Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1965 Cobra,
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Every time I read the word squatch I think of my morning ritual.
Sponsored

CT203

Badlands
First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'13 JK
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

No one mentioned that it is covered by the manufacturer's warranty as opposed to going aftermarket which will not be covered by the warranty. I also believe that 30 years from now a factory Sasquatch'd package will be more desirable than a modified Bronco.
That also makes me question will it add much to resale in 3-5 years if someone were to sell. While you’re not getting to total difference back, I think you’d get more for a squatch Vs non. I chose not to squatch, #1 because if it did it would only be for appearance, #2 I already optioned the price to more than I planned, #3 I’m not going to use it to its full capabilities as it is and #4 it’s already a tight fit in the garage. You people with big garages with high ceilings make me envious. Glad I have a garage though.

CT203

Badlands
First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'13 JK
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

True, if the SAS manual were available in 2021 I’d have ordered it, but I really have no use for SAS (or badlands if I’m honest) living on Cape Cod. I was planning on changing my order for 2022 to a Base and adding 285/70R17 tires to save $15K. Ford beat me to it by delivering my 2021 after they notified me I’d be reordering for 2022. Oh well, the badlands with high package is awesome.

Living in Flagstaff, AZ where I did when I ordered the Bronco, I could use the Badlands or SAS regularly in Sedona or Moab. The original plan was to keep my 2020 Raptor and have the wife daily the Bronco. Cross country move for new careers changed all that.
Flagstaff to the Cape- that’s a move! I can hear the rust forming.

Chippewa-Pin

Badlands
First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Santa Fe, Tucson, Z4, T/A
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Top is what I ordered (optional wheels & A/T tires). Bottom is SAS. For $3,095 more, I just didn't think it was worth it for what we need. I think the A/T tires will be better than the M/T tires for daily driving, which ours will be 99% of the time.

Ford Bronco To Squatch or Not To Squatch on Badlands 1651492386448

Ford Bronco To Squatch or Not To Squatch on Badlands 1651492415605

rcloke0124

Badlands
First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco 4-Door, Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
What’s your Opinion on getting the Sasquatch package on a badlands model?
I've read a lot of OPINIONs in this forum and it all comes down to this, are you buying a vehicle that will never be used to its abilities, or are you the type that will push your vehicle to its limits? My Bronco will be scratched, dented, stuck, and repaired my times. So yes, I bought the SAS package.

Sponsored

DrewBronc21

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Subaru STi, 2018 Camry Hybrid
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I've read a lot of OPINIONs in this forum and it all comes down to this, are you buying a vehicle that will never be used to its abilities, or are you the type that will push your vehicle to its limits? My Bronco will be scratched, dented, stuck, and repaired my times. So yes, I bought the SAS package.
You dont NEED Sasquatch for what you’re planning to do either. In fact, you don't even NEED a Bronco. Any old 4x4 beater with lockers will be capable off-road and already have the scratches and dents.

Should someone not buy a GT350 or GT500 unless they’re trailering it to the track every weekend? Almost nobody is using their vehicles to the limits. Not Bronco owner or Shelby owner.

rcloke0124

Badlands
First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco 4-Door, Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
You dont NEED Sasquatch for what you’re planning to do either. In fact, you don't even NEED a Bronco. Any old 4x4 beater with lockers will be capable off-road and already have the scratches and dents.

Should someone not buy a GT350 or GT500 unless they’re trailering it to the track every weekend? Almost nobody is using their vehicles to the limits. Not Bronco owner or Shelby owner.
And yet your Avatar name is "DrewBronco21", interesting.

ryannshit

Badlands
First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Website
youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Badlands 2.3 L Manual
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I went with the manual Badlands for my '21 which didn't have Sasquatch available. I installed a 1" leveling kit which cost ~$70 and full Sunday's worth of my time. I added 35" tires later and sold the stock ones. In comparison to a sasquatch model that was just delivered from ice mountain I am taller in the front and lower in the rear when compared to it on flat ground.

But from back to front my bronco is "level" and for me I prefer the look. The 35" nittos I got are a whole lot meaner looking than the sasquatch 35s from factory.

pxl_20220312_220642565.jpg

pxl_20220312_220531440.jpg

Bronco Bob

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1977 Bronco, 1994 Bronco, 2009 F150, 2017 F 250
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Unless you are extreme rock crawling I don't think you really need it. Everyone who has seen mine thinks it's Sasquatched and I saw the same color 2-door First Edition yesterday and the only thing that stood out was the graphics package.

Ford Bronco To Squatch or Not To Squatch on Badlands pxl_20220312_220531440
I would have guessed this was a Sas, I have the same one in Hot Pepper Red and it doesn't look this tall.

Tdifonzo

Badlands
First Name
Thomas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Audi S3
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I would have guessed this was a Sas, I have the same one in Hot Pepper Red and it doesn't look this tall.
Do you have the optional wheels? They definitely help.

Sponsored

greenmachine343

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I have the non squatch badlands and the tires are bigger than anything i would ever need.

The stock tires are better than the sasquatch tires (ko2's) and you get more suspension travel as well as a less wide stance and fender flares. (better for parking)

IMO if you want a badlands it would be a mistake to get the squatch package because while the extra inch or 2 of clearance might help on the most extreme trail , the reality is you would be better served keeping it stock and then going to 37's with a bunch of aftermarket support to make it truely beefy off road.

Squatch package imo is for people who get the lower trims who want to maximize their off road ability from the factory. Not really for the badlands which is already amazing

Landin536

Badlands
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
VW Golf
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
If you plan on going larger than 35 inch tires and lifting again then don’t Squatch it.

I’m personally happy with the look, ground clearance and performance of the Sasquatch package on my Badlands.

To each their own though. No right or wrong answers.
Ford Bronco To Squatch or Not To Squatch on Badlands 3597AE81-E2B7-4C39-9BF6-C2C1B6064A67

mike8675309

Base
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco ManSquatch, 2023 Chevy Silverado
Your Bronco Model
Base
Badlands with the Sasquatch package is going to have more resell value than a non sas Badlands that someone threw a few thousand into to gain the tires and height.
In the first case, it's a factory. In the second case, no one will know who put that together, reducing the value.

For example, you could have a transferable bumper-to-bumper warranty that covers the suspension and wheels of the Sasquatch but isn't going to cover the aftermarket suspension and wheels someone adds.

If any of that is a concern for you, then get the Sasquatch on your Badlands. IF that is a non-concern for you, then the value for the sasquatch isn't really there on the badlands. Sasquatch makes sense in other versions, but there are only a very few places where it makes sense in the badlands case.

flip

Badlands
Base Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.ruxerparts.com
Vehicle(s)
Fords
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

My next BL will also be non-SAS. I hated the GY Terrains and didn't see any point in the extra cost of the wheels and tires if they're going to get replaced at some point. Also, BL shocks have slightly more travel and I've yet to see any appreciable difference in ride quality between SAS and non. Did go 2.3 with the optional wheels this time though.

Nothing wrong with either package and the decision should be based on how it will be used and what type of look you're after.

Ripcurl

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
DodgeRam 1500 Laramie, HarleyDavidson 48
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Squatch will make it a little harder for the rabbits out front to eat my wires........they're like wtf is this?

If you don't need it or want it, don't get it and don't sweat it

This has almost turned into an old Eddie Murphy special.........."you don't got no ice cream........cause you're on the welfare.........you can't afford it..."
Sponsored