoCal (~400 miles each way). I’m disappointed in Ford, will be looking for a Tacoma now. Best of luck folks!

joshgangluff

Black Diamond
First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco 2.3l MT, 1988 Bronco II XL
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Alright everyone. I finally found it. The fix to all of our woes. After struggling with this noise for almost 2 years and having multiple surgeries performed on my transmission, I have found a solution that works 100% of the time

Ford Bronco Manual transmission scraping noise / grinding sound 1715103728102-k2

Problem solved (or at least inaudible) and fun factor is back!

Werkedperformance

Badlands
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
Badlands 4dr 7MT
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
October 21 build date

had scraping since new, just drove it anyways.

took it in at 35000 for the TSB.

order parts took a month.

tech just texted me the transmission case is shot. New transmission ordered for next Tuesday it’s Thursday now.

will update with results from new transmission

Sponsored

Fillups

First Name
Geoff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 Expedition EL
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

October 21 build date

had scraping since new, just drove it anyways.

took it in at 35000 for the TSB.

order parts took a month.

tech just texted me the transmission case is shot. New transmission ordered for next Tuesday it’s Thursday now.

will update with results from new transmission
Were you waiting to get it in just before end of the 36k warranty? The transmission should be fully covered under the 5 year / 60k warranty, right?

Also, why was your trans case shot?

Werkedperformance

Badlands
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
Badlands 4dr 7MT
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Yeah I wanted to get it in while it was still 36k full warranty just because.

took it with 35k

Waited a month for parts. Only drove it once a week while waiting to keep it under 36, just because I didnt want hassle.

I don’t fully know what was wrong in the case. That’s the best description I got, Trans case shot” needs new transmission.

I’d also like to know what came apart in the front differential. The drain plug had a giant ball of metal on the drain plug magnet.

Werkedperformance

Badlands
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
Badlands 4dr 7MT
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Repair order read “case is cracked, and cases on back order“ replace transmission. This was found internally when the transmission was torn down for the TSB.

Replacement transmission, part number MB3Z7003E. to me this would read like we’re now on parts revision E.

I haven’t fully kept up with the part numbers in the parts kit last I checked I thought we were on D however I could be wrong.

Scraping noises gone at pick up so far so good. To stop raining so I can listen to four-wheel-drive without all the background noise. Might be something. there under heavy load.

BigHoof

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ram 2500
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Repair order read “case is cracked, and cases on back order“ replace transmission. This was found internally when the transmission was torn down for the TSB.

Replacement transmission, part number MB3Z7003E. to me this would read like we’re now on parts revision E.

I haven’t fully kept up with the part numbers in the parts kit last I checked I thought we were on D however I could be wrong.

Scraping noises gone at pick up so far so good. To stop raining so I can listen to four-wheel-drive without all the background noise. Might be something. there under heavy load.
Rev E is the updated transmission. It will have B on the tag. Engineering and parts numbers are not the same.

Wonder if the tech broke the case? Wouldn’t be the first time.

Ducati1098

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Wildtrak, 2012 Ford Fusion
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs