William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Ranger and Toyota FJ Cruiser
Your Bronco Model
Heritage
Clubs

Truthfully we don't know because Ford hasn't released all the information on 2023 price protection yet.

BUT, those who switched to a Bronco Raptor or the Everglades trim this past year lost all of their price protection. Those trims weren't even available when you initially ordered your vehicle, and therefore Ford isn't under any obligation to price protect it. I would assume the same will be true for both the Heritage and Heritage Limited trims in 2023, and you will not have any price protection available to you if you switch to those trims.

BUT, just a guess. We don't know yet.
Thanks, thought the first increase stayed with you since it wasn't dependent or wasn't worded that you couldn't change trims, it was dependent on what was on order at the time. Thought I had read that even if you went down a trim (i.e. from BD to BB) that gave you the higher amount and what was in Vincent.

Has anyone used their 1st certificate on an order that was changed without an issue?
Sponsored

OP
OP
RagnarKon

RagnarKon

Badlands
First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco, Escape, Focus
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Thanks, thought the first increase stayed with you since it wasn't dependent or wasn't worded that you couldn't change trims, it was dependent on what was on order at the time. Thought I had read that even if you went down a trim (i.e. from BD to BB) that gave you the higher amount and what was in Vincent.

Has anyone used their 1st certificate on an order that was changed without an issue?
Yes you can change trims and keep your price protection from the first year... unless you changed your order to a Bronco Raptor, Everglades, or (presumably) one of the Heritage trims.

I personally changed from Black Diamond to Badlands, and still have my price protection from the Black Diamond.

OP
OP
RagnarKon

RagnarKon

Badlands
First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

While I thought I totally understood this thanks to your chart there is some confusing info in here. Is it true that if your reservation isn't the model you ordered that you lost the reservation price protection? I originally reserved an OBX at one dealer and a Wildtrak at another. Am having a Badlands built this week. I should get mid year protection, I get that but what about the reservation protection? Thanks.
You reservation protection will depend on what you reserved, when you reserved it, and what you had on order as of October 1st, 2021 for those reservations.

CamTalksTech

Outer Banks
First Name
Camryn
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
2022 4 Door Outer Banks
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
So in my case, I had a MY21 that was converted to a 22 and then I added a slide out tailgate in April 22 which raised the MSRP of the vehicle by 1250

In this case, I should be protected and not have to pay that increase?

Little Foot

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Just out of curiosity, has anyone reached out to their Congressman asking for an inquiry to be made about the whole orders vs reservations vs allocations and price protections, etc....?

I mean if the airlines are getting scrutinized by the government and congressional inquires for flight delays and cancelations, I figure this is probably on the same level of interest to a Congressman that is in an election year....

Just saying......

Sponsored

OmahaKevin

Outer Banks
First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Mustang GT, 2012 Edge
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Just out of curiosity, has anyone reached out to their Congressman asking for an inquiry to be made about the whole orders vs reservations vs allocations and price protections, etc....?

I mean if the airlines are getting scrutinized by the government and congressional inquires for flight delays and cancelations, I figure this is probably on the same level of interest to a Congressman that is in an election year....

Just saying......
hmmm ... interesting idea ...

OP
OP
RagnarKon

RagnarKon

Badlands
First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Just saying......
I did actually. Here in Connecticut we have a state "luxury" sales tax on automobiles over $50,000. Given the cost of automobiles these days (particular electric vehicles), I think that $50,000 mark is too low, so I've been actively talking to my reps about changing it. And I've also been talking to both my state and federal representative about this allocation system.

The long and short of it is automobile manufacturers don't have the same level of federal regulation on them as trains and airlines. Trains and airlines are considered "critical infrastructure" for the country and are smooth operation of those industries are regulated by the National Mediation Board thanks to the Railway Labor Act (law from the 1920s that's been amended a few times to include airlines).

There is no equivalent federal law for automobiles—most of the regulations around the sale of automobiles are done at the state level. In general, the process of buying an automobile is covered by the same consumer protections we have for other products. And as well all know, here in the United States we don't really have many consumer protections.

So the TL;DR version is, if your state doesn't regulate it (and most don't) then you're SOL.

Little Foot

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I did actually. Here in Connecticut we have a state "luxury" sales tax on automobiles over $50,000. Given the cost of automobiles these days (particular electric vehicles), I think that $50,000 mark is too low, so I've been actively talking to my reps about changing it. And I've also been talking to both my state and federal representative about this allocation system.

The long and short of it is automobile manufacturers don't have the same level of federal regulation on them as trains and airlines. Trains and airlines are considered "critical infrastructure" for the country and are smooth operation of those industries are regulated by the National Mediation Board thanks to the Railway Labor Act (law from the 1920s that's been amended a few times to include airlines).

There is no equivalent federal law for automobiles—most of the regulations around the sale of automobiles are done at the state level. In general, the process of buying an automobile is covered by the same consumer protections we have for other products. And as well all know, here in the United States we don't really have many consumer protections.

So the TL;DR version is, if your state doesn't regulate it (and most don't) then you're SOL.
Thanks for the info....I figure Elected Officials inquiring to Ford about all the reservations going unbuilt, while dealer stock gets filled would not fall on deaf ears....I think it would be something that Ford would not like as Federal Money, tax benefits, etc...Go to all automobile manufacturers in some way shape or form.

Marauder

Badlands
First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

mcinfantry

Badlands
First Name
Lee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Badlands 2 door
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

So if my original order 10/18/21 shows 42,495 on the Dora
now shows
No series or anything other than Sasquatch added BACK. From when it was taken off after initial order in October

How do I get that $2000 back?

Sponsored

Scomi21

Base
First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Subaru Forester, 2011 Toyota Sienna
Your Bronco Model
Base
My walk in (non res) order was 02/11/2022 for $34,490. My understanding is I have retail pricing protection. My window sticker is showing $36,690. What do I need to tell the dealer to look up? They are small town and my salesman is a young 20s kid that I’m basically educating on Bronco process. Looking for any real life examples from recent folks that were subject to these latest March/July price increases but were protected via retail pricing protection.

redone17

Black Diamond
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco, 2020 Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Is adding Sasquatch considered changing your “series”?

Didn’t see that mentioned anywhere. I have an 11/2020 reservation for a 4DR BD with advanced 4x4. Thinking I may add Sasquatch if I can keep the fully monte PP.

redone17

Black Diamond
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco, 2020 Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
@RagnarKon - do you happen to know if adding Sasquatch is considered changing the series or 4x4 package?

OP
OP
RagnarKon

RagnarKon

Badlands
First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

@RagnarKon - do you happen to know if adding Sasquatch is considered changing the series or 4x4 package?
Depends on the trim.

For Base and Big Bend the answer is “yes”. For Badlands the answer is “no”. For BD and OBX it depends on if switching to Sasquatch requires you switch transfer cases.

redone17

Black Diamond
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco, 2020 Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Depends on the trim.

For Base and Big Bend the answer is “yes”. For Badlands the answer is “no”. For BD and OBX it depends on if switching to Sasquatch requires you switch transfer cases.
Wow, that’s some convoluted BS.

I had the Advanced 4x4 on my original order.

BD Sasquatch drive ratio goes to 4.7 from 4.46.
Sponsored