Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
71' u15, 66' u14, 66' u14
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Dozens of us here could have told you that back in October and November lol.
Sponsored

Seatmandan

Big Bend
First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 Bronco, '11 Ford Edge, '10 Ford Fusion Sport
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Ford asked people to place a deposit based on rules they put in place, then after they had peoples' money, they changed the rules............. That is Ford f*cking over costumers not the dealership.
Who's "they"? The dealership? Are you talking about the $100 reservation fee from July 13th, 2020?

$100.00 "reservation" fee = Ford Motor Company (no dealership identified in this process)

$XXXX.XX "DEPOSIT" fee = Dealership, varies across country.

Sounds like a dealership problem

dingle87

Black Diamond
First Name
Reese
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Explorer XLT
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

If I was every other dealer, I wouldn't want a Granger lowball transfer anyways. Why eat up my own allocation for someone who got a discount somewhere else, and now expects me to honor it. I would want to sell at full MSRP like virtually every other dealer in the country right now.

I dont sympathize with the outrageous ADM we see and hear about but if you try to game the system, you'll eventually get yourself stuck
The buyers I've seen that either wanted to transfer/have transferred didn't expect to get the Granger deal at the dealership they transferred to, but they were wanting to know what price they'd be charged. Just like everyone else, they were wanting the terms of the deal in writing like every buyer should get from the seller. Most I saw or interacted with, wanted to find a "local" dealer committing to MSRP.

RedHotFuzz

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Black Diamond 4D
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Nope. OP sold the first, and is driving his second Bronco, and is waiting for the third to be built.
Drove the first 4k miles then flipped it for a $20k (!!!) profit, got a second, now complaining he won't get his third anytime soon. In the meantime, I'm still waiting for my first (early day 2 reservation).

What a victim-to-villain storyline. ;)

Sponsored

vrtical

Raptor
First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fords
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

And it doesn't have anything to do with interstate commerce. We had the option of moving our reservation from one dealership to another. And no we can't just place a new order...that option has been removed as well.
To clarify what I said, reservations were always transferable, I did it. Once its an actual converted order, no dice, that is the issue with interstate commerce, there are ways to get dealerships to drop ship to a different dealer, but thats just as bad . Also the MY23 order banks will open and you can just order another. its simple.

604Bronco

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.bronco6g.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Drove the first 4k miles then flipped it for a $20k (!!!) profit, got a second, now complaining he won't get his third anytime soon. In the meantime, I'm still waiting for my first (early day 2 reservation).

Ford Bronco Ford says it will NOT ALLOW order transfers anymore 1648569729569

Drex

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'13 SLK55 AMG, '15 Indian Chief, '15 WRX
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
yeah it sucks. would also add everyone knew about how dealer allocations work.

also that ford was making changes including stopping new orders, etc. it could have been communicated better but it was obvious what was happening. ford can't meet demands and some dealers were way overprovisioned.

granger is great. they also oversold by a wide margin what could be produced and they had allocated. they have been open and transparent about it. i think they even published a list.
Boy, where to start...
I guess line by line;

No, allocations did not exist for the Bronco during the initial reservation period. Ford hyped it as a new way to sell cars. You picked any dealer you preferred and you would get built before dealer stock and in order (roughly). That was it. The entire basis for any reservation system. You reserve or you wait until all other reservations are filled before being able to get one. That takes care of your first point about everybody knowing about how allocations work. There simply weren't any, they were implicitly included with each reservation in priority order of timestamp. There is no wiggle room or discussion on that point. Ford suckered in a lot of people before pulling the bait and switch on it.

Ford stopping new orders, this was about the only thing Ford communicated to the reservation holders via email, the rest of it has never been communicated to us (you know things from the forum and internet, but you go back to your emails and see exactly what Ford did to keep you informed. It was not much. They did not point out that they were stopping the all reservations before dealer stock, they did not point out that allocations no longer went with the reservation (which was implicit in the original terms), Ford simply and sneakily updated the terms and condition without notification of same and pretended it was always that way. As far as dealers being over-provisioned, No, not in the slightest, I am unaware of any dealer having more resources then the peak demand they have at the dealership. I suspect you do not understand the term 'over-provisioned' and have used it incorrectly as it does not fit in with your argument. If you actually meant under-provisioned, then yes, all dealers are under-provisioned.

Granger did not over sell. That is the point that the apologists and Ford proper keeps glossing over; Granger did not order a bajillion Broncos for stock to sell, each and every single order was from people who got a reservation under terms which Ford set up and which Ford gave a written promise that they would be built before dealer stock, putting a maximum theoretical wait time of about a year if there were no commodity restraints. It did not matter what dealer you picked. That was directly from Ford. Even after the first sneaky allocation formula was uncovered, it still contained a portion related to the number of reservations (Ford no longer considers reservations in the allocation formula at all, says all you need to know about how much Ford respects the reservationists) and Granger tried to use even deeper discounts to help the early reservations they had that were going to be screwed by the bait and switch Ford did with the reservation system. Nobody but Ford knew they would again ream the reservation holders by getting rid of the 'all reservations before stock' term after they were all locked into dealers for 2022MY.

Now there are rumblings about Ford officially not allowing people to move orders, something that everyone already knew, but Ford refused to tell us that the process they set up was bullshit all along. Just stringing people along.

If this latest news is correct, and it would fit in with the history of this launch, Ford is making a huge move to get rid of the remaining reservations. Price protections expire at the end of 2023. That is documented by Ford. There will be thousands of people who made a reservation and ordered in good faith that will lose that protection at smaller dealers across the country. If they are locked into their current dealer, it makes sure Ford can use allocations to cut out as many people as they want from those price protections. It also means that dealers know they can automatically jack up ADM to match the new pricing because people cannot switch and keep the old pricing. There is no advantage to putting in a new order over paying the equivalent ADM (not even considering the wait time). This will lead to even more ADM and more people getting locked out of price protections.

Ford continues to find new ways to drive (pun intended) their reputation to levels below used car dealers and chicken thieves.

dingle87

Black Diamond
First Name
Reese
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Explorer XLT
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Also the MY23 order banks will open and you can just order another. its simple.
Ordering from a local dealer, when MY23 opens, will be the route I take. I need to start developing a relationship with a local dealer to figure out where I can do this for invoice-MSRP pricing. I won't pay ADM, so those dealers are out and I'll need to look around at Facebook to find a quality local dealer in the Chicago suburbs.

MNBigfoot

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
Base
Who's "they"? The dealership? Are you talking about the $100 reservation fee from July 13th, 2020?

$100.00 "reservation" fee = Ford Motor Company (no dealership identified in this process)

$XXXX.XX "DEPOSIT" fee = Dealership, varies across country.

Sounds like a dealership problem
So the dealerships changed the terms of the reservation system? :unsure:
If you believe that, I got a bridge to sell you.

Sponsored

BlueBronco

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 F150 KR - '21 BL - 23' OBX
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
If I was every other dealer, I wouldn't want a Granger lowball transfer anyways. Why eat up my own allocation for someone who got a discount somewhere else, and now expects me to honor it. I would want to sell at full MSRP like virtually every other dealer in the country right now.
That's not how it worked. You transfer the reservation only. There wasn't any obligation or expectation for the new dealership to honor whatever deal was negotiated with the original dealership.

GreenMtnBronco

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 BadSquatch; 13 Wrangler JK; 04 Lifted Mini
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I have mixed thoughts on this one. You went for the Granger deal. You made a choice. Now you have to live with that. Ford can change any policy they want, they make the rules. Is it fair no, but its their choice. Best of luck.
funny, as a dealer local to me had a deal for B6G members for $1k under sticker. My dealer, who I had no prior affiliation with aside from living 3 miles away, said "those are all internet scams," I scoffed, but couldn't get Ford to change my order so stuck with the unknown dealer. FINALLY karma worked for me in a positive way, best car buying experience I ever had. No gouging, no ADM, no BS add ons, good honest deal and i paid what they said to me in that email about internet scams - "you will pay MSRP"
I feel bad for these people, but the dealership model may be broken, but it won't get fixed any time soon

Compta38

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Fusion
Your Bronco Model
Badlands

yeah, I got nothing positive to add with this guys particular situation.