First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Santa Fe, Tucson, Z4, T/A
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Thanks, I see it now. The parts catalog apparently hasn’t been updated yet. I had to look elsewhere.

Good to know they finally updated the part.
Let’s hope it fixes these concerns!

723004A6-3C0D-445F-A56F-E4892C5742D9.jpeg
Thank you for this info! I'll confirm that the parts they received has the 'D' before they start working on it next week.
Sponsored

Mortonm

Black Diamond
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco Black Diamond
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I am also curious what parts I am getting, my parts showed up in the last day or so.

UTultimate

Badlands
First Name
UltimateBronco
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Volvo
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Maybe re-read the post. Never said there wasn’t a noise problem with the transmissions.
All I stated was there is also a problem with the over speculation about this noise causing other issues with no actual proof in what looks to be an attempt to scare people into going to get their vehicle fixed or keep this thread on the front page. Just unnecessary.
He’s right though, the more people that take them in, the quicker Ford will hopefully get to the bottom of this. All I'm saying is that not everyone interprets this thread the same, I get that it's a car forum, that's how these places are. It's a place you can vent and throw stuff at the wall with other people that actually know what you're talking about vs the non bronco people in your life. Speculating that damage is occurring is not over speculation in MY opinion, whenever you have metal grinding on metal making a noise, wear is happening and perhaps/likely damage.

Ducati1098

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Wildtrak, 2012 Ford Fusion
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

He’s right though, the more people that take them in, the quicker Ford will hopefully get to the bottom of this. All I'm saying is that not everyone interprets this thread the same, I get that it's a car forum, that's how these places are. It's a place you can vent and throw stuff at the wall with other people that actually know what you're talking about vs the non bronco people in your life. Speculating that damage is occurring is not over speculation in MY opinion, whenever you have metal grinding on metal making a noise, wear is happening and perhaps/likely damage.
He’s not right at all. Ford already knew there was still an issue far before anyone on here even realized it. They see far more data and results from repairs than anything listed on this thread.
If you believe spamming threads just to get the post count up and make sure it’s always on the front page is going to accelerate any repair they come out with, you’re just wrong. It’s just annoying and unhelpful.

I’m not sure how speculation with no evidence that it has anything to do with the original TSB noise is helpful at all, unless you like being intentionally misdirected.

A noisy manual transmission synchronizer isn’t going to create a lack of power or intermittent engine reving like he is claiming.

You know what will though?
A failed camshaft synchronizer 🤔
It’s almost like someone googled synchronizer symptoms, and didn’t realize the difference.
See how speculation is unhelpful to this thread though?

Haelous

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT, 2023 Bronco Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I looked it up in HVBOM, which is just something dealerships have access to for parts information.

Which part you get may depend on when they ordered the part. Any recent orders since the part supersession should automatically be updated to the current -D part I believe.

I ordered a set today for a Bronco not knowing about the update (because the TSB still has the old number currently) So I’ll ask my parts department in the morning if it automatically changed to -D or not. I would assume it will.
Does this mean you're going to be opening up one of these soon? Going to post pics when you do?

Sponsored

Ducati1098

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Are you seeing a new part number for the entire transmission? Should be able to check the tag to see if it has the updated parts. Might be too new of an update though.

I see that the price has dropped if someone wanted to play around with one. Was about $4,000, now showing just shy of $1,800.
Wow, retail price did take a large nose dive. I’m curious if that has anything to do with it being updated soon

From everything I can see, there is no update in part number, yet, for an assembly.

Does this mean you're going to be opening up one of these soon? Going to post pics when you do?
Yes and yes. However, I’m not sure how soon it will actually be. Since the updated part is still so new, I don’t have an idea of how long all the parts will take to gather.

Ducati1098

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Thanks, again, Ducati1098 and SVT Lightning.

This is great information to have.

My dealer ordered the parts just yesterday (March 8), so I’m hoping it’s the “D.” But now I know to double-check.
If they ordered the parts yesterday, it should automatically supersede to the -D
But I certainly wouldn’t expect those parts anytime soon.

djp

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
djp
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Badlands 4dr || '21 Bronco Sport BigBend
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

This thread stresses me out so much... I'm about a month away from my theoretical build date. If Ford is still manufacturing new manual trans Broncos with this known issue... I think at this point I might just choose not to purchase the vehicle. That would be an absolute disappointment after waiting nearly 3 years to finally get my Bronco! Ugh. What the hell, Ford... why must you do us like this?!
I was told the reason I have been without my Bronco for 68 days now is because Ford is taking all the TSB parts and fixing the manual transmissions before they go to the assembly line. So with my tranny in pieces, I'm playing second fiddle on a backordered single part (plastic spacer ring).... Note, we've been waiting for this spacer ring since Jan 9! My TSB was performed starting Jan 4. Very very frustrated as Im paying my car payments and insurance on a Badlands/High... yet driving an Escape rental

djp

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
djp
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Just got a call that the parts are in for the TSB. They ordered them Jan 17th. Dropping it off Monday and he said they will need 2-3 days. They are providing a loaner vehicle.

Any questions/requests/comments that I should make when I drop it off?

Also, I got a survey from Ford about my Bronco purchase/experience. I mentioned this issue a number of times. About a week later, I received an email from a "Ford Employee Friends & Family Support Manager". After a few back and forth emails, she sent this yesterday:

"I will contact Shults Ford in Wexford to attempt to accelerate the repairs/resolution, and will follow up with you not later than March 16th, as planned. Please know that we appreciate your choosing Ford, and I am looking forward to assisting you with your Bronco concerns."

Obviously coincidental that the parts arrived today, but at least there's someone at Ford that I can talk/email with. Whether she can escalate the issue or not is another story.

Cross your fingers. Hopefully you dont need a roller bearing or spacer ring.... if you do need a nee spacer ring (if its cracked) it will be months before you get your bronco.

Update this week from FMC is "we have 11 in transit from the mfgr"... however they were unable to say if one is for me. That detail came from my dealer.... at day 68 w/o my bronco

Mortonm

Black Diamond
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I was told the reason I have been without my Bronco for 68 days now is because Ford is taking all the TSB parts and fixing the manual transmissions before they go to the assembly line. So with my tranny in pieces, I'm playing second fiddle on a backordered single part (plastic spacer ring).... Note, we've been waiting for this spacer ring since Jan 9! My TSB was performed starting Jan 4. Very very frustrated as Im paying my car payments and insurance on a Badlands/High... yet driving an Escape rental
I wish you luck I've also been without mine since Jan 9th.

My dealer said that they got the parts on Wednesday afternoon or yesterday morning to finish up. Hoping I get it back today maybe depending when they started on it yesterday.

Sponsored

djp

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
djp
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I wish you luck I've also been without mine since Jan 9th.

My dealer said that they got the parts on Wednesday afternoon or yesterday morning to finish up. Hoping I get it back today maybe depending when they started on it yesterday.
Which additional parts did yours need?

Mine has been sitting outside this whole time (60 - some days). I finally went to get something out of it and saw this :( (as they have my battery disconnected)

it has snowed about 8 times in last two months too....grrr. I had them remedy it tho

F6A41F4A-CF38-468D-B2DF-645B036E6003.jpeg
15493B9C-EA4F-4D42-ACDC-047F1F1E7FD4.jpeg

Mortonm

Black Diamond
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Which additional parts did yours need?

Mine has been sitting outside this whole time (60 - some days). I finally went to get something out of it and saw this :( (as they have my battery disconnected)

it has snowed about 8 times in last two months too....grrr. I had them remedy it tho

F6A41F4A-CF38-468D-B2DF-645B036E6003.jpeg
15493B9C-EA4F-4D42-ACDC-047F1F1E7FD4.jpeg
Ugh brutal! They are doing a new transmission and TSB at the same time. I was waiting foe the same parts as you the past 4 or 5 weeks. It's quite possible I won't have this new update syncro but I'll deal with that brudve when I get there.

That's terrible about rhe window. I'm in Cananda so it's been snowing the entire time. My dealer has a covered parking area so it's not been inside bur it's been covered on top at least. I haven't seen it though.

huey

Badlands
First Name
kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
VW GTI VW EOS GMC Envoy Badlands Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

You're probably right but not my problem people can't handle being told these are POSs and extremely disappointing vehicles.
I love the bronco and it is very far away from a disappointing vehicle. The trans is a shitty issue, but does not make the vehicle as a whole shitty.

AS others have said maybe it is time you sell or have the dealer buy back your truck, your bronco seems to cause you an extreme amount of stress. I used to watch this thread daily, but now I just check in once in a while.

I did take my truck in and the dealer did not hear the noise, but they kept it inside overnight so there was no cold soak. I had a second appointment but that day was too warm and the noise was not there. Will update here when the dealer acknowledges they hear the noise

huey

Badlands
First Name
kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I looked it up in HVBOM, which is just something dealerships have access to for parts information.

Which part you get may depend on when they ordered the part. Any recent orders since the part supersession should automatically be updated to the current -D part I believe.

I ordered a set today for a Bronco not knowing about the update (because the TSB still has the old number currently) So I’ll ask my parts department in the morning if it automatically changed to -D or not. I would assume it will.
Finally - some relevant factual info on this topic that has a possibility to resolving the issue! I will be checking this thread to see if anyone has been able to determine what the difference is with the updated part

huey

Badlands
First Name
kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Update on mine. Took it to the dealership a month or so ago because my replacement transmission from this fall began making the noise again after a few hundred miles. Dealer and I decided on another new transmission due to TSB parts being on back order and the TSB was not a proven fix (neither is the replacement trans, so take that how you will). New transmission came in and I dropped the bronco off today for replacement. This will be my second replacement- third transmission total including original transmission. I’m not super hopeful that it will fix the noise, but we’ll see. I’ll update everyone when I get it back and drive it a few hundred miles. One can always hope right?
@joshgangluff - when you get your newest of the transmissions installed can you check for the build date sticker on the bottom? I am hoping Ford is starting to use a new trans with the TSB and and or updated parts in it
cheers
Sponsored