First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
N/A
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clever solution! Looks like it could've been a factory addition. Maybe they'll see this and find a way to incorporate it before my Bronco is built some time next year.

Thank you for posting!

67BroncoG1

Base
First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 2D Squatch, '67 Bronco, '24 Grenadier -ordered
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Over 65 mph it is so loud that I slow down. Fine around town but no way in hell is it going on a road trip. At 75 mph you can no longer talk to the passenger.

RainbowStix

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota Tacoma
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Having owned a hard top before the soft, I can say they’re very comparable with noise in anything over 35mph.

nice job OP!

AK SNO RIDER

First Edition
First Name
Ty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 GT350, '04 6.0, '76 High Boy
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Over 65 mph it is so loud that I slow down. Fine around town but no way in hell is it going on a road trip. At 75 mph you can no longer talk to the passenger.
I feel the same way, but I just turn the radio up instead of slowing down. It really is downright obnoxious above 65-70mph.

Crosswinds take it to a new level.

I was shocked the first time I took my clamshell off and saw the lack of weather-stripping in that area.

Nice work OP. I thought your pictures made the location abundantly clear to anyone who's ever pulled their top or looked inside their cargo area.

Most of my noise seems to come from the seal above the windshield, but I may give this a try at some point.

Sponsored

KGRoberts

Badlands
First Name
Kurt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'72 Chevelle
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Nice. I am just seeing this. Are you required to take the top off to apply this fix? I'm sure the answer will be abundantly clear once I go outside in the light, and look at my top.

Thanks!!

kodiakisland

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
12 Tacoma, 18 Indian, 23 GV70
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I feel the same way, but I just turn the radio up instead of slowing down. It really is downright obnoxious above 65-70mph.

Crosswinds take it to a new level.

I was shocked the first time I took my clamshell off and saw the lack of weather-stripping in that area.

Nice work OP. I thought your pictures made the location abundantly clear to anyone who's ever pulled their top or looked inside their cargo area.

Most of my noise seems to come from the seal above the windshield, but I may give this a try at some point.

Just wait until you get in a strong enough crosswind to suck the downwind side window out of the channel. Takes loud to a new level, and right at your ear. I've had it happen several times now and seen others report the same thing. This top is a joke. I can't believe this thing doesn't sell for less than $500 because it's total crap, and I've had a lot of removable tops before but nothing this poor in design.

OP
OP

Geo2

Badlands
First Name
George
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford F-150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Nice. I am just seeing this. Are you required to take the top off to apply this fix? I'm sure the answer will be abundantly clear once I go outside in the light, and look at my top.

Thanks!!
No. I didn’t take the top completely off as I didn’t have a helper. I lifted the top up and moved it back just far enough that it rested on the 4 set pins. The photos are the top’s positioning at time of install.

AK SNO RIDER

First Edition
First Name
Ty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 GT350, '04 6.0, '76 High Boy
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Just wait until you get in a strong enough crosswind to suck the downwind side window out of the channel. Takes loud to a new level, and right at your ear. I've had it happen several times now and seen others report the same thing. This top is a joke. I can't believe this thing doesn't sell for less than $500 because it's total crap, and I've had a lot of removable tops before but nothing this poor in design.
I had the rear driver's side window pulling out away from the leading edge seal last week. Boy that was something special.

WLDBST

Badlands
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger FX4 4X4
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I purchased D-shaped strips of rubber gaskets and applied to the inside of the hard top where it meets the door side pillar. This has dramatically improved the noticeable wind noise on the interior. I highlighted with blue markings to indicate what I added. I will add links of what I purchased as well.

6CFA61D0-374C-4476-AC50-92C64665D022.jpeg

F5CD4DBE-3A24-4EB3-9CCD-403D53E49563.jpeg
My driver's side door sounds like it is open a little or the window is down a little but it is not. Just a little wind noise. Started after doing some rock crawling. Maybe this will help? Sounds like it is coming from the door?

Sponsored

mpeugeot

Outer Banks
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
97 Ferrari F355, 11 Ford F-150, 21 OBX 2D
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
You should try 80+ mph for 6+ hours each way every weekend. It was bad enough by myself, but I would feel embarrassed whenever I had people wanting to come along and I was going over 50 MPH.

wanna1

Badlands
First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Ford F150 Platinum 4x4 2022 Mach E
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Thanks for this! I don't have my Bronco yet and have never looked closely at a hardtop but I could clearly see where you added the gaskets due to your blue highlights. Great job !!!!

Skeld

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Chevrolet Silverado 2500 HD
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
This isn't very reassuring. Sounds like the MIC top might be louder than the soft top, because there is noticeable wind noise but we can definitely have a conversation at 75 MPH.

Stampede.Offroad

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
junk
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
You must have a lemon top. I rarely drive less than 70mph and get blasted with all kinds of crosswinds on the prairie, but the Bronco is no louder inside than any other truck or van I've been in.

sphaller

Outer Banks
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Outer Banks 4-Door
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

You must have a lemon top. I rarely drive less than 70mph and get blasted with all kinds of crosswinds on the prairie, but the Bronco is no louder inside than any other truck or van I've been in.
Same, I notice it's louder than around town, but can still talk to everyone else in there perfectly fine. Hoping it stays that way, since I've had it all of two weeks...
Sponsored