Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco, Escape, Focus
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Wow, that’s some convoluted BS.

I had the Advanced 4x4 on my original order.

BD Sasquatch drive ratio goes to 4.7 from 4.46.
Yeah that's because the Bronco actually has 4 different series codes that they somehow expanded into 7 different trims. They really tried to peanut-butter spread all of the options across multiple different trims and as a result they have some trims that span over multiple series codes depending how they are configured.

But anyway, you should be okay if you had Advanced 4x4 on your original order based on my understanding of how this all works. Before you change it just verify with your dealer than your order won't be re-invoiced. (Hopefully they knows what that means.)
Sponsored

FleshTuxedo

Outer Banks
First Name
A
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 OBX 2dr.
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

So, I'm a mathematical moron, and very tired. However, I went to the dealer today and my Bronco should be sold to me within the next couple of days. I apparently have only a $400 price protection, but shouldn't it be more based on this thread? I completed my order on 3/08/21.
I changed the order once, but only like a month or so after that.
Any advice would help. Thanks, all.

Outer Banks 2dr for more info.

FleshTuxedo

Outer Banks
First Name
A
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 OBX 2dr.
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Thank you. I watched Video B (video A is too long for me to watch right now), and it seems that they absolutely need to uphold my original MSRP.

My MSRP on my window sticker is, yes $2,400 more now. I don't know how to approach the salesperson with this info. I'm not generally a pushy person, but that's a preeeetyy decent amount of money.

So would I be reimbursed that $2k or do I get them to drop it?

Last edited:

Broncobuster13

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Base
Thank you. I watched Video B (video A is too long for me to watch right now), and it seems that they absolutely need to uphold my original MSRP.

My MSRP on my window sticker is, yes $2,400 more now. I don't know how to approach the salesperson with this info. I'm not generally a pushy person, but that's a preeeetyy decent amount of money.

So would I be reimbursed that $2k or do I get them to drop it?
That depends on your dealer. A lot that I’ve talked to say they take it off up front, and then have you sign a paper to assign the check to them. The dealer I did my deal with unfortunately does not. I’m still fighting for my check ($1600) two months later. They claimed they had no proof that I qualified for that protection since it wasn’t in Vincent and agreed to make sure I got the check from Ford, then tried to sell my Bronco out from under me. My latest update yesterday was them giving me their rep’s email and telling me to contact him directly.

Mikey D

Outer Banks
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.mikedelninno.com
Vehicle(s)
2005 Ford Explorer
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Alright... so based on my daily browsing of this forum, it is clear that the price protection system Ford has created for us is confusing both for customers and for dealers. So I'm going to attempt to help the situation and give clarity to it. Keep in mind this is intended for customers in the United States. Customers in Canada have their own program(s), but I don't know those details (apologies to our northern neighbors).

If any of this is wrong please let me know ASAP. I don't want to add to the confusion.

Generally speaking there are three price protection programs in play:
  • Retail Price Protection - This is Ford's standard price protection that applies to all Ford vehicles and is designed to protect order holders from mid-year price increases. It is based on your order date and remains valid for the remainder of the 2022 model year.
  • PGM#38406 - This program was created specifically for early reservation holders to protect the from the 2022MY Price Increases. This program is only valid for the 2022MY, but there will be an updated 2023MY program at some point in the future for those who gets pushed or are holding out until 2023.
  • PGM#38446 - This program is effectively an addendum to the PGM#38406 to protect order holders from the 2022.5MY Price Increases. This program is only valid for the 2022MY.
IMPORTANT JULY 15th, 2022 UPDATE
On July 15th, Ford implemented their second round of price increases for the 2022MY—details here. As far as I know, PGM#38446 is still the correct program number, and covers both the March and the July price increases. If this is incorrect, please let me know.

Exactly which of these programs you qualify for is dependent on what you had reserved, what you ordered, when you reserved/ordered, etc. etc. On the table below... Column A is the price protection money for the 2022MY price increases, and Column B is the price protection money for the March 2022 price increases, and Column C is the price protection money from the July 2022 price increases. The colors on the program numbers above correspond to the colored boxes on the flowchart blow. Using them, you should be able to figure out exactly what you qualify for.

On the dealer's side of things... these price protection programs should appear when they pull up your order/vehicle in Smart VINCENT. If not, they can use the program numbers above and your customer number to find details on the program.

Keep in mind this is simply the protections Ford is offering to you as an order holder. However, the final selling price is ultimately between you and your dealer. Ultimately Ford cannot guarantee the final selling price of the vehicle and (generally speaking) cannot protect your from dealer markups. They can only protect you from the MSRP price increases they themselves have added through the past year or so.

MY2022-PriceProtectionChart.jpg

MY2022_Price_Protection_Flowchart.png

If you would like more information on this... here are a few resources:
So, I ordered my Bronco directly with Ford. The chosen dealer then sent me a Preview Order for approval via email. I approved (never went to dealer or signed Preview Order sheet). I kept a printed copy. My MSRP on dealer preview sheet was $39,355. After my Bronco was scheduled for build, I contacted dealer sales guy (assigned to me), and he sent me a new preview with MSRP $40,855, and said they would honor MSRP. Then my sticker came through with MSRP $41,355. My Original Reservation date was 7/1/2021. My Order confirmation was 11/9/2021. And my last change was 12/17/2021. Which price should the dealer honor? They never notified me of price increase, and they provided an Order Preview which I approved via email.

Sponsored
OP
OP
RagnarKon

RagnarKon

Badlands
First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

So, I ordered my Bronco directly with Ford. The chosen dealer then sent me a Preview Order for approval via email. I approved (never went to dealer or signed Preview Order sheet). I kept a printed copy. My MSRP on dealer preview sheet was $39,355. After my Bronco was scheduled for build, I contacted dealer sales guy (assigned to me), and he sent me a new preview with MSRP $40,855, and said they would honor MSRP. Then my sticker came through with MSRP $41,355. My Original Reservation date was 7/1/2021. My Order confirmation was 11/9/2021. And my last change was 12/17/2021. Which price should the dealer honor? They never notified me of price increase, and they provided an Order Preview which I approved via email.
They should honor the price of the vehicle as it was on 12/17/2021, which should be the original 2022 model year pricing.

There was price increases in March and another set in July, but you have retail price protection against those price increases.

Note that the window sticker price will show the current price of the vehicle at the time the vehicle was produced… not the price of the vehicle when it was ordered. (This is done in case you abandon your order.)

EDIT— If you have you exact build you can message it to me and I can verify the price, although it sounds like you kept all the paperwork.

Mikey D

Outer Banks
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.mikedelninno.com
Vehicle(s)
2005 Ford Explorer
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

They should honor the price of the vehicle as it was on 12/17/2021, which should be the original 2022 model year pricing.

There was price increases in March and another set in July, but you have retail price protection against those price increases.

Note that the window sticker price will show the current price of the vehicle at the time the vehicle was produced… not the price of the vehicle when it was ordered. (This is done in case you abandon your order.)

EDIT— If you have you exact build you can message it to me and I can verify the price, although it sounds like you kept all the paperwork.
Thanks, RagnarKon. I guess I'll see what the dealer says upon delivery (scheduled for Sept 2 - 8). I definitely kept and printed all Preview Order sheets, with the original price. If they don't honor original pricing, what's my recourse, if any?

OP
OP
RagnarKon

RagnarKon

Badlands
First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Thanks, RagnarKon. I guess I'll see what the dealer says upon delivery (scheduled for Sept 2 - 8). I definitely kept and printed all Preview Order sheets, with the original price. If they don't honor original pricing, what's my recourse, if any?
Ford looks for a signed pricing agreement between the seller & dealer. In your case it doesn’t seem like you have a “real” pricing agreement, but you do have email confirmation that they will honor MSRP. Hopefully that’s enough.

Ford themselves cannot force dealers to sell vehicles at specific prices. But they do have clause in their dealer agreement against shady business practices (such as breaking price agreements with customers). And breaking the dealer agreement could result in dealers losing allocation.

If you do run into a problem make sure to try to solve it with the dealer first. Take it all the way to the owner/general manager if you have to. If your dealer doesn’t think you have price protection show then this post and encourage them to talk to their zone manager for details. Solving these issues with it’s the dealer is usually a lot easier and significantly faster than going to Ford.

If that doesn’t work, go to Ford. But again… Ford can’t force them to do anything, all they can do is apply pressure.

And If that doesn’t work… the last ditch effort is blast them on social media. That tactic has proven to be effective, but it tends gets real ugly in a hurry. Definitely a last resort in my opinion.

Mikey D

Outer Banks
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.mikedelninno.com
Vehicle(s)
2005 Ford Explorer
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Ford looks for a signed pricing agreement between the seller & dealer. In your case it doesn’t seem like you have a “real” pricing agreement, but you do have email confirmation that they will honor MSRP. Hopefully that’s enough.

Ford themselves cannot force dealers to sell vehicles at specific prices. But they do have clause in their dealer agreement against shady business practices (such as breaking price agreements with customers). And breaking the dealer agreement could result in dealers losing allocation.

If you do run into a problem make sure to try to solve it with the dealer first. Take it all the way to the owner/general manager if you have to. If your dealer doesn’t think you have price protection show then this post and encourage them to talk to their zone manager for details. Solving these issues with it’s the dealer is usually a lot easier and significantly faster than going to Ford.

If that doesn’t work, go to Ford. But again… Ford can’t force them to do anything, all they can do is apply pressure.

And If that doesn’t work… the last ditch effort is blast them on social media. That tactic has proven to be effective, but it tends gets real ugly in a hurry. Definitely a last resort in my opinion.
I'll just have to wait and see. The dealer (and unfortunately most dealers) are by nature shady. I called ford customer service, and they do not have any certificates on file for price protection. So I guess I'm at the mercy of the dealer, although they should have been forthright and let me know that pricing wasn't firm upon sending me order preview for approval. Who knows, I may be pleasantly surprised and have my first ever GOOD experience with car dealer.

Gritty

Wildtrak
First Name
Stan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Chevy Colorado ZR2
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Looking for some clarification with this PP, any help would be appreciated. Reserved 9-20-20, 2dr Wt, High package, tow and roof rack. Submitted order 1-20-21, re-ordered 10-21-21 when I was pushed to MY22. Did make one changed added Hoss 3.0 which increased price by 2515.00. My original signed price agreement was 52,355, last agreement 56,315. My PP certificate is only 800.00 per Ford Customer Service, but according to the flow chart it should be more. I now have a build date and VIN and wanted another signed agreement, but the dealer is stalling me when I brought up the PP. On a side note I was never able to use to reservation back door tracker, turns out the salesmen manipulated the system using my reservation number to build, order and sell a Bronco Sport in my name. They were not aware I new about it, Ford actually sent me a copy of the build and the VIN. When I confronted the salesman He explained he did it to increase inventory. Then reapplied my original res# back to my build. The way I look at it I took my last signed agreement, subtracted the cost for Hoss 3.0, and I should be due the difference between my first signed agreement. Do I have this right? I only deal with the owner now, He seemed pretty nervous when I asked him for the Bronco Sport that they ordered, built and sold in my name haha

Sponsored
OP
OP
RagnarKon

RagnarKon

Badlands
First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Looking for some clarification with this PP, any help would be appreciated. Reserved 9-20-20, 2dr Wt, High package, tow and roof rack. Submitted order 1-20-21, re-ordered 10-21-21 when I was pushed to MY22. Did make one changed added Hoss 3.0 which increased price by 2515.00. My original signed price agreement was 52,355, last agreement 56,315. My PP certificate is only 800.00 per Ford Customer Service, but according to the flow chart it should be more. I now have a build date and VIN and wanted another signed agreement, but the dealer is stalling me when I brought up the PP. On a side note I was never able to use to reservation back door tracker, turns out the salesmen manipulated the system using my reservation number to build, order and sell a Bronco Sport in my name. They were not aware I new about it, Ford actually sent me a copy of the build and the VIN. When I confronted the salesman He explained he did it to increase inventory. Then reapplied my original res# back to my build. The way I look at it I took my last signed agreement, subtracted the cost for Hoss 3.0, and I should be due the difference between my first signed agreement. Do I have this right? I only deal with the owner now, He seemed pretty nervous when I asked him for the Bronco Sport that they ordered, built and sold in my name haha
Alright so I'm going to ignore the whole part regarding the dealer using your reservation to order a Bronco Sport, because that is a wildcard I don't have any easy answers to. Hopefully it doesn't cause a bunch of issues for you.

As for everything else, you should have the following:
  • $800 price protection certificate from Ford.
    • This comes through Ford via a private offer
  • $2000 retail price protection for placing your order before the March price increases.
    • This comes from your dealer, and Ford reimburses your dealer after the vehicle is confirmed sold to the original order holder.
The $2000 retail price protection, in effect, makes your HOSS 3.0 package cost $515 instead of $2515.

Gritty

Wildtrak
First Name
Stan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Chevy Colorado ZR2
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Alright so I'm going to ignore the whole part regarding the dealer using your reservation to order a Bronco Sport, because that is a wildcard I don't have any easy answers to. Hopefully it doesn't cause a bunch of issues for you.

As for everything else, you should have the following:
  • $800 price protection certificate from Ford.
    • This comes through Ford via a private offer
  • $2000 retail price protection for placing your order before the March price increases.
    • This comes from your dealer, and Ford reimburses your dealer after the vehicle is confirmed sold to the original order holder.
The $2000 retail price protection, in effect, makes your HOSS 3.0 package cost $515 instead of $2515.
Thank you so much for clarifying, Just wanted to be sure when I go back to the dealer. You should be commended for the time you spend on this for everybody!

Scomi21

Base
First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Subaru Forester, 2011 Toyota Sienna
Your Bronco Model
Base
Are there any materials on retail price protection? I saw the old thing from 2016 with a Ford Explorer on it. My Bronco is being built this week and is $2.2k more since walk in ordering in Jan/Feb this year.

OP
OP
RagnarKon

RagnarKon

Badlands
First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Are there any materials on retail price protection? I saw the old thing from 2016 with a Ford Explorer on it. My Bronco is being built this week and is $2.2k more since walk in ordering in Jan/Feb this year.
There isn’t anything publicly available that is specific for the Bronco other than what is listed on Ford’s FAQ page.

Retail price protection is standard on all retail orders for Ford vehicles. There isn’t anything Bronco-specific about it and it’s been around for as long as I can remember. So that page you are looking at from 2016 is probably perfectly valid today.
Sponsored