Sponsored

V8 HEMI 392 Jeep Wrangler production model announcement teaser. Will Ford answer with V8 Bronco?

Dave4x4

Wildtrak
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 Wrangler, 2022 Defender 90, 2023 2Dr Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

No war for me... I currently have a 2000 2dr Jeep Sport that I like a lot .... no death wobble... no real issues at all... I have had it off road and I have driven it from NY to Florida and back... I plan to keep it even after I get my 2dr Wildtrak
Sponsored

Hoofnmouth

Banned
Base
Banned
Banned
First Name
mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ford focus st
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

It’s good for us to have choices....

Door A, echo boost engine V6

18332FDA-0A34-4511-8EFE-268E805C4B13.jpeg

or you can have what’s behind door B....

5F882610-E02A-4AC9-900A-F342D315D3B5.jpeg

and they even had room to add an ARB air compressor next to the BIG V8.
Oooh door #2 with a stick.

Dirty Bronco

Badlands
First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco - 4 Door Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Let them come out with the Hemi. Jeep fans will smile and feel all special inside. Then when they are all giggly Ford will drop the Warthog on their heads and they will all pee their pants.

Last edited:

Sponsored

Mattwings

Badlands
First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Badlands Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Yeah it is going to be interesting to see how things play out. Ford is still absolutely dominating the pickup game with the ecoboost engines. I don’t see them ever putting a coyote in the Bronco due to how fuckhuge it is. But the 6.8 pushrod that’s rumored for the mustang and F-150 would be interesting...

*Fiat-Chrysler-Peugeot which are 3 things that people think about when imagining maximum reliability ?
I am getting fully behind the conspiracy theory of the Baby Godzilla 6.8 being in the Warthog and 2022 Raptor. It would have almost the same specs at the Mopar V8. That being said, the 2.7 is already overkill and can be tuned to 400HP with a few minor mods. I am still struggling between the 2.3 and 2.7 ?

Dads_bronze_bronco

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
08 JKUR / x_x 00 TJ x_x
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

Baby steps. The Bronco is going to destroy the Wrangler's market.

Just as capable off-road? Check. Customizable with any size wheels up to 35? Check. No death wobble? Lulz. Competitively priced? Yep. Hundred of DIOs to customize your Bronco? Uh-huh. Spotty welds? I admit we'll have to wait on that one.

What's realistic for Ford to ultimately achieve in the off-road, convertible SUV sales market? A third of Jeep sales? Half? Or more?

FCA is printing money based on Wrangler sales.

They're going to lose a significant portion of those sales. And Ford has nothing to lose.
I love how people latch onto "death wobble" like it is the end of Jeep, when it's been around as long as big tired Jeeps have and people still buy them - a lot of them. (It's just a problem to diagnose and modify your way out of, which is part of the allure.) At the same time there was an entire thread of Ford quality issues, transmissions, engines, on and on. My point is every brand has it quality concerns.

At the end of the day the Wrangler (and by extension Gladiator) has a well established community of owners, suppliers, modifiers, and social media channel pundits. None of that is going away. And as Jeep makes minor moves to counter Bronco competitively, that community will be happier and more positive about Jeep. Ford will eat into that market share competitively sure, but it won't be a rout, there is a 75 year history.

I think the Bronco will eat about a quarter of the Wranglers market. It will be mostly four door, and mostly the Sahara crowd looked for "rugged with a better ride". From there Ford has to create their own market of enthusiasts, get the Jeep suppliers to make aftermarket parts for the Broncos too, the modifiers will then come along, and they really, really need to score a convert or two in the social media space (vbloggers who know what they are doing when they mod, and off road and can draw direct comparisons in extreme terrain - not Andy).

It would be interesting to do a poll on Bronco6G, how many intend to order a Bronco to replace a Wrangler or Gladiator? If 50% of the Bronco6Gers are Jeepers, then Jeep has something to worry about. If it's much lower, then no.

jeep364

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Jeep WK
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Is Jeep doing the 5.7 or the larger V8? I still for the life of me cannot figure our what the point of putting the larger v8 in is over the 5.7...

Sponsored

Toccoa

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Isuzu Rodeo Sport
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
On November 17th Jeep is introducing a new vehicle. It's highly anticipated that it will be the Jeep Rubicon with the v8 Hemi.

My thoughts are it will be cool but way too expensive knowing how Jeep is with their prices. So it's a non factor for me as of now.

IMO the 2.7 twin turbo v6 Eco boost has plenty of power pretty similar to a v8 especially with the tune for waaaay less money.

My Bronco 2 door build with Base + Sasquatch+ 2.7 and Auto and other extra goodies comes out to $38k. Jeep can't and won't compete with that. https://moparinsiders.com/jeep-announces-it-will-unveil-a-new-vehicle-on-november-17th/
Pretty sure the new vehicle is the updated Grand Cherokee. It’s an update everyone knows is coming , but hasn’t been shown yet.

Mattwings

Badlands
First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Badlands Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I love how people latch onto "death wobble" like it is the end of Jeep, when it's been around as long as big tired Jeeps have and people still buy them - a lot of them. (It's just a problem to diagnose and modify your way out of, which is part of the allure.) At the same time there was an entire thread of Ford quality issues, transmissions, engines, on and on. My point is every brand has it quality concerns.

At the end of the day the Wrangler (and by extension Gladiator) has a well established community of owners, suppliers, modifiers, and social media channel pundits. None of that is going away. And as Jeep makes minor moves to counter Bronco competitively, that community will be happier and more positive about Jeep. Ford will eat into that market share competitively sure, but it won't be a rout, there is a 75 year history.

I think the Bronco will eat about a quarter of the Wranglers market. It will be mostly four door, and mostly the Sahara crowd looked for "rugged with a better ride". From there Ford has to create their own market of enthusiasts, get the Jeep suppliers to make aftermarket parts for the Broncos too, the modifiers will then come along, and they really, really need to score a convert or two in the social media space (vbloggers who know what they are doing when they mod, and off road and can draw direct comparisons in extreme terrain - not Andy).

It would be interesting to do a poll on Bronco6G, how many intend to order a Bronco to replace a Wrangler or Gladiator? If 50% of the Bronco6Gers are Jeepers, then Jeep has something to worry about. If it's much lower, then no.
I agree. At the end of the day, the segment may grow a bit and Bronco will take some customers from Jeep and eventually vice Vera. I have had 3 F150s since my Jeep. One issue with a back up camera at 10k miles with my 15, otherwise perfect. All got better mileage, with my current 2.7 being the best current average of 21.6 mpg. For the hardest of hardcore off rod enthusiast to the Mopar fanboys(and girls) Jeep will continue to do well. For me, I am hoping Ford has a more liveable open top off road capable SUV. I am a Ford fanboy, and getting old, so I care about how a vehicle rides and drives.

BeerForMyHorses

Base
First Name
Jared
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco 2-Door
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

not Andy).
Are you talking about Andy's all access? If so, that's hilarious ?
I'm not a former or current Jeep owner, but I've been considering buying a Jeep for the last couple years, (also eyeing up Toyotas). The release of the bronco has stolen my potential Jeep purchase. So your hypothetical poll could include a third option where I would fall under, something like "was considering a Jeep until bronco".