Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 C/O Black Diamond
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

How is he even going to transfer the order? No way in hell the dealer is going to sell to you at MSRP when they can go to Joe Random for 10k in no time.

LowerSlowerDelaware

Base
First Name
Lee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru Outback, Chevy S10 Ram 3500
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

“Leave the Gun, Take the Cannoli”

You have a price protected MSRP 4 Door that you can drive until you get your A-Plan 2 Door in Two or Three Years plus you’ll have a re-sell value on the 4 Door for what you paid today given demand, inflation and Ford MSRP increases.

You’re not going to miss the bells and whistles you think you’re giving up with going to a Base. The Base is the best bargain in the Bronco lineup and a Basquatch pkg only improves that value compared to the upper trim levels

Rockett

Big Bend
First Name
Rockett
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Big Bend
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

i have a friend that ordered a bronco and no longer wants it. it has arrived and he offered it to me. its not exactly what i want but i know i wont be able to get what i want for a really long time. i wanted a 2 dr badlands with lux and sas package. this is a 4 dr base with 2.7 steel bumper, sas, and soft top(which is the part that is making me question it mostly) should i settle for this or wait until i can order what i want?

5E7CF66C-CFA3-4DF0-AADF-FBD360639C1E.jpeg

C172AE51-2BC1-4258-B0CE-720E99DBC182.jpeg
I bought a big bend off a dealer lot while I wait for my badlands order which could be another 1year or longer. I’m thrilled to be driving a Bronco while I wait, even if it’s not exactly what I want. I can trade, sell (not flip, sell) or keep the big bend when the badlands is ready.

frdfan

Big Bend
First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 BB Sasquatch HPRM
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
it would be at msrp of $46k plus i can get A-plan.
I'd go with the BaseSquatch, take the A-Plan, drive it and if after 6 months, you don't like it,..the order banks will likely be open, and then you can order the Badlands--remember the Badlands, 2dr, Lux has some of the longest wait times of all the Bronco trims-you'll be waiting awhile.

Sponsored

Rspayde

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 C/O Black Diamond
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Just provide some color. When I transfered my order to my dad. Ford needed copies of our birth certificates to confirm that we were immediately realted.

Good luck tho.

JimmyG

Badlands
First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fords and Cadillacs
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

At that price? Take it and run. You can ADD almost anything aftermarket. What do you really need/want from the factory? You can get it all and then some. That's a great price so to me, I'd snag it and run.

mpeugeot

Outer Banks
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
97 Ferrari F355, 11 Ford F-150, 21 OBX 2D
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I might add that as a 2 door owner, there are times that I do wish I got the 4 door... Those are very rare times, but the 2 door is really tight when it comes to having enough room for everything you might want to take on the road with you (especially if you have more than 2 people in the vehicle). It's worth at least experiencing the 4 door for a while. Long term, having to pick only 1, yes, 2 door everytime... but if I knew I was going to be waiting 6+ months - I would rock the 4 door for the interim.

sjudas

Big Bend
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Why is the soft top a concern? I live in Minnesota and mine is plenty warm, I've rode in a few hard tops and sadly they were almost as noisy (upgrade the factory speakers on the B&O and you wont hear noises :) ) and then the one thing I love the most it that I can open it up when I am 500 miles from home and if it rains I can close it try that with a hardtop when its hanging in the garage 500 miles away. Not to mention my soft top hasn't cracked, scratched or separated :)

My original Wildtrak order was for a dual top and I changed it to get it faster. The hardtop would just be taking up room in my garage.

Just my two cents regarding the top comment :)
Nailed it!!!!!!

Gotdesl

Badlands
First Name
Alan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ram 3500 Megacab 4x4
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Honestly, if you felt that this was close enough and that you would be happy with the decision, I don't think you would have asked on a forum. You would have already known the answer without asking for it from someone else. Seeing as you aren't comfortable with settling right now, I think you will be even less comfortable with that decision after the new wears off. Do it right and get what it is you really want. At the end of all of this, the Bronco is a mass produced vehicle. They will build exactly what it is you want if you can keep that focus. Whatever the answer is, you need to be happy with it before doing anything. Good luck and hopefully it won't be all that long.

Sponsored

JerryC

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
One more wrinkle for you. You can buy this one, use the VIN to go to the Off Rodeo and when you trade it on the 2dr you can go to the Off Rodeo again.

DatDude65265

Badlands
First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Toyota Highlander - 2008 Honda CR-V
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Why is the soft top a concern? I live in Minnesota and mine is plenty warm, I've rode in a few hard tops and sadly they were almost as noisy (upgrade the factory speakers on the B&O and you wont hear noises :) ) and then the one thing I love the most it that I can open it up when I am 500 miles from home and if it rains I can close it try that with a hardtop when its hanging in the garage 500 miles away. Not to mention my soft top hasn't cracked, scratched or separated :)

My original Wildtrak order was for a dual top and I changed it to get it faster. The hardtop would just be taking up room in my garage.

Just my two cents regarding the top comment :)
As a hard top owner, you’re spot on. I very much envy the ability of soft toppers to be impulsive. I travel a bit for work and it’s a bummer to lack the ability to just open her up and enjoy the fair weather.

For me it was about the cost. Hard-top was a ~$1,000 upgrade. An aftermarket soft top will be ~$1,500, and likely better quality and appearance than OEM. Try finding an aftermarket hardtop for under ~$4000.

IMO, the hard top looks way cleaner, and can also be wrapped or painted to fit whatever aesthetic you want.

Where I live, there are only a few months out of the year that going topless is even comfortable. My 4dr will hold front and middle panels with the back seats down. Not ideal, but good enough if I’m hankerin’ for some wind in my bald spot.

Ripcurl

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
DodgeRam 1500 Laramie, HarleyDavidson 48
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
You can always take the 2 rear doors off and pretend its a 2 door......

Maybe you have the FOMO now, but I'd wait for what you really want

Compta38

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Fusion
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
If you NEED a Bronco now then take it but if not why just settle for something you don't want just for the sake of having one?

555-RGNE

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Basequatch 2dr 2.7L
Your Bronco Model
Base
At $46K, take it and run. The Basequatch is a hell of a bargain. Plus, it'll give you an opportunity to try the soft top out for a while. My 2 door Basequatch is awesome, but I really wish there was an option for a soft top (square back, that is). You may find that the convenience of being able to open and close the top on a whim outweighs the desire for a two door. And like others have said, at that price, it's essentially risk-free in that you can get your money back out of it when your custom order comes in.
Sponsored