First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco ManSquatch, 2023 Chevy Silverado
Your Bronco Model
Base
Call me crazy but I fell like we should be able to set the tops on the floor and not worry about this. Dumb video in the manual says place it on a "soft surface". Not sure that would do much.
When I took my top off I laid down a moving blanket on the ground and set the top down on its forward leading edges rather than on the guide pins. I felt it would give more support to the structure rather than concentrate the force on the pins. Plus it took up less space.

AMTRV

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Oliver
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Badlands 4dr, 22 6.7L Tremor, 1940 Ford Cpe
Your Bronco Model
Badlands

Sponsored

thatspecialbeat

Black Diamond
First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subies
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

When I took my top off I laid down a moving blanket on the ground and set the top down on its forward leading edges rather than on the guide pins. I felt it would give more support to the structure rather than concentrate the force on the pins. Plus it took up less space.
Not a bad idea. Any worry about the weight being on the rubber seal?

OP
OP
mpeugeot

mpeugeot

Outer Banks
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
97 Ferrari F355, 11 Ford F-150, 21 OBX 2D
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Sounds like your weather stripping changed the angle of the top.
LMFAO... once again, please show me how that happened BEFORE I installed additional weather stripping on the side of the B pillar.

Ford Bronco Warning: Extended Warranty didn't cover MIC Top crack damage IMG_20221019_152453

Where exactly is this angle change?

Ford Bronco Warning: Extended Warranty didn't cover MIC Top crack damage IMG_20220910_180947

I'll wait for your analysis

Ford Bronco Warning: Extended Warranty didn't cover MIC Top crack damage IMG_20220910_181155

OP
OP
mpeugeot

mpeugeot

Outer Banks
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Man what a shitshow. Don't feel bad, my mic 2.0 rear shell is literally falling apart and it has never been off.
Man, that sucks, get after them before 36k, because it is covered by the bumper to bumper warranty before 36k. Not that they will fix it, but at least you have a chance before 36k.

Raptor.Tremor.Bronco

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Wildtrak, 2014 Raptor, 2020 Tremor
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Man, that sucks, get after them before 36k, because it is covered by the bumper to bumper warranty before 36k. Not that they will fix it, but at least you have a chance before 36k.
Luckily it doesn't get a lot of miles. It's been at the dealer for well over a month now, fuel pump died at 6100 miles. Just waiting on the new shell

HeHateMe

Outer Banks
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Hyundai Palisade
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I'd just like to say...

i-see-no-problem-here-no-problem.gif

Sponsored

TheDoctor

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Explorer ST, Pontiac G8 GT
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
LMFAO... once again, please show me how that happened BEFORE I installed additional weather stripping on the side of the B pillar.

Ford Bronco Warning: Extended Warranty didn't cover MIC Top crack damage i-see-no-problem-here-no-problem

Where exactly is this angle change?

Ford Bronco Warning: Extended Warranty didn't cover MIC Top crack damage i-see-no-problem-here-no-problem

I'll wait for your analysis

You said you pushed up the top to put in weatherstripping, and then your top cracked...

OP
OP
mpeugeot

mpeugeot

Outer Banks
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
You said you pushed up the top to put in weatherstripping, and then your top cracked...
I lifted it up to move it rearward, and I then set it down on the Bronco, when the one guide pin failed to support the weight of the top and caused the crack as the pin caused what was possibly an existing stress fracture or other material defect to create the visible crack.

Now, it's possible that the factory over torqued the bolts, either during initial assembly or during the dirt mountain days. I was not there, so I can't say. I can say that this was the first time I had removed the bolts and lifted the top off the Bronco.

I didn't drop it, I didn't over torque anything, and lifted only an inch or so above the height needed to clear the locating pins and moved the top rearward to expose the B pillar (where I was going to add weather stripping). This should have never failed under these circumstances. It wasn't until after the failure that I added weather stripping to the B pillar (not the top).

But let me know when you have those calculations done.

OP
OP
mpeugeot

mpeugeot

Outer Banks
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Maybe this will help.

Ford Bronco Warning: Extended Warranty didn't cover MIC Top crack damage IMG_20221020_220440

The distance between the two red lines is the distance I moved the top rearward to expose the B pillar (indicated by the yellow arrow). The B pillar is located directly under the top and is where the weather stripping was eventually applied AFTER THE TOP ALREADY CRACKED.

M Redwood

Big Bend
First Name
M
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 BB,BASE
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
A few big ass washers and bammm... back in business prob better than before damage...sorry it happened dude ive had a few 100 mile past warranty repairs that chapped my ass as well.

Area51BS

Badlands
First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Badlands non SAS 4dr 2.3
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
So if I can ever order a Bronco. I should be happy with a soft top and hope for a good and reasonably priced aftermarket hard top
Sponsored