First Name
Brent
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 F150 Sport, 2021 Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
He left out the biggest gimmicky thing, autopilot or maybe he likes to inflate it so it didn't make the list ;)
1617229082849.png
His name was Otto Pilot and he was a hell of an inflatable man!
Sponsored

MadMan4BamaNATL

Badlands
First Name
Ray
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco 2DR Badlands Sasquatch, 2021 RR Sport
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Bronco hating is about to accelerate like throwing gas in the woods in the middle of a forest fire; buckle up and get ready.

For the most part, my reaction is; whatever!

Edmunds, Top Gear, Motor Trendy, who cares. They want to bring Bronco down a notch and I'm sure some of this "journalism" is funded by Jeep. (Conspiracy!) Ohh the scandal.

There's a lot of money about to be raked in by Ford and everyone is upset because they've allowed stupid execs to shit can all their good off road ideas (Nissan's new Pathfinder: Ha ha! 😆)

Toyota killing the Land Cruiser at the absolute worst possible time; idiots. So now the Grand Waggoner will fill this whole even though it won't be near as capable.

GM and that horrible Blazer; should fire the entire lot of them.

Anyway, the haters list will grow long, far, and wide. None of this will affect the rabid amongst us, but we will have to tolerate smack talk, but Seems the Bronco6G crew is up for any of that.

PecOBX

Big Bend
First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1985 Jeep CJ7
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

A bit surprising for Edmunds but their points are ridiculous. So do they pan decades of Jeep having removable doors?
As many have said already - they don’t get it.

Bronco4

First Edition
First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 F350 CCLB
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

My Granddaughter wants me to take her to school with the doors off and no top when I get my new Bronco. I guess in his mind (writer) I could use a Golf cart. Wait a minute, it doesn't have doors either. Oh well I can always use my Harley Road King, no doors either.

BroncoBuckaroo

Badlands
First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017GT350-SOLD, 2013 Ford Edge, 1969 Torino Cobra
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Gimmick #1: Drain Holes in the Floor
The idea of putting drain plugs in the interior to facilitate easy cleanup isn't a new one. But in this day and age, when about 80% (or more) of a vehicle's interior controls are electrical in nature, it's probably not the best idea to turn a hose on inside your Bronco — even if you do point it at the floor. Ford touts this feature as something that makes it "simple, fast and painless" to clean up after an adventure, but we think everyone's better off with some decent all-weather floor mats (which you can take out and hose off in your driveway), a damp sponge and a towel to dry everything off. We've been in some pretty muddy and sloppy conditions over the years, but never once have we needed to douse our interior with water to the point where drain holes would actually help.

Gimmick #2: Removable Doors, You Rebel
We get it, kinda. Taking your doors off feels a bit rebellious and makes for an invigorating driving experience. But unless you're doing some serious low-speed rock crawling where you'd actually benefit from the added visibility, taking the doors off of your car "᠎'cause it's cool" is dumb.

Gimmick #3: GoPro Mounts
Making your friends watch your unedited 2.5-hour trail adventure is the new '70s-era slideshow-at-a-house-party nightmare. Of course, Ford isn't the first manufacturer to offer a special GoPro (or other equally high-quality video capture system) mount in a vehicle — Toyota's Tacoma immediately springs to mind. The Bronco uses a dash-mounted rail that allows for easy camera (as well as phone-mount) positioning, but if you're going to mount a GoPro to capture your rugged radness, you're better off mounting it on the outside. That means you'll get a better field of vision and also ensures that your camera can focus on the environment instead of a dirty windshield. A dedicated camera mount is really an answer to a question no one's asked.

Thanks to all who chimed in about this clickbait article - link is below but the essence of the article is now pasted above
https://www.edmunds.com/car-news/th...nco-features-are-pointless-and-heres-why.html

I think these guys are missing the point of this vehicle...
but it’s not a gimmick to wait 45 minutes to charge your Tesla’s on a super charger or go through a creek in an all electric Tesla truck...as if Edmunds really understands?

by the way, lots Of the Bronco dash components are sealed to create some water proofing

as for the Dash mounts..it’s great for a YouTube for driver talking their way through a trail Etc, doesnt have to be front facing

no doors..next he will say convertibles are dumb too

Sponsored

Coldsmoke

Badlands
First Name
Knuckles
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford F150 Lariat
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

The idea of putting drain plugs in the interior to facilitate easy cleanup isn't a new one. But in this day and age, when about 80% (or more) of a vehicle's interior controls are electrical in nature, it's probably not the best idea to turn a hose on inside your Bronco — even if you do point it at the floor. Ford touts this feature as something that makes it "simple, fast and painless" to clean up after an adventure, but we think everyone's better off with some decent all-weather floor mats (which you can take out and hose off in your driveway), a damp sponge and a towel to dry everything off. We've been in some pretty muddy and sloppy conditions over the years, but never once have we needed to douse our interior with water to the point where drain holes would actually help.

We get it, kinda. Taking your doors off feels a bit rebellious and makes for an invigorating driving experience. But unless you're doing some serious low-speed rock crawling where you'd actually benefit from the added visibility, taking the doors off of your car "᠎'cause it's cool" is dumb.

Making your friends watch your unedited 2.5-hour trail adventure is the new '70s-era slideshow-at-a-house-party nightmare. Of course, Ford isn't the first manufacturer to offer a special GoPro (or other equally high-quality video capture system) mount in a vehicle — Toyota's Tacoma immediately springs to mind. The Bronco uses a dash-mounted rail that allows for easy camera (as well as phone-mount) positioning, but if you're going to mount a GoPro to capture your rugged radness, you're better off mounting it on the outside. That means you'll get a better field of vision and also ensures that your camera can focus on the environment instead of a dirty windshield. A dedicated camera mount is really an answer to a question no one's asked.

Thanks to all who chimed in about this clickbait article - link is below but the essence of the article is now pasted above
https://www.edmunds.com/car-news/th...nco-features-are-pointless-and-heres-why.html

Of all the features, capabilities, technology, and aspects of the Bronco, and that's their list.
OK.
Well they're ugly. So there. :sneaky:

ohvrider

Badlands
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford F-150 Raptor
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Statements like this is why I don't trust any of these car review opinion sites. They view everything through the same pin hole, instead of looking at the purpose and telling you how it hit or miss for it's purpose.

grayshadow

Black Diamond
First Name
Charles
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

It’s Edmunds what do you expect?
1. I may not take a hose to my Black Diamond but, I if I go threw a river bed and get several inches of water inside its nice knowing it will drain while I keep adventuring.
2. Guess they never toured the Grand Canyon or driven Moab on a nice day.
3. Good advice on where to mount a camera but some may want to just mount it to catch a pic of everyone giving the Bronco a thumbs up.

OP
OP
BrentC

BrentC

Badlands
First Name
Brent
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 F150 Sport, 2021 Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I think I’ll use my array of Ram attachments and rig up a Dr. Seuss-like multi-segment arm to put a half-gallon insulated Slurpee mug right where I can sip on the straw without moving my head off the rest. I’ll send him a photo so he can see how useful that mount really is! 😀

Daktari

Badlands
First Name
Oliver
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Badsquatch, Tacoma TRD Off Road, Jetta
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Yep, LOL.

I've never read a word on their website, and I'm not starting today, what a useless article.

But hey, they don't need to buy one, they sound a bit salty though, missed out on reservations? :-D

Sponsored

Pancho Kornwallace

Base
First Name
Pancho
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Base
I guess Edmonds doesn't like motorcycles and toddler tricycles and the Star Wars X-34 Landspeeder from Star Wars since they all don't have doors:

Ford Bronco 3 “gimmicky” things Edmunds doesn’t like about the Bronco x34-landspeeder

MississippiMule

Banned
Base
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Toyota 4Runner, 1976 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

It's also weird that the writer doesn't explain that "gimmicks" such as washout floors and the dash rail are only on certain models. His "research" probably includes just reading myriad articles already out there that make it sound like these features are on all Broncos.

Pancho Kornwallace

Base
First Name
Pancho
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Base
Phew!

I was really worried that my switches would make this highly influential and potentially re-sale price busting article.

Dodged an arrow there (which by the way is harder if you have no doors).

Bdisco

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘88 911,‘15 Chevy 2500, ‘24 Acura Integra Type S
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Broncodave

Black Diamond
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Dodge Challenger/Nissan Xterra
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Okay, I'm going to play devil's advocate here:

1. Yes it's a typical clickbait article, but look how good it worked. Instead of being ignored, it's now posted on B6G for all to see, with pages of comments about it!

2. He's right about the electronics and water. We've already discussed that here several times.

3. Doors off sometimes will be fun, but let's face, most won't do it very often, so it is a bit gimmicky.

4. He's absolutely right that no one, not even your family and friends, wants to watch more than 30 seconds of your "home movies".

5. He said this stuff gimmicky, but nowhere did he say you shouldn't buy a Bronco because of it. In fact, he says "There are plenty of interesting and downright cool features on the 2021 Ford Bronco and we're looking forward to checking them all out as much as you are."

I've never used the word "snowflake" before, but I'm starting to think this reaction from B6G is what that word is all about.
Sponsored