Cleigh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1994 bronco, 2015 yukon denali xl, minivan
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

One thing I like about my dealer/salesmen at my local Ford dealer is that after my first purchase from him with a bad experience with the finance guy, I've now bought 5-6 vehicles from him and never even saw the finance guy. One of the reasons I truly want to buy from them. As I've told him, I don't have to get the Granger deal but I want a deal good enough so that I don't feel the need to take the Granger out of fiduciary competence issues.
That's awesome! Teach me the ways of not seeing a finance guy? I thought that was mandatory, like the final boss in video games...
Sponsored

1SloEco

Badlands
First Name
Patrick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 F350 & 2023 Bronco Outer Bnaks
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

None in Nashville for sure, I'm going to Stephens
Agreed, nothing in the Nashville area. I currently have a reservation with Russell Barnett in Manchester TN, they won't respond to any emails now that I shared Stephens' deal.

Needless to say, after the Build & Price is released, I will be switching to Stephens.

OP
OP

Judge Rufus

Banned
Wildtrak
Banned
Banned
First Name
Wheeler
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Infiniti QX80, GMC Sierra, Mercedes SLK32 AMG,
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
how are they offering X-plan when the invoice won't even show x-plan it will only show all other plans
You're the finance guy and you don't know how to calculate the X-plan price unless the computer prints it out on the invoice?!!?!!

I tried this with my local Dealer and they sent me flying. Not sure this will work.
Negotiations only work if you have a walk away alternative. I clearly have several walk away alternative, as I explained in my OP. My local dealer has been very open, transparent to this point. They committed that there would be no ADM and no required add-on services (etching, tinting, etc) and would honor X-Plan if the car was eligible.

At X-plan pricing, the differential between them and Grainger was going to be about $850. Net out the transportation, I was willing to stay local. But now that X-Plan is out, the differential between MSRP and the Grainger deal is about $2,600. So I want to give my local dealer the opportunity to keep me whole by, not coming all the way down to the Grainger deal, but just meet me at invoice pricing. This way they get to keep the volume rebate from Ford as well as count my purchase in their dealer allocation metric. If they aren't willing to go down, that's okay, because I have an alternative.

acetdeucy

Badlands
First Name
daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lincoln Corsair Lexus RX350
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

What do you mean? I have to reach out to someone in the Texas Buyer post?
I’m sorry if it offends you to have to do something. No, of course not! You don’t need to reach out to anyone.

fpGT350

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
99 Viper RT/10; 09 AMG C63; 18 GT350
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Negotiating the best price is the American way. I'm certain I am not living in an alternative universe and, in my experience as a new car buyer going all the way back to 1968, paying MSRP or anything close to it for a car is not a great deal. $500 over dealer invoice has worked for me dozens of times. MSRP or MSRP+ is for (1) uninformed buyers or (2) buyers that just want the car now and don't want to wait for a better deal or (3) they don't give a damn because the money difference doesn't change their lifestyle one iota. I paid MSRP once in my life using excuse #3 when I purchased my new 96 Viper GTS. Money was easy back then and the Viper GTS was a very limited production car (the only one in Tucson at the time). The Bronco is not a limited production vehicle and eventually you will see them all over town. If we are rational consumers, we should be using invoice as a reference rate, not MSRP. Dealers understand this too! I believe the OP is correct in his approach.

Sponsored

Russ1Bronco

Base
First Name
Russ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Edge
Your Bronco Model
Base
That's awesome! Teach me the ways of not seeing a finance guy? I thought that was mandatory, like the final boss in video games...
..Go to your bank and get pre-approved for the loan...usually you get a bit lower rate if you have good standing with your bank...and a good credit score...you get to use your own finance guy..or girl...

Markatmac

Black Diamond
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Flex Fiesta Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
There's mo
Now there you go!
More to life than money bud. My salesperson is a former marine and a great guy and I will support him and my local community.
'Loyalty' and 'experience in buying' are such nebulous concepts I can't even fathom a leveled response. I doubt your local dealership to whom your loyalties lie really gives a shit about you other than knowing you're a sucker for a 'yes sir right away sir' and you'll pay extra for it

What I'll remember for the rest of my life is my wife kicking her feet up on the dash of my new Bronco, roof off, kid in the backseat, sun shining on us while we start a week long family vacation through the Smokies. All paid for with the few thousand dollars I saved by shopping a smarter deal.
You are unable to fathom "nebulous" concepts such as loyalty because you are not a former marine.

The Compensator

Outer Banks
First Name
Cleigh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1994 bronco, 2015 yukon denali xl, minivan
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

..Go to your bank and get pre-approved for the loan...usually you get a bit lower rate if you have good standing with your bank...and a good credit score...you get to use your own finance guy..or girl...
I do that every time, and I still always get to hangout with the finance guy, they say it's just to sign the paperwork, but they always try to upsale me, and even run my credit trying to "find me a lower rate".

Johnl702

Outer Banks
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Kia Cadenza
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
There's mo

More to life than money bud. My salesperson is a former marine and a great guy and I will support him and my local community.

You are unable to fathom "nebulous" concepts such as loyalty because you are not a former marine.
Unfortunately for every reputable salesman there's ten that will screw you over. I've been buying cars for 30 years and have had two experiences that were what I consider positive. I remember going to dealerships with my Dad and it was the same then.
Hopefully my Bronco buying experience will great.

Gamecock

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Badlands / Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Unfortunately for every reputable salesman there's ten that will screw you over. I've been buying cars for 30 years and have had two experiences that were what I consider positive. I remember going to dealerships with my Dad and it was the same then.
Hopefully my Bronco buying experience will great.
I get that sentiment, but it's kind of up to you to not get screwed over. Educate yourself, go in prepared and pay attention, and you won't get screwed over. My buying experiences are all positive, because I quickly walk and deal with someone else if it's not heading in that direction. With every little bit of pricing information available when negotiating, you certainly should never be in a position to allow yourself to be screwed over.

Sponsored

Megawatt

First Name
JO
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lifted Rubicon usually off-road.
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
You sure you want to leave Texas?? Everyone that I have met from Texas always moves back. Just saying!
I have been away for 23 years (stupid job pays way too good to leave). I made $3 just typing this reply while at work. Still on my way back to Texas.

Johnl702

Outer Banks
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Kia Cadenza
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I get that sentiment, but it's kind of up to you to not get screwed over. Educate yourself, go in prepared and pay attention, and you won't get screwed over. My buying experiences are all positive, because I quickly walk and deal with someone else if it's not heading in that direction. With every little bit of pricing information available when negotiating, you certainly should never be in a position to allow yourself to be screwed over.
I've never been screwed by the salesman, I just walk out. When I was young they would try the hold your license game. I told one salesman I was calling the police because he was keeping me hostage. Its a negative experience with the games that are played. If they've never tried that with you, great.

Tonka Bronka

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F350, V60 Polestar, 900SS, K1300S, RnineT Racer
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
There's mo

Don’t know what your point is bud. I was congratulating him on his plans with his family in the mountains. I am a former USCG member, I like my money too. My local dealer could do the same as Stephens or Granger or whoever but choose not to so no they will not get my support no matter what they used to do or where they used to serve. Local Schmocal!

Petey

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
You're the finance guy and you don't know how to calculate the X-plan price unless the computer prints it out on the invoice?!!?!!

Negotiations only work if you have a walk away alternative. I clearly have several walk away alternative, as I explained in my OP. My local dealer has been very open, transparent to this point. They committed that there would be no ADM and no required add-on services (etching, tinting, etc) and would honor X-Plan if the car was eligible.

At X-plan pricing, the differential between them and Grainger was going to be about $850. Net out the transportation, I was willing to stay local. But now that X-Plan is out, the differential between MSRP and the Grainger deal is about $2,600. So I want to give my local dealer the opportunity to keep me whole by, not coming all the way down to the Grainger deal, but just meet me at invoice pricing. This way they get to keep the volume rebate from Ford as well as count my purchase in their dealer allocation metric. If they aren't willing to go down, that's okay, because I have an alternative.
This is the most sensible post I have seen yet on this thread. Give your local dealers a shot, negotiate a deal with them, and if you don't like it, go to another dealer.
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.