Sponsored

V8 HEMI 392 Jeep Wrangler production model announcement teaser. Will Ford answer with V8 Bronco?

Canyonero02

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford F150, 2021 Jeep JKUR
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I'm a current Jeep owner who will be in the market in about 18 months when my F150 is paid off. I don't want 2 payments. Our 2016 JK has been great. I'm leaning Bronco at the moment but haven't ruled out another Jeep. I agree the 5.7 would be a better choice for most people at a couple thousand $'s over the other engines. The 392 will be out of most people's budgets.
Sponsored

BD1

Badlands
First Name
BD1
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I love how people latch onto "death wobble" like it is the end of Jeep, when it's been around as long as big tired Jeeps have and people still buy them - a lot of them. (It's just a problem to diagnose and modify your way out of, which is part of the allure.) At the same time there was an entire thread of Ford quality issues, transmissions, engines, on and on. My point is every brand has it quality concerns.

At the end of the day the Wrangler (and by extension Gladiator) has a well established community of owners, suppliers, modifiers, and social media channel pundits. None of that is going away. And as Jeep makes minor moves to counter Bronco competitively, that community will be happier and more positive about Jeep. Ford will eat into that market share competitively sure, but it won't be a rout, there is a 75 year history.

I think the Bronco will eat about a quarter of the Wranglers market. It will be mostly four door, and mostly the Sahara crowd looked for "rugged with a better ride". From there Ford has to create their own market of enthusiasts, get the Jeep suppliers to make aftermarket parts for the Broncos too, the modifiers will then come along, and they really, really need to score a convert or two in the social media space (vbloggers who know what they are doing when they mod, and off road and can draw direct comparisons in extreme terrain - not Andy).

It would be interesting to do a poll on Bronco6G, how many intend to order a Bronco to replace a Wrangler or Gladiator? If 50% of the Bronco6Gers are Jeepers, then Jeep has something to worry about. If it's much lower, then no.
Well said.....competition is good. Jeep has a great brand. One of the top brands in the world. And it will get better with strong competition from Bronco.

I have a JL 2dr Rubicon. I really like it but I am switching to a 2dr Bronco to try something new, new styling, and a slightly bigger 2dr. I have had 6 Jeeps. TJ, JK, and JL. I have never had death wobble. I am not saying it is not an issue but it’s not like the highways are littered with Jeeps on the side of the road because of DW.

This forum is going to have lots of threads later this year about issues when the first Bronco’s get delivered. No manufacture is perfect, especially the first 1-2 years of launching a new vehicle. I hope ford does a much better job building the Bronco than they have done with the marketing rollout which has been a joke.

MJJ

Wildtrak
First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL Wrangler Rubicon, Jeep Wagoneer, Colorado ZR2
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Well said.....competition is good. Jeep has a great brand. One of the top brands in the world. And it will get better with strong competition from Bronco.

I have a JL 2dr Rubicon. I really like it but I am switching to a 2dr Bronco to try something new, new styling, and a slightly bigger 2dr. I have had 6 Jeeps. TJ, JK, and JL. I have never had death wobble. I am not saying it is not an issue but it’s not like the highways are littered with Jeeps on the side of the road because of DW.

This forum is going to have lots of threads later this year about issues when the first Bronco’s get delivered. No manufacture is perfect, especially the first 1-2 years of launching a new vehicle. I hope ford does a much better job building the Bronco than they have done with the marketing rollout which has been a joke.
People that are expecting Jeep just to roll over and die are sadly mistaken. Jeep will respond. Consumers will benefit from both brands competing. I have an 18 JL Rubicon which I really like. I feel the styling of the Bronco is a step up. I will keep my JL and add a Bronco. I am not a brand loyalist. I currently own two jeeps and a 2020 ZR-2. When I add a Bronco I will do a comparison review. I suspect they all have their pro’s and cons.

Pork-n-Bean

Badlands
First Name
Henry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Moon Vehicle
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Every time I see horses on a Jeep commercial the only thing I think of is a Bronco. I like Jeeps, I love the Bronco. The people that will benefit the most from this "Jeep & Bronco War" will be us, the consumer!!!

Khayze427

Badlands
First Name
Hayes
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep JKU
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Literally doesn’t matter if the price isn’t reasonable. If it’s a $10k option then ?‍♂

They should have done the 5.7 and had it be reasonably priced. The take rate would be insane.

Edit; just out of curiosity, checked the charger page. To move from a GT charger to a scat pack is $8500. And the main difference is the engine with some cosmetic stuff. I’d expect the Jeep to be similar.
I think AEV would add a V8 to the JK for around $30,000.

Sponsored

Nickp

Base
First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 WRANGLER THAT GEICO SPENT $14K FIXING
Your Bronco Model
Base
I think AEV would add a V8 to the JK for around $30,000.
Oh yeah, adding a V8 to a Jeep is cool and people have paid enormous sums to do it. I just think the demand is there for a V8 wrangler because the current engine options are a bit anemic. If Jeep had a turbo V6 or I6 like is rumored, they would sell a ton of them. There is a “Goldilocks” zone for off-road SUV’s like the Bronco/4Runner/Wrangler for power, and I’d say the 2.7 ecoboost just about nails it. The JL/4Runner/2.3 Bronco are completely adequate, but there definitely isn’t a huge surplus of power. But the 392 is a bit overboard IMO.

Steamroller72

Black Diamond
First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 RAM Sport Quad Cab
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Love Mopar... I have a Dart, sold a 5.7 RAM, and just recently sold my Challenger R/T.

That said, I have no desire for a 392, 0 to death wobble in seconds, Wrangler.

BroncBro

Wildtrak
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Tacoma 4x4
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

A tuned 5.0 will equal the output of the 6.4 with better fuel economy.

Ford would be stupid not to go with an optional V8.

A tuned 2.7 or a 3.5 could beat those numbers and get even better mpg.
There is just simply no need for the big heavy dinosaur V8s anymore except for the awesome exhaust sound.

Ford Bronco V8 HEMI 392 Jeep Wrangler production model announcement teaser. Will Ford answer with V8 Bronco? DB690544-F63D-4515-B292-60895DC285F5

Last edited:

DrewBronc21

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Subaru STi, 2018 Camry Hybrid
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
A tuned 2.7 or a 3.5 could beat those numbers and get even better mpg.........
Ford GT makes 647 HP from the 3.5 Ecoboost! Some variation should have gone in Bronco. Paired with a Manual transmission of course?

“The teardrop shape of the Ford GT is the result of extensive work in the wind tunnel. Its carbon-fiber body and its 647-horsepower 3.5L EcoBoost® V6 engine are the ultimate expressions of technological innovation.”

The Driving Viking

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Sasquatch 2022 Willys Xtreme Recon
Your Bronco Model
Base
People that are expecting Jeep just to roll over and die are sadly mistaken. Jeep will respond. Consumers will benefit from both brands competing. I have an 18 JL Rubicon which I really like. I feel the styling of the Bronco is a step up. I will keep my JL and add a Bronco. I am not a brand loyalist. I currently own two jeeps and a 2020 ZR-2. When I add a Bronco I will do a comparison review. I suspect they all have their pro’s and cons.
I don't expect them to just roll over and die. But the bottom line is Jeep is just too dam expensive for what you actually get.

It's pretty bad when my $38k Base +Sasquatch is better then a $50k Rubicon. For that reason a lot of people will be coming over to Ford.

Sponsored

TXJeepScientist

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
07 Toyota Avalon, 08 Honda Civic, 01 Nissan Pathfinder, 10 3T Saab, 94 Jeep Cherokee
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

Ford needs to get their shit together or start losing potential customers. After Ford's blunders on the WT and FE, I can see Ford's potential customers taking a serious look at Jeep.

I hope Ford has top people seriously looking at these posts.

JaxGtc

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1975 EB Sport; 2021 Outer Banks
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
What was all that debris, parts falling off?

Looks like something Gas Monkey Garage would have come up with. No thank you.

Monster1926

First Edition
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GMC Sierra 2500HD
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Well everyone will be bumped up a spot in line. I have a first edition reserved and I’ll be canceling it. When the bronco was released I was all in on the first edition that is until the navy pier interior was standard. They killed the exterior design and I wasn’t even upset about the powertrain offerings but they really really dropped the ball on the interior color choices. You can basically build an outerbanks into a first edition.

broncoj11

Badlands
First Name
Trunks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Nissan Frontier Pro 4X
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I doubt ford will.