Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
08 JKUR / x_x 00 TJ x_x
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

I have mixed thoughts on this one. You went for the Granger deal. You made a choice. Now you have to live with that. Ford can change any policy they want, they make the rules. Is it fair no, but its their choice. Best of luck.
I agree with you, but I also think Ford needs to find a way to fix this for the consumer. Something like offering to transfer all Granger orders outside of a 100 mile radius to local dealers with available allocation and setting the maximum price for those transfers to MSRP. If people choose the stay with the Granger deal at that point, then that is on them.
Sponsored

djbuff303

Wildtrak
First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 Bronco, '07 BMW 335i
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Here you go.

August 2020 FAQ screenshot:

1648573027425.png

October 2020 FAQ screenshot after big dealership pushback and when Ford started to slip in some such seemingly benign terms such as residency and when we all first learned about constraints but were still naĆÆve enough to believe that they wouldn't have a major impact on our builds and when Ford nonchalantly dropped the all reservations completed before stock production language. Oh the good ole days.

1648573078166.png
Exactly how I remember it.

markregel

Banned
Base
Banned
Banned
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Pont Vibe
Your Bronco Model
Base
After 2 1/2 months of multiple phone conversations with Ford trying to move our order from Granger to a local dealer, I was informed today that Ford will NOT ALLOW the order transfer. ALL order holders at Granger, Stephens, etc must wait MANY YEARS to get their Broncos.

We were told we could move our orders to dealers that have allocation, but @Ford Motor Company has decided to not allow this. Many people, besides myself, have endured hours of waiting on hold over and over again to resolve this issue. What a fooKing waste of time! Based upon Granger's order list, my wife may receive her Bronco in 2026-2027. Any guesses about the price guarantee 4-5 years from now?
All you have to do is walk into another dealership and place a NEW order. Ford allowed reservation transfers but never did allow order transfers, an order with another dealer is always a new order because orders are submitted and belong to the dealer. I was in the same situation as an October Granger reservation order holder. When I learned Granger had 1200+ orders and allocation for about 100 I jumped ship and placed a new order with another dealer. I'm now the owner of a new Bronco! I had to bite the bullet and go softie, but I got my Bronco and couldn't be happier. Basically you are complaining about not keeping your place in line, and that is correct you don't get to switch dealers and keep you place in line because each dealer has its own line. Even under the old formula Granger expected allocation for around 300 Broncos, which means most wouldn't be getting a Bronco for a very long time, do the math. Granger offered amazing deals to get a huge number of orders to increase their allocation. I believe Granger is an honest dealer, but they had to know most of their order holders would be waiting a very long time. There was always an allocation system, dealers know this even if it wasn't communicated to customers well enough. When I placed my October Special ($2000 below invoice) reservation I knew darn well it was probably too good to be true, and it was!

Monster1926

First Edition
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GMC Sierra 2500HD
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
The dealer council which is made up of reps from the larger dealers around the country cried to Ford specifically about Granger, Chapman, Stephens. Ford then changed to the allocation system. They pretty much stuck it in the under invoice dealers and the res holders who went with them.

Carolina Jim

Black Diamond
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco 2-door
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Ford doesn't communicate for shit. And when they do, they're about as believable as that guy over in Russia, Putin!

Sponsored

WyoBronc

Wildtrak
First Name
Kerry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger, 2021 Bronco BB, 2006 Saturn Vue
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Here you go.

August 2020 FAQ screenshot:

1648573027425.png

October 2020 FAQ screenshot after big dealership pushback and when Ford started to slip in some such seemingly benign terms such as residency and when we all first learned about constraints but were still naĆÆve enough to believe that they wouldn't have a major impact on our builds and when Ford nonchalantly dropped the all reservations completed before stock production language. Oh the good ole days.

1648573078166.png
Although, this isnā€™t the communication I was referencing (apparently Regional is a common word:). This was from the delayed ordering email Ford sent us on 15 December, 2020, before we were allowed to order in January of the following yearā€¦ā€¦ā€the number of Bronco vehicles your dealership will receiveā€ = allocation.
i also found a Ford Q&A from 2020 on BN that specifically says ā€œallocationā€ in the formula.
Not that any of that matters now.

Your reservation* timestamp, and not the date that you place your order with your dealer, will be used to determine when your Bronco gets produced. Other factors for final delivery timing include vehicle model and configuration selected, part constraints, and the number of Bronco vehicles your dealer will receive.

1970AMCAMX

Base
First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150, AMC AMX, DF Goblin
Your Bronco Model
Base
The dealer council which is made up of reps from the larger dealers around the country cried to Ford specifically about Granger, Chapman, Stephens. Ford then changed to the allocation system. They pretty much stuck it in the under invoice dealers and the res holders who went with them.
And it also stuck it to all the small dealers with limited allocations which in turn stuck it to the customers who ordered from them. My dealer was not "under invoice" and the reason I chose them was due to good past experience with them both for service and sales.

Meanwhile - to rub salt in the wound, a person I work with just showed up at work with a 2 door Badlands which he got lucky and walked into a dealership and bought for MSRP last weekend.

BlueBronco

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 F150 KR - '21 BL - 23' OBX
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Although, this isnā€™t the communication I was referencing (apparently Regional is a common word:). This was from the delayed ordering email Ford sent us on 15 December, 2020, before we were allowed to order in January of the following yearā€¦ā€¦ā€the number of Bronco vehicles your dealership will receiveā€ = allocation.
i also found a Ford Q&A from 2020 on BN that specifically says ā€œallocationā€ in the formula.
Not that any of that matters now.
Correct, and I remember that language being added to the FAQ's as well, unfortunately I did not screen shot it at the time so wasn't sure when Ford had officially let the allocation cat outta the bag.

Dads_bronze_bronco

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
08 JKUR / x_x 00 TJ x_x
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

Boy, where to start...
I guess line by line;

No, allocations did not exist for the Bronco during the initial reservation period.

Granger did not over sell.
I am sorry to tell you that allocations were already a thing when the order banks opened.

If you chose to order with a dealer with 100ā€™s of reservations in January of 2021ā€”who so obviously oversold by doubling down with the October deal to cover for their problemā€”to get $2000 off a $40000 vehicle, knowing Ford could impose any allocation formula they wished because they just had, then you took a risk.

That said, I think Ford should find a way to fix it for the consumer: allowing reorders at local dealers while keeping the timestamp or whatever.

Richtor

Badlands
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20 Tremor 7.3, 21 Badlands Sasquatch Stick(order)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
$100 bucks?
Times 150k. Thatā€™s $15 million. But the money goes to the dealer not Ford.

When did your wife reserve/order? Why did you not order at your Miami dealer? From my knowledge there are still 7/13-14 reservations not being built for the next year.

1. Never buy a Ford again.
2. Buy a JL until the Bronco comes in.
3. Order a 23 Bronco from a big dealer hopefully at msrp.
4. Give your Bronco to your wife and buy a TRX!

Sponsored

ArrickSports

Black Diamond
First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Chevy HHR
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

After 2 1/2 months of multiple phone conversations with Ford trying to move our order from Granger to a local dealer, I was informed today that Ford will NOT ALLOW the order transfer. ALL order holders at Granger, Stephens, etc must wait MANY YEARS to get their Broncos.

We were told we could move our orders to dealers that have allocation, but @Ford Motor Company has decided to not allow this. Many people, besides myself, have endured hours of waiting on hold over and over again to resolve this issue. What a fooKing waste of time! Based upon Granger's order list, my wife may receive her Bronco in 2026-2027. Any guesses about the price guarantee 4-5 years from now?
I wonder if this relates to the fact that orders are halted? Just noodling here but a new "order" might need to be generated for the new dealership (the system may not be able to handle a transfer). Just a thought.

jubangas

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fusion
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Do you also get mad when Target won't let you buy every single PS5 they have in stock?

HotdogThud

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
mk6 gti, '21 MoarDoor
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

As for the Granger reservation in question, that belongs to my wife. Yes, she too was allowed two reservations by Ford, but only chose to get one.

Whoa whoa whoa, wait a second.

You got one bronco, sold it, then got another. WHILE your wife was still waiting to get her first one?

Damn son, that's brave. šŸ˜‚

nwGTS

Badlands
First Name
Nate
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Porsche 911 GTS, BMW M3, VW Golf
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Yes, made a choice based on all published information from Ford itself. Initially Ford said all reservation holders would be built before dealer stock. The fact that Ford changed the rules of the game to specifically target traditionally low-volume dealers attracting Bronco reservation holders is inexcusable to me regardless of how many people are playing the 'I told you so' card now when the stated rules were completely different following the launch nearly two years ago.
There is no other position to take on this subject than this one right here. Any other interpretation is willful ignorance.