Reaction score
Website
www.TD-Distributing.com
Vehicle(s)
21 Bronco, 88 Bronco II, 03 Ford F250
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Forgive me if this has already been asked in these 78 pages, those of us in waiting need an advice statement. Knowing what you know now about issues with this MT and from your personal experiences:

If you were ordering today or still waiting on an unscheduled order, would you order the Manual or opt for the Auto???

If your Manual order was built and enroute to the dealer, would you take delivery???
I absolutely have no regrets and wouldn't change a thing. The auto will be worse off in the long run.
Sponsored

huey

Badlands
First Name
kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
VW GTI VW EOS GMC Envoy Badlands Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Same here. I understand there is likely some frustration coming up dealing with ford/dealer but I am confident it will get resolved. Only way I change to an auto is if ford offered a coyote v8
Even then I would hope they put a manual behind it

CarlSpackler

Badlands
First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GTI
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Forgive me if this has already been asked in these 78 pages, those of us in waiting need an advice statement. Knowing what you know now about issues with this MT and from your personal experiences:

If you were ordering today or still waiting on an unscheduled order, would you order the Manual or opt for the Auto???

If your Manual order was built and enroute to the dealer, would you take delivery???
Only reason I bought this thing was the manual, so wouldn't change anything. I'm also in a 2023 that doesn't have the noise at idle, but does, mildly, when creeping along in first gear. Might not be the same noise. Also just under 800 miles on it and not planning on getting the TSB unless I absolutely have too, I have a feeling that TSB will be updated at some point.

Ford can't just ignore this, well they can, but that would be shooting themselves in the foot. This is their highest visibility vehicle when it comes to the world watching and another "Ford Transmission iusse" probably isn't going to just slip through the cracks.

Mortonm

Black Diamond
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco Black Diamond
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Only reason I bought this thing was the manual, so wouldn't change anything. I'm also in a 2023 that doesn't have the noise at idle, but does, mildly, when creeping along in first gear. Might not be the same noise. Also just under 800 miles on it and not planning on getting the TSB unless I absolutely have too, I have a feeling that TSB will be updated at some point.

Ford can't just ignore this, well they can, but that would be shooting themselves in the foot. This is their highest visibility vehicle when it comes to the world watching and another "Ford Transmission iusse" probably isn't going to just slip through the cracks.
Not trying to rain on your parade but if you can hear it, it will get worse over time.

CarlSpackler

Badlands
First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GTI
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Not trying to rain on your parade but if you can hear it, it will get worse over time.
I’m guessing as much, but we’ll see. This thing sounds like an angry tractor on cold start anyway. If it gets annoying then I’ll worry.

Sponsored

Mortonm

Black Diamond
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco Black Diamond
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I’m guessing as much, but we’ll see. This thing sounds like an angry tractor on cold start anyway. If it gets annoying then I’ll worry.
At this point it doesn't seem worth being proactive about it. I'm about to be on my third transmission meanwhile the dealer will have had it half the time I've owned it

I3lackRose

Banned
Big Bend
Banned
Banned
First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

indio22

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'72 Rover, '85 CJ7, '98 TJ, '14 BRZ, '23 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
I absolutely have no regrets and wouldn't change a thing. The auto will be worse off in the long run.
I went manual trans because myself (and my family members) all enjoy driving manual. And because I tend to hang onto vehicles a long time like grim death, and have had rotten luck over time with auto transmissions, and exceptionally good luck with all our manuals. And because I test drove a Bronco manual on and off road, and liked it.

But I've got to admit, I have some concern over this Bronco manual trans situation. My policy is to not buy aggravation. So when (if) my Bronco shows up this summer, I better not be buying a new Bronco, only to end up with aggravation over this transmission. :(

I3lackRose

Banned
Big Bend
Banned
Banned
First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

I went manual trans because myself (and my family members) all enjoy driving manual. And because I tend to hang onto vehicles a long time like grim death, and have had rotten luck over time with auto transmissions, and exceptionally good luck with all our manuals. And because I test drove a Bronco manual on and off road, and liked it.

But I've got to admit, I have some concern over this Bronco manual trans situation. My policy is to not buy aggravation. So when (if) my Bronco shows up this summer, I better not be buying a new Bronco, only to end up with aggravation over this transmission. :(
Which sucks because it's been a fun ride thus far. The noise is more aggravating then problematic but it's definitely not something I expected to have to deal with on a brand new vehicle.

long_road

Big Bend
First Name
TR
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
202? 4dr CG Big Bend 2.3 7MT (Ordered)
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Hmmm. This situation kinda sucks. The manual trans is the main reason I became interested in the Bronco to begin with. Now that I'm finally scheduled, seeing that Ford seemingly has no fix for this issue is making me really undecided about moving forward.

A little noise now may not be a big deal, but what are these transmissions going to be like 60-70k miles from now when they're out of warranty?

Granted, my 6sp JKU grinds like a beast half the time I try to put it into reverse... so it's not like I'm not used to a little noise/vibration. lol.

Sponsored

thesocalexplorer

Big Bend
First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Which sucks because it's been a fun ride thus far. The noise is more aggravating then problematic but it's definitely not something I expected to have to deal with on a brand new vehicle.
Appreciate you documenting all of the outcomes & this situation in general. Definitely aggravating. Heard mine make the noise for the first time in a while after getting a nice cold soak while parking outside this weekend. The transmission operates flawlessly otherwise.

huey

Badlands
First Name
kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
VW GTI VW EOS GMC Envoy Badlands Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Hmmm. This situation kinda sucks. The manual trans is the main reason I became interested in the Bronco to begin with. Now that I'm finally scheduled, seeing that Ford seemingly has no fix for this issue is making me really undecided about moving forward.

A little noise now may not be a big deal, but what are these transmissions going to be like 60-70k miles from now when they're out of warranty?

Granted, my 6sp JKU grinds like a beast half the time I try to put it into reverse... so it's not like I'm not used to a little noise/vibration. lol.
the bigger this gets the more pressure on Ford to get this fixed. I have no doubt that Ford/getrag will get to the root cause, but it will likely take longer than we should have to wait.

I3lackRose

Banned
Big Bend
Banned
Banned
First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Appreciate you documenting all of the outcomes & this situation in general. Definitely aggravating. Heard mine make the noise for the first time in a while after getting a nice cold soak while parking outside this weekend. The transmission operates flawlessly otherwise.
Glad to contribute. I'm hoping to have mine for the long hall so anyway to get some pressure back in FORD . Even bought the extend warranty plan 8yr/100k. Picked it up for only $1650 so I plan to utilize the hell out of it.

Last edited:

Tricky Dick

Badlands
First Name
Dick
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.TD-Distributing.com
Vehicle(s)
21 Bronco, 88 Bronco II, 03 Ford F250
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

May I refer you to your sig line? It's worth the risk IMO.

My aggravation level is miniscule so far, it's not impacting driving and is the quietest little burble that I need the HVAC and radio off to even hear. Maybe that level increases once it goes in for service, but I feel good about delaying service for a while.

TNBronc4344

Badlands
First Name
JT
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Forgive if this has already been answered but is this happening to most or all of the MT or if not does anyone know the percentages? Mine is scheduled for next month so I’m praying hard not to be dealing with this. Saying that i feel for those of you who are. Sucks.
Sponsored